God Of War Ascension PS3

I hate the look of this cyclops they are showing. He looks dumb and ugly. Hope they have the same concept artists as in GOW3. Other than that, yes, we see better self shadowing on the newer cyclops, am sure they have better optimisations this time.

I just want them to keep not abandon the 'look' of GOW3, the game looked phenomenal and superb while playing ! I still get goosebumps when I see the oh-so-freaking-real skin of Hades emerging from the darkness ! :devilish:

I just want them to keep not abandon the 'look' of GOW3, the game looked phenomenal and superb while playing ! I still get goosebumps when I see the oh-so-freaking-real skin of Hades emerging from the darkness ! :devilish:
I'm sure that we will see some incredible looking lighting, they have been improving the tech of GoW3 and at least skin shader on ogre seems to have some nice sss-like qualities. (bent normal trick?)

I certainly want to know what other tricks they have as GoW3 had one of the most interesting takes on Forward Rendering I have heard of.

They have some footage at gametrailers and it looks unbelievable. Especially the scene where the Cyclops' face is ruined and his eye is being pulled out

Very brutal

According to Tod Pappy that megalops is only a baby version of something much bigger in the game, I really hope they go crazy with the titan tech in Ascension since this is the single most visually stunning engine tech I've seen in this entire generation.

Is the bit towards the end where you are monkeying around those cages? That bit was annoying!

I'm talking about all parts actually. Traversal in God of War games always sucked in my opinion.

In gow3, i got stuck twice while traversing where Kratos wouldn't go forward however hard I pound the buttons. Once , it was during the boss fight with that god with super speed shoes. It was ironic as you were supposed to follow him around as fast as u can and instead Mr. kratos decided to cling to one ledge and not move ahead at all !

I can't remember when was the other incidence, but a similar thing happened again.

They should make it more freeform and smoother taking cues from AC and UC.

Sigfried1977 said:
I'm talking about all parts actually. Traversal in God of War games always sucked in my opinion.

Well, in my opinions those parts were all ok! That is why I wonder about the change in climbing...but it seems some of you guys had serious problems with it.

little summarized infos from todd pappy

Tons of New God of War: Ascension Details Revealed Via Twitter
May 7, 2012

Todd Papy, Game Director of God of War: Ascension, answered questions regarding Kratos’ prequel journey via Twitter. A handful of details were revealed during his Twitter Q&A. Here’s what we learned:

There will be no SP campaign co-op
Big open environments will not be in the game due to the style of gameplay
Cloth physics are being updated with new engine developed by their own team
GoW:A will use a similar blended animation system as in Uncharted

Character features will be updated (i.e. hair, skin etc.)
Various weapons seen in MP will make their way to the SP and allow for mixed weapon combos
Puzzles will play a part in the game
The Uncharted-like climbing system shown in the MP stream will be in the main campaign
Besides the Tattoos, skin tones will also be customisable in the online component
FPS rate will vary instead of steady 60
As of now there are no plans to create a GoW title on the Vita

The biggest surprise that came out of Papy’s responses was the fact that he tried to avoid discussing the single player.

At one point, he made it known that he doesn’t know if God of War: Ascension’s single player aspect is going to be shown at E3. With Papy claiming that the team is trying to focus on the multiplayer right now and Santa Monica stating that the demigod’s adventure won’t be hindered by multiplayer, one begins to wonder where the focus is primarily.

http://www.justpushstart.com/2012/05/tons-of-new-god-of-war-ascension-details-revealed-via-twitter/

I think it's obvious that they only want to talk about the MP right now, as that's what they've announced.

I find it a bit foolish to try to infer anything from ther team's focus based on a few early comments.

But of course the sensationlist immature videogame media will always try to look for ways to rile up the fanboys and get people moaning.

When did this industry become so bitterly cynical?

Tod Pappy said single player info will be coming soon during one of the interviews, so I guess it's either E3 or a bit after. I would rather have them demo SP on E3 since that would create the biggest wow and really get the momentum going, they can always run a public MP beta testing at a later date.
Anyway words can not express how excited I am for SP footage the MP is already looking better than GOW3's SP:).

Back