Crysis 3

I disagree with this review. Actually I disagree with a single point I'm gonna rip out of context while ignoring all the other complaints. I'm obviously an expert on the game because I've been looking at a lot of screen-shots quite intensely. The review is shite. Ubisoft must've paid off Kotaku to give an EA game a sub-par score. It's also about time I question the reviewer's sexual orientation.

has someone found a workaround to get it running on DX10 cards yet?
Somehow, I still don't feel the urge to play it, have no idea why? considering I am a Crytek fan, its just weird...

I'm playing it - it does look that good, to the extent it's taxing my mildly overclocked 5850.

Gameplay is pretty good if familiar, but they really shouldn't have laboured the plot so much. The writing isn't worth putting that much effort into. I don't know how far in I am, but I can certainly imagine shooting through more than once.

The best bits are as always, the open areas where you're left to find your own way through.

And they've removed the visor's stupid HERE IS A SLIDE function, so yay :)

After the disappointment of Crysis 2, I'm a bit wary of buying into this one at full price. Might go play some heavily modded Crysis1 to appease my itchy purchasing finger... :)

I'll get it when it's sub-$20 on Steam. It's very rare I'll pay full price for a game at release. Skyrim was one such game of course.

Switched to very igh settings. Game looks so outstanding...wow! Very High really pushes some new effects compared to High and is fully worth it. Best looking game without a doubt. Can't believe watching my Panasonic TV...best thing on top: game plays great as well. A looker which makes so much fun to play...well done Crytek. I also forgive you the cheap ass (seems to be) 5h length of the campaign...

Tell me about the campaign. What is going on in Crysis universe this time and how corridor like is the play.

does crysis 3 still support "fake 3d" like in crysis 2?

its the 3d mode that make things looks 3d but did not have 2x performance drop.

EDIT:
does it even works (in comfortable frame rate) on my pathetic Radeon HD 47770 DX10 graphic card? from what i see and read everywhere, Crysis 3 kills performance easily :(

EDIT2:
ugh my GPU is lower than the minimum spec
NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450 or AMD/ATi Radeon HD 5770

EDIT3:
Awesome! My PC that more powerful than my LAPTOP wont be able to run Crysis 3 http://www.mycrysis.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=65&t=59524&sid=815415e05bcae33f448e3018bae1b75a

ugh...

playing Crysis 3 on my DX11 Radeon M HD5730 laptop will be a nightmare.

EDIT4:
is there an app or mod or patch to force the game to run on DX10?

like those many years ago where there an app to "fake" directx feature allowing game that need T&L or need PS 2.0 works on older cards.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can someone remind me again how Prophet is the character played. I remember him at the very end of Crysis 2, but what actually happened there? What happened to Alcatraz at the end, did Prophet remains in the suit took over or what?

spoiler about prophet guy on Crysis 2
prophet is the crysis guy that died in the early Crysis 2 and changed into an AI inside the nanosuite?

prophet is the

Might wanna put that in spolier tags ;)

Regarding the DX11 requirement, I persoanlly think it's great. I've not played the single player yet but from the reports in this thread it sounds like it's worth the legacy sacrafice. It's about time PC games started pushing forward onto moderns technologys, hell we're only about 9 months away from the next generation consoles launch when DX11 will pretty much become mandatory.

i edited to to spoilered it :D

i've been looking the worst case step i need to take (buying directx11 gpu) and all of them still expensive. The cheap one is nvidie 460 but its hot, power hungry, and very big (cant fit inside my PC).

hopefully someone able to force C3 to run on DX10, even if with broken things. Glad i have not clicked BUY on the origin :D

EDIT:

about DIRECTX 11 and 10.
long time ago there "emulator" like this http://www.tommti-systems.de/go.html?http://www.tommti-systems.de/main-Dateien/files.html is there anything like that for DX10 GPU?

i;ve been googling and cant found it :(

Just save your money for a GTX 660. It's a small card with excellent performance and power usage. I wouldn't bother with Fermi stuff anymore, especially 1GB cards. Crysis 3 will wait.

Just save your money for a GTX 660. It's a small card with excellent performance and power usage. I wouldn't bother with Fermi stuff anymore, especially 1GB cards. Crysis 3 will wait.

Either that or a 7850. Roughly the same performance and power consumption.

One thing I'm wondering is that with both of the next gen consoles rumored to feature GCN cores, whether that means we'll see multi-platform games taking better advantage of video cards featuring GCN.

Without having to worry about any other graphics architectures on consoles, it's quite possible that multi-platform games will be tailored to take advantage of AMD graphics features as well as the compute capabilities of GCN.

Regards,
SB

Back