Crytek Presents: CRYSIS 3 [PS3, 360]

They look about the same, I still cant understand why people rave about this game, sure on the PC it may be right up there graphically, but on consoles I wouldnt even place it in the top10

They look about the same, I still cant understand why people rave about this game, sure on the PC it may be right up there graphically, but on consoles I wouldnt even place it in the top10

I agree, these comparisons while nice for curiosity sake are really boiling down to, "which looks marginally worse?". This engine is just one console generation too early imo (at least for the content they are using it for). Engine feature checklist is nice but if it looks like this in the end....

I am sure when the PS4 and Xbox whatever roll out it will be a much better match for its capabilities.

The jaggies on the tree I don't think has to do with the lower res, it seems a sort of artifact for some lower precisition effect for the light or transparancies on ps3, I can't be more precise, I'm not exactly an expret but the slight muddy aspect of ps3 suggest will have the same difference in res of the prequel.

Mmm but there:
360_018.jpg.jpg

PS3_018.jpg.jpg

to be honest this time ps3 resolution seems a bit better but I could wrong.

Maybe I'm mistaken but it sounds like your post contradicts itself? It looks like you go from saying the jaggies are due to lower precision lighting, then say the slightly muddy aspect suggests the same resolution difference as the prequel, but then you go on to say you think the PS3's resolution is better this time. :?:

Maybe I'm mistaken but it sounds like your post contradicts itself? It looks like you go from saying the jaggies are due to lower precision lighting, then say the slightly muddy aspect suggests the same resolution difference as the prequel, but then you go on to say you think the PS3's resolution is better this time. :?:
Looking the past comparison of ps3/360 version, ps3 seems more muddy compared crysis 3 beta in the same console. I don't say it's the same res of 360 but it seems slighty higher of cryisis 2. Obviously it's just my impression.

Can you explain me the joke, I'm missing the point of this post :???: Oh never mind, I have seen now in the previews page; this stupid console war will never stopped even at the end of the generation.

Just poking fun at no one in particular. :p No one is saying the latter anymore, and the whole parallel development of the PPE & XeCores @ IBM was just a neat thing to hear about in Takahashi's book.

Just poking fun at no one in particular. :p No one is saying the latter anymore, and the whole parallel development of the PPE & XeCores @ IBM was just a neat thing to hear about in Takahashi's book.

Don't worry, I'm just talking in general, I don't tried to blame anyone, to be honest.

Played the first two levels yesterday at a friend...the difference in visual quality between the MP beta and the Campaign is HUGE, the amount of foliage is breathtaking, the awesome motion blur of Crysis 2 is in, the IQ is definitely sharper with less blur than the beta and more (thank god) AF, better textures and less pop up.

The game on the second level with all this great moving massive foliage and beautiful lighting is a sight to behold...game looks completely amazing.

Of course all this comes with a cost which is the frame-rate, surprisingly the first level of the game run worse than the foliage-heavy second mission, the disappointing thing is that while the game runs at a steady 30fps when there's no enemies around when a firefight begins the frame-rate turns to shit...if you kill all the enemies the frame-rate is back to steady 30fps, same thing happened in a lot of places in Crysis 2 and it's quite disappointing to see this problem (AI routines dragging down the performance I presume?) rear it's ugly face again.

All in all the game is the best looking game on the consoles right now but the frame-rate is sub-30fps in most firefights which is a big problem IMO. :(

It doesn't matter much when Crytek can't be arsed to worry about optimizing performance, much more important than the visuals

the art looks a lot better now then the previous crysis.
i hope my pc still able to run it in decent quality.

i cant play it on Xbox due to no KB+M support (i cant play but it will be frustrating).

Back