Unreal Engine 4

Enlighten tech looks very nice and has indirect shadows, really hope that games would start to use something like this even for just dynamic lights.

Real-time GI in UE4 using Enlighten technology: <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHbHOQ1NRuw">YouTube Link</a>

Wow! I wonder if we will ever get games with this graphics quality...must be quite expensive to build the assets. I wished the included a moving character into the scene.

Maybe first a small game where the gameplay evolves about the lighting :)

Looked like some moving objects during the 2nd part of the video?

The light source can be dynamic but not the objects that generate the bounce (like the couch). It's very pretty and useful for some scenes but isn't a general solution especially for games that have destruction.

Meh. Looks like a more detailed version of Crysis 1 rocks with some better lighting :)

Wow! I wonder if we will ever get games with this graphics quality...must be quite expensive to build the assets. I wished the included a moving character into the scene.

Maybe first a small game where the gameplay evolves about the lighting :)

Should be perfect for those flashlight puzzle game

Unreal Engine 4.19 Preview

This list provides a brief summary of updates in this Preview which may benefit from additional testing. Not all updates may be listed. Full release notes will be made available with the final 4.19 release.
  • Rendering Updates:
    • Temporal AA Upsampling. This is a spatial and temporal upscaler that happens in the Temporal AA pass to produce consistent geometry sharpness from varying primary screen percentage from 50% up to 200%.
    • Dynamic resolution. To go with Temporal upsampling, Unreal Engine 4.19 also introduces Dynamic Resolution to automatically adjust screen percentage according to previous frame GPU workload.
    • Landscape Rendering optimizations.
      • The LOD system was changed from distanced based to be specified in screen size, like static mesh.
      • The LOD distribution was also changed to give more coherent triangle size in distance.
  • VR/AR Updates:
    • VR Resolution Settings. Significant change from Screen Percentage to Pixel Density (see blog)
    • Vive Pro Support. All existing UE4 content that supports SteamVR is compatible with HTC’s newly-announced Vive Pro.
    • Motion Controller Component Visualization. Motion Controllers in Unreal Engine 4.19 now have a new Visualization category.

More: https://forums.unrealengine.com/unr...d-releases/1413780-unreal-engine-4-19-preview

Back