Destiny [PS3,X360,PS4,XO]

Loving it ! :D this is one game I know I will be losing my life to........make it as fun as u can Bungie, we are ready to explore every damn planet !!!!

I'm not feeling it also, but I'm probably one of the few that played the Halo games for the SP/Co-op story.

I sucked at MP and only played it sporadically when I was in Kansas.

This is primarily and fundamentally a co op game, with the whole Soalr system to explore that can be expanded to where ever they fell like, to the whole universe , and that is exactly why I am so interested !

Loving it ! :D this is one game I know I will be losing my life to........make it as fun as u can Bungie, we are ready to explore every damn planet !!!!
Same here. I'd read a lot about it but it wasn't until I saw the gameplay at the PS4 reveal that it grabbed my interest. I don't know why I doubted Bungie, I've loved all their games since Marathon.

I like the maps and the player and weapon designs. Not thrilled about the enemies or the gameplay though. So far, it doesn't look that exciting.to play. Once they have more enemies on screen, and more varied enemies, my interest will grow.

I like the maps and the player and weapon designs. Not thrilled about the enemies or the gameplay though. So far, it doesn't look that exciting.to play. Once they have more enemies on screen, and more varied enemies, my interest will grow.

I fear I feel the same... But I'm more concerned about it feeling too MMORPG and not enough MMOFPS (or TPS), it seems less action oriented and more about gear/stats, which feels odd. I'm curious to see if they can strike the good (for me) balance.

Amazon just added a pre-order beta this morning:

Pre-order for Beta Access
Be one of the first to blaze a trail through the wild frontiers of Destiny. Pre-order from Amazon.com and receive access to the upcoming beta. Beta will be available in early 2014 on the following platforms: PS4 system, PS3 system, Xbox One, and Xbox 360. Limited time only. While beta codes last. Internet connection is required. Amazon will email you a code to sign up to receive beta access within 1 business day after you pre-order, starting on October 3, 2013. All customers who pre-ordered Destiny before October 1, 2013 will also receive a beta access code. Please read the PlayStation Network and Xbox LIVE terms of use. In order to qualify for the Beta you will need to: Own either a PS4 system, PS3 system, Xbox One, or Xbox 360 with valid online subscription membership, have a unique PlayStation Network ID or Xbox LIVE Gamertag, and have a bungie.net account. In order to activate the redemption code you will need to: Log on to www.bungie.net/beta and complete the redemption code process as outlined on the website.

(As a side note, I almost deleted the message from Amazon this morning with the code because I thought it was a phishing attempt).

I don't like the part which says you need to have a bungie.net account. No, please. Please tie in your game to the psn and xboxlive profiles. Look at Blizzard, they did it very well with Diablo 3.

I don't like the part which says you need to have a bungie.net account. No, please. Please tie in your game to the psn and xboxlive profiles. Look at Blizzard, they did it very well with Diablo 3.

It is actually tied into your PSN and XBox Live profile. When you sign up for your "bungie" account, it asks if you want to sign up with an existing PSN or XBox Live account. If you do so, then it uses that information, and you don't provide a different Bungie account. It let me attach both my live and my psn account, and will sign into "bungie.net" with either.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/11/01/destiny-how-halo-got-the-star-wars-treatment

Destiny goes down the Star Wars route of embracing a more fantastical subgenre. The original concept art for the game focused on knights, a title any Lucas fan will be familiar with, while the awe-inspiring abilities conferred by The Traveler look set to crank Jedi force abilities up to 11. Internally at Bungie, the team has come up with a name for this amalgamation of influences they’ve created: Mythic Science Fiction.

“Internally we’ve started calling it Mythic Science Fiction; a world that’s rooted in science fiction but with more fantastical elements than we’ve ever had before, at least with Halo,” Osborne explained. “So you can have a guy with a cape and a gun that shoots gunpowder but then he can use the power of the Traveller, which is effectively light, to fire flames at his enemy and disintegrate them.

May I suggest Bungie take a quick look at Five Star Stories ?
It's a beautiful albeit utterly confusing amalgamation of scifi (space mechas + droids) and fantasy (gods + dragons + reincarnation). :)

Original footage at E3 had me looking forward to this game, the more recent stuff hasn't really built on that though and I'm starting to wonder what got me interested in the first place. Visuals are decent, gameplay is what I would expect - I hope the game delivers.

Edit:

I think its their comments about the weapons that has me concerned, I really hope we don't end up with fairly predictable bosses that require certain weapons to take down or to take down areas of the level to kill the boss over and over.

There is a boss in the YouTube link above (4:40).

They took it down without any special weapon. I didn't know you can leap attack in Destiny. Hope they develop these melee-like skills more.

Nnew trailer with some gameplay.

Not really feeling it. *shrug*
Agreed. I haven't seen one piece of media about this game that says "Buy me!". I love Bungie and I really hope they can pull it off, but I'm a little worried because I haven't seen anything really compelling yet.

Yap that trailer doesn't do much.

I prefer to see gameplay footage these days. The one I saw above is a little floaty (fighting on the Moon ?). If the basic combat plays like the first Halo, it should be ok.

They can expand on the background story later for all I care. :)

I really appreciate what is shown so far...looks really good to me. Overall, it seems a bit too good to be true...devs have lot's of ideas...all quite great to me...but will they really be implemented? implemented as explained? How will space exploration work...is it a big Mass Effect like game?

I am curios how this game turns out. At the moment, this is at the top of my want to test it out myself list...

Back