Phil Harrison to lead MS Game Studios in Europe

If Kuturagi joined MS, with his crazy schemes and MS' deep pockets, he would develop a console to end all others. One which is powered by strange fire and when turned on, would split the space-time continuum and translate the mind and consciousness of it's hosts into the para-meta-physical world of celestial god-hood....

... then would the universe retreat unto the singularity preceding the big bang, and the gods would sing the song to end all existance

*cowers in the corner shivering in terror*
:nope::no::nope::no::nope::no:

*head explodes*
Its RahXephon all over again!

Outside of Peter Moore, Phil has been the only figure head I actually liked. Others like Kaz, Tretton, Reggie, and especially Don have never been able to speak to the public the same way IMO. Of course this doesn't say anything about how well they do their job, I just hope we'll see more of Phil at the E3 press conference and less of Don now. :p

This is a confusing move. Phil got out of Sony because he felt frustrated that they wouldn't listen to his ideas of the grand future. He went to Atari and didn't do anything with his grand vision. He went to Gaikai and hasn't really changed things. So what's he gonna do at MS? Give up and just run a conventional console service again?

Maybe he had signed a non-compete with Sony and was just waiting it out?

I´m predicting very bad things for Xbox Next if you dont like casual stuff

MS has been very conservative what they publish. Basically only commercial hits. If a new hardcore IP does not sell 5M+ it will never get a next game..

I think MS recently dedicated $300 million to core games, so hopefully we see some thing things.

Pretty likely. It's Peter who pushed for the Kinect version as far as the rumor goes. :)

Peter said it himself, that's no rumor. :p

I wouldn't expect to see Phil at any other press-conference than those in Europe though. Would be pretty weird to see him in a major role at E3 ... but you never know of course.

I personally don't really like anyone all that much at E3. I think it is a dumb idea to have such a presentation be done by CEO/Management types. The best background you could possibly have for these things is be a professional trainer/presenter. ;)

Why not ? I think MS will parade him in front of the audience due to his great presentation skills and imagination. ^_^

He can certainly put together a concept for next gen games, like what he did in his Game 3.0 speech. Sony doesn't have anyone like that now. Based on Shuhei's tweets (e.g., food, article references/retweets, ...), I just don't think he's the visionary type. Neither is Andrew House, Tretton, Kaz or Jim Ryan.

Plus Phil knows the EU market. MS will want to focus more on EU next gen.

Look who gives respect to Phil..

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2012-03-13-jenova-chen-we-were-lucky

"When we pitched Flower I didn't really know what the game was," he admitted with a smile. "I just said 'hey, we want to make a game that is about feeling of being in love to others.' Sony's publisher side was actually crazy enough to sign that."

"I think it was also because at the time Phil Harrison was the president and he was really trying to push for innovation because Microsoft had the lead.

And the 3 game deal is done with journey, Phil might be looking for a quick deal.. Sony better get the money hats readu

Doubtful thatgamecompany would sign an exclusive deal with Microsoft. They'll go multiplatform or they'll stay with Sony. Xbla's publishing requirements may lead to them self publishing just on PS3 and Steam.

In return, would be funny if Sony hire J Allard, think he left MS too after MS banned his concept for the dual screen tablet thing right? Sony still got some great game developers like ND that cares about social networking, think someone asked ND what they want to see for next gen hardwares, they said better social networking or something.

Back