Amiga 1200 meets a 65" plasma. Stunt Car Racer videos...

The playing area is so small because at this time, the Amiga graphics hardware was embarrassingly slow (due to Commodore ineptitude and unwillingness to sink any significant money into R&D), and the clunky requirement to do a chunky-to-planar conversion on pixels before display. Main CPUs were typically not that awesome either; once we got into the Pentium era Intel started whooping up on Motorola 68k CPUs quite badly.

HAM8 was interesting; apparantly, if you picked your base palette carefully and sacrificed a few pixel columns on the left-hand side of the screen you could achieve a true or basically true 252 or whatever thousand color (full AGA palette) display at any pixel, using only 8 bits per pixel. I never owned an AGA-equipped Amiga so I never got to check any of that stuff out. Pretty stupid of me, I loved the general design of the A1200. It was a nice, compact computer with decent enough oomph considering the lightweight nature of the Kickstart OS, especially if you slotted in a turbo board.

Runs a lot faster on my amiga. Also, the sequel has a full screen mode. Stay tuned, will make videos once I get out of this 60 hours a week work schedule overtime weekends stuff. (need to fund this hardware madness too)

Runs a lot faster on my amiga. Also, the sequel has a full screen mode. Stay tuned, will make videos once I get out of this 60 hours a week work schedule overtime weekends stuff. (need to fund this hardware madness too)

Exactly, was fluid on 030/50MHz but I've linked 'AlienBreed3D I' youtube video by mistake and not 'AlienBreed 3D II TKG' which had much better graphics and supported full screen.

Here it is :D

Ooh, didn´t know there was a map :)

Anyways, uploading... my video will be up in 75 minutes from posting of this message.

I play through first level of AB3d1 and then I start AB3d2 but I get totally lost in the first level there.

Just the secondary tv for now, however.

edit: upload failed, retrying...

Here:

Exactly, was fluid on 030/50MHz but I've linked 'AlienBreed3D I' youtube video by mistake and not 'AlienBreed 3D II TKG' which had much better graphics and supported full screen.

Here it is :D

Looks neat, but any way to cut the choppiness if I emulate it?

Because that causes some serious eye pain for me.

wow. I had downloaded Stunt car racer for the PC and the sound was hopelessly bad. they used ad lib sound maybe.
now there's a nice video of the proper version. thanks :)

Back