COD Black Ops II

I pick MOH over this simply for the same reason as yours. I don't want to play with COD crowd for long. Its fine as a distraction but I prefer BF3 CQC over COD anyday. i am hoping MOH Warfighter will be more BF-like than COD-like and anyways COD crowd will be busy with COD and I might get a fresh new game with a bit of BF CQCfeel.

TBH I think the killstreaks more than anything have ruined COD. In terms of rewards, which gives a bigger high--capturing a flag in Domination, or getting to pilot a helicopter and rain death down on the opposing team? I think this alone explains why so many people would rather focus on getting kills than actually winning the game.

I pick MOH over this simply for the same reason as yours. I don't want to play with COD crowd for long. Its fine as a distraction but I prefer BF3 CQC over COD anyday. i am hoping MOH Warfighter will be more BF-like than COD-like and anyways COD crowd will be busy with COD and I might get a fresh new game with a bit of BF CQCfeel.
I think the new BF3 has a strong influence from CoD 4 -imho, one of the best CoD games ever, and a evolutionary game-.

I've never purchased a CoD game after CoD4 but despite the criticism they get sometimes, after all this time I think CoD got it right. They sacrificed some of the resolution to make the game runs smooth as silk, and yet the game doesn't look bad. That's an achievement in itself, imho.

c o d was good at 1 time, its just over milked now. c o d 1 2 and 4 were awesome after that the whole series just plunged downwards.

it's not that the COD mp is bad or anything. it's just that we have played it millions of times b4 and its just the same still. it feels as if there is not much to do and it gets boring pretty quick .I can last only 1 week in 1 COD mp. After that I find myself back in battlefield 3.

fearsomepirate said:
TBH I think the killstreaks more than anything have ruined COD. In terms of rewards, which gives a bigger high--capturing a flag in Domination, or getting to pilot a helicopter and rain death down on the opposing team? I think this alone explains why so many people would rather focus on getting kills than actually winning the game.

You Get killstreak rewards from capturing objectives etc in mw3.

That said, s&d is very objective based and I'm quite shocked with the level of skill some of the players have.

Either way for me mw1,2,3 still have the best cqc combat. Simply due to its raw pace, and gun feel!

Nothing beats the feel of eliminating a team by quickscoping them!

anyone ever played this game yet? some of the people who have played the leaked xbox version say the campaign is abysmal. I really want to know how the new missions work: the strike force missions. since they are optional a lot of people arent playing them. 2 people who I know played themand they say the strikeforce missions are really boring .

but I want to know the impressions of Beyond 3d.

if only activation would let us buy the multiplayer separately I would buy it on day 1. I just can't pay 4,000 for a game when a regular game costs only Rs2500.

For now I have borrowed modern warfare 3 from my friend to just have a short change from battlefield 3 again.

Yeah, I'd only be interested in COD for its MP. I might get this too, as my long time Live crew doesn't appear to like H4 MP (or BF3 MP post-patch).

Yeah, I'd only be interested in COD for its MP. I might get this too, as my long time Live crew doesn't appear to like H4 MP (or BF3 MP post-patch).

I am finding quite a few peeps really digging Halo 4 so you can always jump in with me :D

A good commentary on how much graphics have progressed this gen is I remember MW1 sprang on the scene largely for being regarded as such a looker.

I'm sure Blops 2 looks much better than MW, yet it looks pretty garbage compared to other games now.

A good commentary on how much graphics have progressed this gen is I remember MW1 sprang on the scene largely for being regarded as such a looker.

I'm sure Blops 2 looks much better than MW, yet it looks pretty garbage compared to other games now.

Even on PC...

Garbage is an overstatement, I wouldn't call it that.
Yes it doesn't looks as good as the games in the top tier of graphics but it sure doesn't looks like ass and for the framerate it offers it sure does looks good, I'd say it's still in the upper bracket as far as looks are concerned. Also this game has a very sleek presentation which helps the overall look.

Anyways as for the game itself I'm liking the changes and the writing here is pretty tight and solid to be honest. Anyone who disses it without trying just because it's COD would be missing out because they'd be wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't got my copy yet. Should get it by end of the week, though I'll be away until mid next week, so not sure yet when I'll get to play.

A bit anxious - I wonder if second-lifers will be back in this multi player game. It's the most annoying perk there is IMO.

Yes it doesn't looks as good as the games in the top tier of graphics but it sure doesn't looks like ass and for the framerate it offers it sure does looks good, I'd say it's still in the upper bracket as far as looks are concerned. Also this game has a very sleek presentation which helps the overall look.

Anyways as for the game itself I'm liking the changes and the writing here is pretty tight and solid to be honest. Anyone who disses it without trying just because it's COD would be missing out because they'd be wrong.

Got the game on launch night while it's not an ugly looking game it definitely isn't in the upper bracket in terms of graphics.MP is fun despite the larger hit boxers and greater lag compensation but still fun to play.On a sidenote, I'm absolutely loving the separate Zombie's campaign and playing Transit has been pretty darn intense.

Been playing the campaign so far and the graphics is definitely not in the upper bracket at all (360 version). When you play BF3, KZ3 and Halo 4 on a daily basis, you can clearly see a sudden dive in visual fidelity with Blops 2. The lighting, resolution, level of geometry and particle effects are simply not up there, to me it's almost like a generation of difference in graphics to the listed three games. While the 60fps is great but there's nothing else to praise about. I actually thought MW3 looked better at this stage.

IMO Treyarch never quite nailed the visuals the way IW did. Since they share tech, it's gotta be their artists and designers. On the other hand, I much prefer Treyarch's audio design...although BlOps2 takes a step backward on the weapon sounds. The AK-47 and Galil both sound worse than their BlOps1 incarnations. Of course, COD doesn't hold a candle to Battlefield in the audio department to begin with.

Here's my short review:

The campaign is the best of the series, with the possible exception of WaW (which I adored). They did a great job of addressing the complaint that BlOps1's campaign was far too on-rails, with too-constrained pathways, and taking control away from the player too often. BlOps2 makes sure you have plenty of bad guys to kill and plenty of space to kill them in. I really dug the "choose your own adventure" aspect, too. Unfortunately, Strike Force missions are as terrible as everyone says they are, and they become unplayable at the highest difficulties. If you want the best ending, play it on Recruit. I loved choosing my weapons, perks, and grenades at the start of a mission. This is a fantastic addition to the series. Overall, this is the most fun I've had in a FPS campaign since Crysis 2.

Multiplayer to me is a mixed bag. The Pick-10 system is great. The weapons are fine, consisting mostly of things that are either real (AN-94, SCAR-L, Skorpion Evo 3, etc) or exist as a prototype or on a drawing board somewhere. It's still COD, not Halo. Shotguns are now usable, since their magazines have been significantly increased and have a greater variety of useful attachments available. I really like the bots being able to play Domination now, and there's deep customization for private matches.

To me, the biggest problem is that Treyarch has gotten obsessed with stopping camping. It's just idiotic---as long as you make maps with walls and cover, some people will hide and ambush the players that like to run around. This has been part of FPSes since Doom. Ghost no longer works unless you're moving, i.e., it's solely for not being noticed as you flank rather than helping you hide. The senor jammer, camera spike, and motion sensor are gone. Most of the maps are small, with short sight lines and no open areas. They're clearly designed to make you run around and test your twitch reflexes against each other. Nuketown is about mid-sized for a BlOps2 map. There's certainly nothing like COD4's Overgrown or Strike. And then you've got the Millimeter Scanner, which is basically a wallhack for spotting non-moving enemies around corners, and the Target Finder, which highlights everyone in your field of vision with big red diamonds. And it seems to me the recoil's been greatly reduced since BlOps, with guns having a more MW2-like feel. There's a lot more hand-holding for spastic preteens who can't control their rage when they get killed by someone they didn't see.

Basically, the game feels like they're catering to a specific type of whiner that feels like it's not fair that he got killed when he ran headlong into a room without tossing in a flashbang first or checking his corners, or that a game is "broken" if he ran down the same road six times and got killed by the same sniper six times. I don't expect COD to be a tactical shooter. But the new obsession with preventing people from using anything remotely resembling a realistic tactic is just a little ridiculous.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back