Kid Icarus Uprising

sfried

Regular
Has anybody else hear played it? There have been mostly positive reviews, but all I've heard from critics are people complaining about an unfamiliar control scheme which really isn't a problem. The game itself is pretty great with some really nice variety and a rather surprising story. It's pretty impressive how a game from a dead franchise could have production values like this, and a terrific score. The music has to be some of the best for this year, and I'm talking about orchestral tracks mixed with rock and some other stuff. Quite varied and all memorable.

Might even be a contender for GOTY. It's just that good.

Has anybody else hear played it? There have been mostly positive reviews, but all I've heard from critics are people complaining about an unfamiliar control scheme which really isn't a problem. The game itself is pretty great with some really nice variety and a rather surprising story. It's pretty impressive how a game from a dead franchise could have production values like this, and a terrific score. The music has to be some of the best for this year, and I'm talking about orchestral tracks mixed with rock and some other stuff. Quite varied and all memorable.

Might even be a contender for GOTY. It's just that good.

My son loves it and he usually hates online gaming.

I just hate the controls, or rather how uncomfortable the game is to play. As if the 3ds wasn't uncomfortable enough to hold as it is. It's okay for a couple of minutes, but any longer than that and it becomes a bit painful.
Seriously, if you package a stand with each and every copy of your HANDHELD game in order to make the whole ordeal somewhat bearable, chances are your control scheme wasn't a very good idea.
Shame really because the game is incredibly charming.

Got to love a portable game that literally requires a table to play... Any other company would be getting crucified for such a mess.

I just hate the controls, or rather how uncomfortable the game is to play. As if the 3ds wasn't uncomfortable enough to hold as it is. It's okay for a couple of minutes, but any longer than that and it becomes a bit painful.
Seriously, if you package a stand with each and every copy of your HANDHELD game in order to make the whole ordeal somewhat bearable, chances are your control scheme wasn't a very good idea.
Shame really because the game is incredibly charming.
I find a lot of these complaints kind of unfouned having finished the game myself. I never used the stand as I actually found it uncomfortable to play with it so I simply rest my right hand palms on the corner. Also there is an options menu which allows you to tweak the sensitivity and cursor inertia, which I usually set to high.
Got to love a portable game that literally requires a table to play... Any other company would be getting crucified for such a mess.
So you're here just to troll. Fine. It's too bad people here just believe the critics and never give this game a chance.

The game itself is really packed. I myself like returning to certain chapters because of how different many of them are, and that's saying a lot from a game which follows the basic structure of air/land/boss battles.

If there was no merit to the complaints they would not have gone to the extraordinary lengths of packing in the stand with every single copy. I'm sure its a good game, it's too bad is saddled with such a disastrous control scheme.

If there was no merit to the complaints they would not have gone to the extraordinary lengths of packing in the stand with every single copy. I'm sure its a good game, it's too bad is saddled with such a disastrous control scheme.
To only point out the stand and the controls as the defining feature of the game would be faulty logic. Also to say the game's control scheme is "disastrous" would be wrong: it works wonderfully once it clicks. Too many people are just used to dual-analog controls, and the game requires you to learn an entirely new control scheme to take full advantage of its frentic action.

As to why they need to pack it in, they could've easily sold the game without the stand and also without the AR cards. I myself never use the stand to play. In fact I find it more comfortable just resting my palm on the corner of the 3DS.

It did get a 9/10 from Eurogamer and saw some pretty good reviews across the board. So I'd agree someone might be overstating things a bit.

What ?!?! This game requires a stand to play ...... :LOL: on a por-'table' device ! looks like they took the 'table' more seriously than 'por' ....teehee ! I mean where will I place my stand in a train or a bus ?
I want to see a video of this , man. Wonder how the world would have exploded if Sony would have done this .. ;) !

Back