Nvidia BigK GK110 Kepler Speculation Thread

Interesting. If NVIDIA really managed to pull off >1GHz Boost (that's actually triggered in games) I'll be impressed.

You all did notice the "Titan" is different shade of green than the rest?

Doesn't matter. I want two of them. I want 60 fps when lurking arround in a heavily (enb.++)modded Skyrimforest with SSAA :p
18 feb. ?! That's arround a week?! No vacation for me then this summer :D

Are these Telsa equivalents that didn't make it, or are there some hard changes?

Last edited by a moderator:

Nice catch!

Most likely a fake made from this:

GTX-680-Official-Specs.jpg

Off, guys, does it really matter, to put efforts to investigate on some fake images only about one week before the launch? Are you really so impatient?

It says under the pic on their site "photo not genuine".

Personally I'd be very surprised if this comes in around 900MHz and 1000MHz boost. I was thinking low to mid 800MHz and maybe high 800MHz range for the boost. Good for them if they pull it off.

...and on top with a 502mm2 die area, which translates to a >14M transistors/mm2 density :rolleyes:

I don't say that it's true, but I'd be impressed if it were so. With a frequency of about 900MHz is reasonable to expect a well over 250w tdp

NVIDIA GeForce GTX Titan To Be Released on February 18th

Finally, we have some solid information about the upcoming flagship model from NVIDIA. Our sources confirm that the almighty Titan is set to be launched on February 18th in very limited quantities.

Info from TPU and Donanimhaber is correct. Launch date is correct too. I seen Three Titans today (it looks better then GTX 690, too sexy boards), few Magazines has cards for review.

Performance is few percents under GTX 690, numbers from OBR are correct.

GeForce GTX Titan Specifications
First off, it seems that the specs, which have been floating around the web for few past day, are correct. Forget about the 512-bit interface though. The GTX Titan will be based on GK110 GPU with 2688 CUDA cores. There will be 224 texture mapping and 48 raster operating units. The reference board will almost without a doubt be equipped with 6GB of GDDR5 memory across 384-bit interface.
There is a bit of confusion regarding the final GPU clocks though. First leaks suggested that the core will be clocked at 732 MHz. DonanimHaber has reported reliable, reliable as can be at this stage, information about the texture fill rate, which apparently comes in at 288 GT/s. That’s faster than the GTX 690′s 234 GT/s. Furthermore, the site is reporting that the GTX Titan would have computing power of 4.5 TFLOPS. If the provided numbers are correct we are in the range of 800-900 MHz core clock . The memory however, should not reach the common 6 GHz mark.

GeForce GTX Titan Performance
The card will be slower than the GTX 690. It should perform 55-60% better than GTX 680 and HD 7970.

Doesn't 288 GT/s with 224 TMUs imply a core clock (or at least a TMU clock) of ~1.29 GHz?

Even with all SMXs enabled and therefore 240 TMUs it would mean 1.2GHz.

Maybe someone meant 188GTexels/s and the 2 in front is just a typo.
188000 / 224 = 839MHz
2688SPs * 2 FLOPs * 0.839MHz = 4.51 TFLOPs/s SP

Nvidia GeForce Titan Launches February 18th, 2013

http://www.brightsideofnews.com/new...th2c-2013-loses-to-gtx-6902c-amd-hd-7990.aspx

The GK110 GPU represents the heart of this card, featuring 14 SMX clusters (1 is disabled for yield reasons) for a grand total of 2,688 CUDA cores. This puts the product between two shipping products based on the GK110 core. The GTX Titan comes below the K20X with its 2,880 CUDA Cores (full 15 SMX clusters active) and above the regular K20, which ships with 13 SMX clusters enabled (2,496 CUDA cores). GTX Titan has 224 Texture Mapping (TMU) and 48 Raster Operating Units (ROP).

The chip itself is clocked at 875 MHz for reference clock, even though the two select vendors (ASUS and EVGA) have the option of custom clocking the parts. For example, ASUS GTX Titan allegedly comes clocked at impressive 915 MHz.

The company castrated the Double Precision, and you can expect great Single Precision performance (2,688 CUDA cores time 875 MHz should result in around 4.5 TFLOPS SP from a single chip). Double-precision follows the Kepler tradition of 1/24 Single Precision performance. Yes, 4.7 TFLOPS SP and 196 GFLOPS DP, nicely protecting Tesla K20/K20X and the upcoming Quadro K6000 products.

The chip commands pixel fillrate of 49 GPixel/s and texel fillrate of 196 GTexel/s (once more, Texel fillrate is identical to FP64 Double Precision), while 384-bit at six billion transfers per second was enough for amazingly high 288.4GB/s.

Doesn't 288 GT/s with 224 TMUs imply a core clock (or at least a TMU clock) of ~1.29 GHz?

Lol this prove their article is based on Donhinamber article as it have make an error between bandwith and GT/s .. >I start to ask me if this stite have any reliable source.

That is interesting, its the first article who look like something you can trust

That is interesting, its the first article who look like something you can trust
You do realize that Theo is practically the right hand of nVidia PR department, right? (kinda like Charlie is or at least used to be for AMD)

Back