Using ipad as an external drive

I believe Apple in their infinite wisdom have decided to not support USB storage functionality on their iThing devices. Fucksake, you can't even access your own photos without using that shitty piece of crap iTunes...

I believe your friend is out of luck, but I could of course be wrong; I don't own an iPad. It doesn't work with my iPhone anyway.

My friend wants to use an ipad to transfer 20gb of files from 1 pc to another can it be done ?

What I'd like to ask is why he doesn't even have a spare flash drive laying around for this purpose? A 16GB flash drive is what? $15?:LOL:

Don't blame the iPad because you're just too fucking stupid or poor...:LOL:

Welll personally I'd rather blame the iPad, because there's zero reason not to support it.

Edit:
Off probation and you start off by unprovokedly insulting someone? WTG pally, lol! :LOL:

What I'd like to ask is why he doesn't even have a spare flash drive laying around for this purpose? A 16GB flash drive is what? $15?:LOL:

Don't blame the iPad because you're just too fucking stupid or poor...:LOL:
you are an idiot :LOL:
yes this used to able to be done on a iphone/ipod (not sure about an ipad) but apple decided 'they know best'

Welll personally I'd rather blame the iPad, because there's zero reason not to support it.

Edit:
Off probation and you start off by unprovokedly insulting someone? WTG pally, lol! :LOL:

Off probation? I was never on probation...come to think of it whatever happened to that Guden something member? :LOL:

BTW I never insulted Davros...I was insulting his stupid "friend"...

Also warranties and tech support cost money, why should Apple pay for that if some dipshit uses his iPad as a tool to service his PCs and somehow messes up the iPad? If you wannabe a PC tech get some proper tools. Any person who does any kind of PC service who doesn't have a flash drive is beyond stupid

Off probation? I was never on probation
Yeah true, you were a Naughty Boy; I just wanted to be diplomatic. In a hurry to become one again? :p

...come to think of it whatever happened to that Guden something member? :LOL:
Nothing in particular, why do you ask?

BTW I never insulted Davros...I was insulting his stupid "friend"...
I didn't accuse you of insulting Davros. ;)

Also warranties and tech support cost money, why should Apple pay for that if some dipshit uses his iPad as a tool to service his PCs and somehow messes up the iPad?
Why would it mess up the iPad if the OS sandboxes space for a USB drive? Several of my dumb feature phones including Sony Ericsson and Nokia have supported it, with absolutely zero ill effect, and I'm sure Android does as well. This is just Apple being its usual stupid self, making artificial limitations without cause or reason.

Any person who does any kind of PC service who doesn't have a flash drive is beyond stupid
Jesus. Way to go overboard...

Fucksake, you can't even access your own photos without using that shitty piece of crap iTunes...

What on earth are you talking about? I'm currently looking/copying the photos on my wife's phone onto my laptop using USB and the standard windows folder interface.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm... Weird, but my iPhone doesn't appear in Finder at all on my Mac. If I don't use iTunes, I can't access my photos at all, period. :(

I restrict myself to connecting it to the Mac because iTunes synching gets so friggin' wonky if you synch from more than one computer, and besides, Apple software never really works 100% under windows in my experience.

I think you can use iPhoto to access PTP cameras (which iPhone and iPad act as one).

Hmmm... Weird, but my iPhone doesn't appear in Finder at all on my Mac. If I don't use iTunes, I can't access my photos at all, period.
yes that is correct, you have less restriction with an iphone under win/linux than on a mac

Back