Nvidia BigK GK110 Kepler Speculation Thread

Italian cars are quite commonly designed by 3rd party design houses like Pininfarina etc. So it's not Audi (Volkswagen, really) or Fiat who design those vehicles anyway... :)

Btw. Nvidia Titan's cooler remind me of the dials of 1980s american TV sets. It has that tacky chrome look so common from a few decades past.

While Nvidia is off buying yachts and fancy buildings, AMD will pull a fast one and release a groundbreaking architecture that demolishes all Nvidia cards. Then Nvidia will go out of business, all because they spent money on a new office building instead of on R&D.

/AMDZone

I'm pretty convinced that nVidia's SP flop numbers for Kepler are pure bullshit. A Fermi SM had sufficient register bandwidth for 64 MADs/clk. nVidia claims that a Kepler SMX has 2x the bandwidth so 128 MADs/clk makes sense. I have no idea where they're getting 192 from.

A Kepler SMX is drastically different from a Fermi SM. It runs instructions from 4 warps every cycle instead of two, and is two-way superscalar. This means it can in theory issue 8 instructions per cycle (=8x32=256 MADs), but only has 6 execution ports, giving you the 192 (=6x32) figure.

The bandwidth number is misleading in this regard since you also have to take into account the clock rate being lowered.

qSNrpeA.png

mobile.pcgameshardware.de/Crysis-3-PC-235317/Tests/Crysis-3-Test-CPU-Benchmark-1056578/

Last edited by a moderator:
A Kepler SMX is drastically different from a Fermi SM. It runs instructions from 4 warps every cycle instead of two, and is two-way superscalar. This means it can in theory issue 8 instructions per cycle (=8x32=256 MADs), but only has 6 execution ports, giving you the 192 (=6x32) figure.

The bandwidth number is misleading in this regard since you also have to take into account the clock rate being lowered.

Eh? I know the marketing numbers. That's not what I'm asking about.

I would say that it appears to be utilising all cpu resources. ;)
Sadly this is a sign of a bad port , I can't think of a recent game that should such behavior than GTA IV , you simply had to run the game with a Quad core CPU to be decently playable, and worst of all the Graphics was mediocre at best.

Back