Crysis 3

Well, his conscience/memories are "still around" on Alcatraz but not Prophet himself.

Prophet completely took over at the end. They will probably make up something about the suit reforging the remains of Alcatraz into a new Prophet body.

Alcatraz has been dead since prophet first put the suit on him. His body is just meat for the suit. So in the end it's probably more Prophet than Alcatraz as the suit had more time to assimilate Prophet's psyche.

All, IMO, of course. :)

Regards,
SB

Prophet completely took over at the end. They will probably make up something about the suit reforging the remains of Alcatraz into a new Prophet body.

That's canon? Crap. Alcatraz being forever damned to wear the suit to not die and having the memory of the previous suit owner was the few interesting bits the game had to offer story-wise. It also undermines Prophet's sacrifice, which turns out to be no sacrifice at all. In fact, you could say Prophet simply used Alcatraz to survive, not to save the world. If Alcatraz died and is just en empty vessel for Prophet... blah.

That's canon? Crap. Alcatraz being forever damned to wear the suit to not die and having the memory of the previous suit owner was the few interesting bits the game had to offer story-wise. It also undermines Prophet's sacrifice, which turns out to be no sacrifice at all. In fact, you could say Prophet simply used Alcatraz to survive, not to save the world. If Alcatraz died and is just en empty vessel for Prophet... blah.

I view it more as...

Prophet actually did think he was saving Alcatraz's life because he (Prophet) was basically a goner and wouldn't be able to do what was necessary. And while the suit couldn't save him from the infection, it did have amazing healing and regenerative abilties. So perhaps it could revive an uninfected mortally wounded human.

So basically, IMO, both Prophet and Alcatraz are dead. But Prophets memories and psyche live on in the suit. Whether it's actually Prophet or not, that's the tricky part.

As for the suit. It could be more than expected. Either in a good or bad way. Then again, I'm not sure how much of that will be explored in the game. Is the suit itself sentient? Is it just operating within its design parameter's? Perhaps Prophet's psyche is bleeding into the suit and altering what it was programmed to do? Perhaps Prophet's psyche will be at war with the suit itself. Or perhaps there's a synergy and everything works out in a straightforward way?

Of course, there's always the chance that there's some bit of Alcatraz left. But I find that doubtful as they went out of their way to not give Alcatraz a voice in just about any way in Crysis 2. Thus enhancing the view that Alcatraz is deceased and it's just his body in the suit. He never acknowledges that he is Alcatraz and he never denies that he is Prophet.

Regards,
SB

Alcatraz being forever damned to wear the suit to not die and having the memory of the previous suit owner was the few interesting bits the game had to offer story-wise. It also undermines Prophet's sacrifice, which turns out to be no sacrifice at all.
The game doesn't say outright that Alcatraz dies when he goes into the suit. If anything, it suggests just the opposite since we have the suit's voice (well, Prophet's, but we don't know that from the start) guiding the player along. Prophet wouldn't need to be talking to himself...

(Except players might not have played any Cryses games before, and thus not be aware of suit mechanics and such, but let's ignore that while discussing game lore I say. :))

Also, I doubt Prophet would know the suit could regenerate him at the time he blew his own head off. That was probably just a really unexpected development on everyone's part, except maybe for Hargreave, and he's alreadyt toast (or so we assume anyway.)

As for the suit. It could be more than expected. Either in a good or bad way. Then again, I'm not sure how much of that will be explored in the game.
Considering how they just abandoned almost everything that happened in the first two games and only refer to it in passing, I'm not sure how much we can expect of Crytek either. They've not shown themselves to be strong in their ability to caretake their own continuity.

bw8kG.png

That trailer was a bit of a let down. Simply because its looking like level scale is closer to Crysis 2 than Crysis.

Also the whole swampy, cool art study colours kinda made me miss the bright island imagery of C1.

(but i guess its expected since they are staying in NYC...so far)

I was really let down with Crysis 2 and the story line. I really enjoyed the first game and Warhead, but it seems to me that they really ventured way off the beaten path with C2.

The only real disappointment for me with C2 story is that Crytek did not develop the ending of the original Crysis, and just left it all hanging. I can only guess that Crytek was so sick and tired of jungle environments by then that they'd faced a full-scale mutiny and riots inside the company if they'd started another such game. :D

Remembering that they had worked on jungle games ever since around the time of the original Geforce launch (Farcry prototype was a squad-based dinosaur shooter as I recall), I can understand if they desired a change in environs... Heck, we don't even get a level set in Central Park in C2... :D

Hm, for me C2 was good! Only minor complaint i have was the enemy ai: those bastards could spot you and start shooting everywhere... from a mile away! Oh, and I agree that the enemy design of those standard tentacle bobs is ridiculous (but the bigger guys are ok imo).

Just bring C3 on, please make again such a long campaign (kind of great considering the trend to those short 8 hours sp campaign games) and push the engine further!

Hmm I just finished Crysis 2 and I don't understand why the 3rd is still in New York? It seemed like that place was taken care of already, and that other places should be next. Feels a bit lame decision on their part.

Asset reuse would be the primary reason, but I'm sure the marketing department had the bright idea that it'd be better to go with a higher number instead of a subtitle to avoid looking like an expansion pack even though it might just be one (like Crysis: Warhead). :p

Maybe they'll pull a "modern warfare" rename for Crysis 4. *cough*

Yep, but I think they should have thought about that when they wrote Crysis 2. The ending in it is too conclusive to bring New York back imo. Well I guess they can come up with some lame excuse for it.

Well it's not that big of a deal, but I would have rather seen it being somewhere else.

I read something about them turning NY into a Biodome.

I will buy this if Pauly Shore makes a cameo.

Back