Crysis 3

fellix

Veteran
Crysis 3 surfaces on EA store
The product page for Crysis 3 shows a Nanosuit-wearing soldier wielding what appears to be an advanced bow-and-arrow set. The character stands in front of a city environment, hinting that the third entry will return to the urban setting of Crysis 2, instead of the original game's tropical locale.

[UPDATE] An EA representative told GameSpot to expect more details on Crysis 3 on April 16.

"The best kept secret in shooters just can't be contained," reads a line from the statement. "Stay tuned for more information on April 16."
:oops:

Why not? The Madden business model works really well for CoD. Crysis 2012 :p

For shame, I never played Crysis 2, and it isn't very likely that I ever will since it's Origin exclusive now. And I assume this will be as well :(

I'm not just being a little bitch either, Origin was really screwing with my machine until I figured out it was trawling my HDD constantly looking for pronz or god knows what. After I disabled that (Origin) everything is back to normal.

Yeah, I'm a bit sad that I'll likely never get to play Crysis 3. Ah well. Maybe I'll get lucky and EA and Steam will work out their differences.

Regards,
SB

Crysis 2 is an ok game. It depends on how much you like your sci-fi corridor shooters with spectacular AAA production values. I got pretty far but lost interest.

Somehow Crysis 2 is good. I like that the campaign is very long. Nowadays, this is a super plus imo. Graphics on PC were spectacular. But, gameplay is rather limited...the longer the game last, the simple playstyle I use: just use sniper and camo...before shooting turn off camo - shoot - turn camo on...like god mode.

Hope Crysis 3 is more dense, more memorable action scenes. But I know that I will buy it.

I thought C2 was really good, for the most part. It was a big step forward in quite a few regards (like the more streamlined suit management), and a step back in a few others (such as no proning for example.)

Really looking forward to C3, except it'll be stuffed with Origin out the wazoo of course so I won't be able to buy it. EA fucking sucks.

The screens on facebook look exactly like the Newyork in C2. Not much foliage change from the first pics, atleast. They should have shown in like nature has taken over the urban jungle...

I haven't seen any pics, but takes time for nature to penetrate concrete and asphalt... Unless C3 takes place like 20-30 years after C2 (think Pripyat here), there won't be much in the way of immediate differences.

I like how bizarre it sounds. The addition of a bow makes me think there will be animals.

Screenshots are here!

Crysis3_screens_3_1334588724.png

Crysis3_screens_2_1334588630.png

Source

No, the ending of Crysis 2 makes it clear Prophet was still around. Despite renovating his head with a .45 calibre cleaner.

Well, his conscience/memories are "still around" on Alcatraz but not Prophet himself.

Not due out till 2013, but EA are hyping it now? Way to build up unrealistic expectations. Still, I'm glad they are intending to move back towards more open environments.

They probably planned to announce it during E3, but since the game got leaked I guess they didn't have other choice.

It's said that the lame, textual Wii U announcement made over a year ago was also because some journalist got access to some info so they decided to cockblock his/her scoop by announcing it earlier.

Back