News & Rumors: Xbox One (codename Durango)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else having this issue with the kinectless X1? This is exactly what my X1 does (and apparently many others as well) and why I always think that the X1 is loud as hell in comparison to PS4: http://youtu.be/YrP-nwdZL9U
MS Finland said its a known problem occured in some manufacturing batch. Coils or capacitors being changed maybe. MSFinland replaces devices for new or refurbished. Some people have had multiple replacements at the shop but same problem, so isolated mfg batch sounds about right.

The console does not need to be running full power to clear this noise.
I tested it, and even on dashboard when doing certain actions the noise disappears and the console doesn't even draw 50W.
Although there are some units that make a very high pitch noise, due to coil whine.

Doesn't quoting vgchartz make you go to hell? I made that mistake once :yep2:
I'd say that the page isn't vgchartz, but I realise that they use VGchartz data. It might be indicative of Halo Master Chief Collection being close to release date, autumn/winter coming... No promises that those numbers are correct though.

Couldn't find the media player thread so I figured I would dump this in here for those who care. I'm personally so excited for this, but the Plex app for Xbox One has been submitted for testing. Via wpcentral, via reddit, yada, yada...

EA6AtOr.jpg

Couldn't find the media player thread so I figured I would dump this in here for those who care. I'm personally so excited for this, but the Plex app for Xbox One has been submitted for testing. Via wpcentral, via reddit, yada, yada...

EA6AtOr.jpg

So damn sweet!

I have heard about this issue but only since they launched in more places.
I have used my launch X1 with and without Kinect and have never heard it make much noise at all.

Same here.

Although I do have a slightly noisy fan. You know, one you can tell is knocked off center or something and makes a bit of a whirring noise. It's not too bad but slightly noticeable in like a silent room.

I probably intend to send it back to MS at some point, even though it's really not bad, and 99% of people wouldn't care. Overall I spent in theory almost $600 on the thing and two years of Live, I expect a perfect console for that price. Kind of annoying to put MS through all that trouble for a $2 fan. Plus, I did the same on a 360 once (I guess I'm just picky) and it's kind of difficult. At least for 360, they make you pick a specific category of what you're sending it back for on the website, and there's nothing about loud fan, and I dont think "other" is a thing either. So it's kind of tricky to get them to understand what's wrong, especially when it's only a mild issue.

So damn sweet!

All the fun of the Xone media stuff was nerfed cause I got Plex app on my oldass $59 Roku a few months ago. It does everything I need. Before I discovered PLex, I would have been absolutely thrilled with what a great media box XOne is shaping up to be.

I'll probably use the Xbox One version just so I dont have to switch HDMI as much or whatever, but it wont make a material difference.

How do you live with that Roku Plex App UI? Gross. LOL.

I've been running a XBMC powered "Aeon Nox" skinned HTPC for a while but would love to dump it in favor of a Plex app that looks like that on my X1 which is so much quieter. Here's hoping that it runs good. My libraries are fairly large (ie. > 1400 movies and > 100 TV shows) and run like crap on Roku's, AppleTV, etc. Hence the brawn I have brought to bear up to this point. We'll see. Hopefully not too much longer.

The media player preview app that's already out will actually play a lot of that content, the only exception being stuff with DTS audio tracks, and because Plex is the DNLA server, thumbs are presented and content categorized nicely. So if you don't care about UI, meta-data, resume, filter, and search capabilities you might give that a go now.

How do you live with that Roku Plex App UI? Gross. LOL.

I've been running a XBMC powered "Aeon Nox" skinned HTPC for a while but would love to dump it in favor of a Plex app that looks like that on my X1 which is so much quieter. Here's hoping that it runs good. My libraries are fairly large (ie. > 1400 movies and > 100 TV shows) and run like crap on Roku's, AppleTV, etc. Hence the brawn I have brought to bear up to this point. We'll see. Hopefully not too much longer.

The media player preview app that's already out will actually play a lot of that content, the only exception being stuff with DTS audio tracks, and because Plex is the DNLA server, thumbs are presented and content categorized nicely. So if you don't care about UI, meta-data, resume, filter, and search capabilities you might give that a go now.

So how does that work? I'm using XBMC "Project Gotham" on my HTPC that is pulling from my Synology NAS and it works awesome. I prefer it to Plex, which I tried out first. Is there an XBMC app for the Xb0x? And, would the apps communicate to the HTPC? For example, if I were running Plex on my HTPC and the Plex app on the Xb0x would they both know which shows I've already watched? It would be cool if they did, but I'm not sure how that would even be possible.

For example, if I were running Plex on my HTPC and the Plex app on the Xb0x would they both know which shows I've already watched? It would be cool if they did, but I'm not sure how that would even be possible.

Logic says that is only a possibility if they are linked through a centralized database. If not, I would assume, like in xbmc, that Plex uses some local database (like sqlite) for its data and none of the device(s) would see the other. On XBMC this is pretty easy if you use the advanced settings to use an external 'centralized' database to link multiple devices to access the same library data.

If the HTPC is set up as DLNA server then use data from the clients can be stored. I use a central server running Serviio (DLNA) and it remembers things like currently watched programs on a particular client and stop/start points. I forget if it shares the stop/start points across clients.

If the HTPC is set up as DLNA server then use data from the clients can be stored. I use a central server running Serviio (DLNA) and it remembers things like currently watched programs on a particular client and stop/start points. I forget if it shares the stop/start points across clients.

Awesome! Thanks. I think there's a Serviio package for my Synology. It would be great if I could get it set-up so the HTPC, Xb0x (which I don't have), WDTV, etc.. all acknowledged which programs were already watched. Stop/start points would be an extra bonus, but usually, if I stop watching something in the middle, it's because I'm bored with it and rarely go back to it.

If MS can ever get the Xb0x down to a reasonable price, I'll report back if I can get everything working.

You just get invited. I got a random invite a few days ago.

I sent out some invites a week or two back to those who I was aware of and already on my follow list. I made it into the beta from an invite from Dave. Thanks!

Once you make it into the beta, you should have the ability to send out invites to your friends.

Sorry if I missed anyone.

I sent out some invites a week or two back to those who I was aware of and already on my follow list. I made it into the beta from an invite from Dave. Thanks!

Once you make it into the beta, you should have the ability to send out invites to your friends.

Sorry if I missed anyone.

Brit what's your XBL gamertag? I'm TrueBlakjedi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back