What are you looking forwards to for the rest of 2012?

Okay, so what games are you looking forwards to for the rest of 2012?

We've had some good stuff arrive since Christmas and the first quarter of this year, but what's on your radar to look out for between now and next Christmas? Not necessarily "must buys", but games you're very interested and that (if they live up to hype/expectation), will go on the shopping list.

Here's a few articles if you want to have a preview of what's on the cards. Don't forget to use them when someone tells you PC gaming is dead, dead dead.

PC Gamer

IGN
Gameranx

My personal list is currently:

Top of the pile:

Borderlands 2
Torchlight 2
Kingdoms Of Amalur expansions (second one is due out next week)

Waiting to see if they live up to the hype:

Max Payne 3
Prey 2 (at least until the official cancellation comes through)
X-Com Enemy Unknown
Bioshock Infinite
Assassins Creed 3
Aliens: Colonial Marine
Prototype 2
Devil May Cry 5
C&C Generals

I'd had to say Guild Wars 2 and Diablo 3 but I am really looking forward to what Mark Jacobs cooks up for tablets after he left EA Games last year.

From my Steam wishlist:
Bioshock Infinite
Darksiders 2
Metro Last Night
Max Payne 3

Not on my Steam wishlist but probably getting:
Diablo 3
Torchlight 2

Games not announced on Steam but probably will get:
GTA5
Assasins Creed 3
Borderlands 2

Diablo 3
BF3 DLC
Guild Wars 2
Hopefully some Skyrim DLC
Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs
Mists of Pandaria

Pretty much just patches/content expansions for World of Tanks :yep2:

Edit: World of Warplanes, Sword of the Stars2 being officially 'ready' and War of the Roses too.

Last edited by a moderator:
GuildWars2.
Bioshock infinite. Single playthrough.
I'll buy Diablo3, too, out of habit, but don't expect to get more than a single playthrough out of it.
I'll be on the lookout for games that aren't sequels.

Diablo 3 comes to mind first
Baldur's Gate remake
Rise of Flight updates and continued support (new planes and campaigns)
C&C Generals looks promising
Skyrim DLC

Guild Wars 2. (pre purchased)
Very curious about Tomb raider. (reboot)
Interested in X-Com Enemy Unknown. (remake)
Likely Bioshock Infinite.
Maybe Fortnite.
Puzzled about Max Payne 3.

curious about Tomb raider. (reboot)

Yup, the material around this title has been intriguing. Worth keeping an eye on, and I haven't played a TR since the original.
Ravensdale? World of Darkness, Secret World, Age of Wulin and Infinity? Prey 2, X Rebirth and Legends of Pegasus?
Dark horses all, but damn, PC gaming has more to offer than I can consume.

Well this is frustrating..
I'm about 150 hours into Skyrim and I'm starting to think about endind the main quest, but I still have The Witcher 2, Mass Effect 3 and Arkham City in the "pipeline" for single player, while I'm hoping to get some company to play Serious Sam: BFE, not counting with some Civ V playthroughs with the girlfriend.

I'm also counting on getting a new subnotebook this year, where I hope a decently priced Trinity ULV will let me take advantage of loose hours to enjoy some of the games I purchased and left behind like Sonic Generations, Mafia II and Stalker: Call of Pripyat.

Damn you Steam Holiday Sales and your ridiculously priced bundles... you're making me buy games that I don't have the time to play...
Of course the time I've spent playing Skyrim would be enough to play all of the above... so damn you too, Bethesda, for taking my soul.

So I'm not so sure if I'll actually have the time to look forward to something throughout this year..

Should a new Dragon Age come out, I'm sure to drop anything I'm playing at the time to play that instead.

Screamer 4x4 remake? :D (and good one for that)

TBH though I have so many games on my Steam I need to even start playing that I did not look at any new and upcoming game releases in a long while ...

Well this is frustrating..
I'm about 150 hours into Skyrim and I'm starting to think about endind the main quest, ...

Jesus, what are people doing in that game? At about 130 hours (which is perfectly fine with me) I had done just about everything. All guilds, all Daedric quests, dozens and dozens of regular quests, civil war quest line, main quest and a whole bunch of the largely pointless regenerating radiant quests. I'm also just about unstoppable at this point.

Then I hear about people who sunk 400+ hours into a single character.

Anyway, looking forward to

Assassin's Creed 3
RE6
Dragon's Dogma
Gravity Rush
DmC
Tomb Raider
The Last of Us
Darksiders 2
Bioshock Infinite
Risen 2 (though judging by the publisher's refusal to send us any sort of preview builds, my gut tells me it's not going to end up as something that's actually worth getting too excited about.)

Back