Destiny [PS3,X360,PS4,XO]

Saw my ps4 downloading a update for the beta. Has it started already ? Man, I am so excited to get back from work.

In other news, Bungie has said that the beta will not feature any Raids :( . We will have to get the full version for that. Beta has MP maps(4), one strike and 4 Story missions. Wish we had atleast one Raid, as I believe, that is where the real experience lies ! Where one really a feels one is on an adventure with other guardians.

Also, Bungie says Xbone beta won't be 1080p, which is strange as the game's visuals aren't really next gen. The characters, their lighting and effects look superb and amazing during a firefight but the environments themselves are pretty much last gen like. AnYways, the final game is supposed to be 1080p on Xbone too.

See u guys in the beta, pump up that ps4 :cool: ! I will be trying out the Titan this time. Played ns a Warlock in the Alpha. I think I will be a Warlock in the final game too. He is just super cool !

Shame I got to wait till the 23rd for the Xbox One beta. I was in a couple of channels watching Destiny alpha streams and it looks fun as hell!

Bungie can do no wrong by me when it comes to multi-player. Well maybe Reach pre-v7/NBNS settings... But I won't get into that. :oops:

I hope they're smart about getting to 1080p on x1. If they sacrifice framerate, or make obvious graphical compromises, I'd rather have 900p.

Manged to get home for lunch to kick off the download so I can play it tonight. Bungie's site was solid to get the code but PSN was a wreck trying to redeem it. Took me about 30 minutes of shuffling to the Redeem Code screen then getting kicked back to the home screen then going back to the Redeem Code screen before I got the Destiny beta client installed to start the 10GB beta download. Seems like Bungie was more prepared than Sony for the mass amount of people wanting to play the beta.

Playstation Americas code if anyone wants one:

NNQH-JDND-DGG3

Last edited by a moderator:
it's so dumb to have to launch the beta to download the game, now i can't put my ps4 in standby mode to download, and it will take hours.

Based on twitch streams, this seems like Borderlands without any of the charm or fun. Combat is slow and clunky, the look and atmosphere of the game generic and there is a definite "limited arena" feel to the zones I have seen so far that gets exasperated by interstitial menus. Voice acting is also pretty poor. I didn't see any environmental destruction.

Somewhere between 1st person Dust and a 1st person Resistance?

What's the hook supposed to be exactly?

Cheers

Based on twitch streams, this seems like Borderlands without any of the charm or fun. Combat is slow and clunky, the look and atmosphere of the game generic and there is a definite "limited arena" feel to the zones I have seen so far that gets exasperated by interstitial menus. Voice acting is also pretty poor. I didn't see any environmental destruction.

Cheers

It plays like HALO.

The inclusion of ADS makes it different from Halo from the get go, I think it plays like Borderlands with some elements of Halo mixed in.

Playstation Americas codes if anyone wants one:

QQBR-A7NT-NLEN
NNQH-JDND-DGG3
I could kiss you, thanks!

I used the first code. Downloading now.

apparently you can put the console in standby and it keeps downloading.
Yes, the PS4 always continues downloading in standby. Should download updates automatically in standby too, if enabled in the settings.

For me, I just redeemed the code, selected download in the Sony store, download started (update + beta) then I put my PS4 is standby. Just like with every other digital download.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cheers

This game seems to me equal parts derived from Star Wars (reminds me of that Star Wars MMO), Halo, and Borderlands :p

For one I know we're not supposed to care about graphics (except when we do) but the graphics are a lot better than Borderlands. Chanced across a pre-sequel video, it looks a whole generation worse.

For me, I just redeemed the code, selected download in the Sony store, download started (update + beta) then I put my PS4 is standby. Just like with every other digital download.

You might want to check it. The initially download is only like 200mb. Then you load the game and it starts downloading the rest (10.97gb).

Back