Destiny [PS3,X360,PS4,XO]

Cool ! Been a while since I played Halo 2. The Destiny world sounds interesting. Is it going to be like MUSH/MUD where users extend the world indefinitely ?

What Destiny lacks is Master Chief, IMHO.

It also doesn't look like Mass Effect at all; the nextgen incarnation of which is going to be even more different from this.

Lacking Master Chief is a bonus for me. I'd rather play my own customizable character.

My only problem with this game, is that it looks kind of uninspired from a gameplay angle. The art is great. I just haven't seen any interesting mechanics or gameplay ideas that haven't been done elsewhere. They've just tacked some mmo ideas onto borderlands, basically. I mean, that's definitely not a bad thing. I just thought I'd see some ideas that were totally new.

It's still on my list of games I'm looking forward to.

It is interesting that you still see a bit of Halo dna in it, some of the jump animations for example, weapons as well. I am excited to try this though.

I said this before but I really like the weapons designs. The universe seems vast too..kinda like playing a Star Wars type game.

Not a big online guy, but what Bungie has been showing is impressive.

But I'm curious, is there going to be more to this then just ground-level combat? Everything they've shown so far revolves around shooting and riding those hover-bikes. But what about piloting mechs or airships, or messing with crazy space combat? Are they going to show or pull-off any of those things in-game?

Destiny has piqued my interest, but it's got to show me more of what's on the table gameplay-wise. Or else being an always-online shooter does nothing for me.

I've never been a build my own character guy. I guess that's why i never really understood the RPG genre. I rather play a Batman, Master Chief or John Marston. They already have a story & emotional attachment. The closest I got to building my own character was Crackdown & while a lot of fun, the "hero" & story were not memorable. For me, while Destiny's world & interaction seem to unbelievably cool, I'm still undecided without more single player story details. If it's not a good game single player wise & it's basically just multiplayer, then I may have to pass.

Tommy McClain

This is kinda like a Phantasy Star Online game...there's no face or main character. It's just you and thousands of others working towards a common goal...though you could decide to go at it alone or with others is up to you...I like that. It's more open world but still has small sub missions to undertake.

I can't say anything I've seen so far about Destiny grabs me. However, I will purchase the game because Bungie has been great to me for the last decade or so. Since 2001, I've probably played Halo games more than any other. They've earned a leap of faith from me.

I'm just going to be happy that I can play a new Bungie shooter on PC again, yay! Otherwise I'm not terribly excited by anything they've shown so far, but I've got trust in Bungie to release a quality and fun product. They haven't failed me in the past so I'm hoping they don't fail me now.

Regards,
SB

Being an MMO, the best thing they can do is not give a release date. There is nothing worse than an MMO launching due to a deadline rather than launching when it is finished and bugfree.

Regards,
SB

10016106216_4502924aed.jpg

Man, thats one cool box art after a loooooong time ! :p

New trailer coming tomorrow showing a new location ! I hope its Venus th econcept art for Venus was damn cool !
http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/09/30/destiny-box-art-revealed-for-ps3-and-ps4/

I have to say that this is the game I am most excited for that has been announced so far. I like the multi-player model. Being able to pop in and out of multi-player fits my play style very well. There are times I want to focus on one particular thing to the point it would annoy other people, but there are other times I love to jump into a battle with other people and work as a team. Current models of multi-player vs. single player haven't worked well for that.

It seems to combine things I liked about MMOs with the ability to still play alone and make progression if I am just not in the mood to deal with other people. I also really like the artistic style I've seen so far. I know that is mostly personal taste, but I actually think this looks better than any of the other games shown. Might not be the technical best, but I really like the look of the game.

I hope that what we've seen in trailers and such is what we get when the game comes out.

I really wished this game would have been a Xbox One exclusive :(
Not because I will get One in like... until they are selling them as clearance.
But because if it was a One exclusive, I would not play it.
And now I will probably put a 100 hours in it :(

Damn you MicroSoft, why did you have to let Bungie go??? :LOL:

Nnew trailer with some gameplay.

Not really feeling it. *shrug*

I'm not feeling it also, but I'm probably one of the few that played the Halo games for the SP/Co-op story.

I sucked at MP and only played it sporadically when I was in Kansas.

Back