Destiny [PS3,X360,PS4,XO]

Does it do the Borderlands thing where they reduce the damage your weapon does if you're fighting enemies that have a higher level than your character? I always hated being artificially limited like that.

To answer my own question, yes it does, and to a worse degree than Borderlands.

I was level 6 when I found some level 11 enemies. The sniper rifle I had does about 1000 damage on headshots. Headshots on the level 11 enemies did 1 or 2 damage. After a while I became level 7 so I decided to go back there with the same sniper rifle. I did a headshot on the same type of enemy as before, only this was a level 7, same as me. The headshot did 1147 damage. Then I landed a headshot on those level 11 enemies. 342 damage, killing it. That's an absurd difference for enemies within the same area and for only 1 level more on my character.

All that aside, I am enjoying playing Destiny.

I meant the beta. how long does that last? I will only be able to maybe play it once before Sunday ends, have a workshop going on for some students here.

That, I don't know.

To answer my own question, yes it does, and to a worse degree than Borderlands.
This is pretty much the norm for MMOs. The mechanic is to stop people with good equipment taking on things several levels higher and blasting through the levels by gaining more experience than you would from things nearer your own level.

I'm currently level 5 and my sniper rifle does 400-500 damage on solid head shots on level 8 meanies, but level 9 meanings will only take 10-15 damage making them effectively unkillable.

I am also really liking Destiny. Took me about an hour work work out what's what but the gunplay is solid. And I've not come across any bugs or glitches yet! :cool:

Crucible mission on Legendary..... now that was a nice challenge! It took me and 2 random 8 lvl players almost 1h 10mins to finish it.

Its taking me awfully long to download this particular file :( ! Keeps getting errors. Is it because too many ppl are downloading it or something? I have been downloading almost all PS4 titles on day 1 and had super fast downloads, but this one is a major pain. Most of the Saturday is already gone and I am still staring at the download progress bar :( !
Hope I get to spend some time in it. I don't wantto end up with just one session and bang: Time up !

Is anyone else facing lots of errors with this download?

Crucible mission on Legendary..... now that was a nice challenge! It took me and 2 random 8 lvl players almost 1h 10mins to finish it.

Ya I really enjoy how challenging the boss battles have been so far.

The enemy AI overally is nicely dynamic. Normal enemies will routinely rush you in groups, causing all kinds of havoc, and I've noticed each boss seems to have a number of different behaviors as they get damaged, getting more and more aggressive with reduced cooldown times, it always seems much harder to land that killing blow than it was to take the first chunk of health.

Um...wow!?!

Just the soundtrack itself is more Halo than the last Halo :)

Game is super great so far...great atmo, graphics are ok as well (some shadow artifacts/flickering, but for an alpha it is already quite polished!)

I chose the Warlock class...I wonder if they differ much?

I chose the Warlock class...I wonder if they differ much?
I picked Hunter then played as a Titan and, as with most MMOs, the differences become more pronounced as you level but the alpha only lets you get to level 8. If you scan through the skill trees you can see they'll be quite a bit of variety in the glasses.

Game is really great! Loving the shooting and the weapon sound. It is pure Halo gameplay...fantastic.

Can't wait for the release! When is the release btw?

Codename Destiny: Details on Bungie's next game revealed

Shaders and modelling of assets has a last gen look to them but the game itself is Fantastic !!! The core shooting is so smooth and fun that replaying the same missions again and again isn't getting boring at all !
So, from what I understand, there is one SP type mission, one Strike which is only playable with others and a MP mode called Crucible.

Had a lot of fun replaying Devils Lair multiple times, same for the SP mission. Had no fun at all in MP(Crucible). I kept shooting like crazy with seemingly no damage to others while they were obliterating me to smithereens in seconds :-/ ! Had no idea why, maybe they have better weapons, or its pure lag not registering my hits. Also gfx were bad in the one map I played.

Co-op is very fun in this game, VERY ! It has that something special that Borderlands lacked, for me. The core shooting mechanic is just pure fun !
Wish supers had a smaller cool down time :) !

And BTW, the way the game seamlessly brings in players into ur free roam game is just pure beautiful. It feels so smooth. Me n Cornsnake had lengthy session of free roam last night.

The game did a weird thing to me last night, a public event started but there was no 'public' :-/! It was just poor me against a whole army +the giant crab.

Anyways, all said and done, fab game....only complaint: I want to play it offline too. There were too many instances when. I was thrown out of my game due to internet issues :angry: !

Oh, and now that I have a rocket launcher, where the eff is the ammo Bungie :mad:????

White ammo drop - primary weapon
Green ammo drop - secondary weapon
Pink ammo drop - heavy weapon

You can also go to the Gunsmith in the Tower and buy "consumable" ammo refill.

Thanx...

BTW, any of you guys able to beat those creatures which show a "??" on their head insted of the level number? Even my best gun does only 1 damage per shot on them ! They can be found right at the begining, right where the game drops you for the SP mission, move left and you will see a small structure. A staircase leads down into pitch darkness, keep moving in and you will confront them. They are unbeatable :runaway: !

They are gatekeepers of some underground cave complex that can be reached if you run around them. FAST. There you can find brand new enemies that are also unkillable. Hopefully this area [and much more SP missions] will be unlocked during Beta test.

BqHY7f7CYAABJ8X.jpg:large

BqHZZaeCEAA1lo7.jpg:large

Last edited by a moderator:
Once you've completed a roaming mission, does it get removed from the level? Is it possible to complete them all, or do they keep regenerating?

I'm liking the alpha quite a bit. Like the level up system and shooting. I didn't have much interest in the game because I still didn't quite get the game as a whole, but the alpha pretty much sold me.

Once you've completed a roaming mission, does it get removed from the level? Is it possible to complete them all, or do they keep regenerating?

I'm liking the alpha quite a bit. Like the level up system and shooting. I didn't have much interest in the game because I still didn't quite get the game as a whole, but the alpha pretty much sold me.

They keep on regenerating, but they often force you to move from one location to another.

Back