Destiny [PS3,X360,PS4,XO]

Yay! Me too!

2014-06-12%20Destiny%20Alpha.png

Bang goes my weekend! :D

I played through the non-MP content of Alpha with my Titan [maxed it out], and the game ROCKS. I am really impressed with what is offered here [visuals, menu UI, gameplay, action, RPG, item management]. Everything is incredibly streamlined.

On Sony's Greatnessawaits website. But sign ups are closed now.
Yup. But any pre-order will net you a beta code, the beta starts July 17th.

The alpha only runs until Sunday so you're probably not missing much. Except a bunch of bugs and glitches.

Destiny Alpha looks good! Love the swooping vista, lighting and art, not to mention lots of shadow casting light sources. This is quickly becoming a day one buy for me now.

Skyghene22 posted a video playing the Alpha through a Vita remote play. Seemed to work quite well.

I can think of a fair few high profile MMOs (Asheron's Call, Anarchy Online, Age of Conan, Dark Age of Camelot, Dungeons & Dragons Online, Lord of the Rings Online) that launched in a blaze of excitement then struggled to maintain an active player base.
Dunno about AoC but I'm pretty sure almost everyone of those others were wildly successful financially ... they were also rans sure, but they kept a pretty good subscriber base (or F2P base) going for a very long time.

If there are any more spare codes floating around for PS4, I'd be very grateful for one. :D

1.1GB ... it still reads like a huge download mentally, but in practice it's just five minutes ... How times change!

I also still feel a bit funny when I see downloads in the GB range, I only just upgraded to fiber optic and I was pleasantly surprised to see some 2GB file finish up in 3 min or so. Madness. I'm so old.

Back