News & Rumors: Xbox One (codename Durango)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well if those are really what ppl want then I'ld say theyre pretty satisfied

Background image on the dashboard
Personalize Home Screen Background

next theyll be wanting colored faceplates for the consoles

July update...

• Snap Mode for Achievements. As we showed at our E3 Green Carpet event before the show, we’re offering an easier way to track and view your achievements in the moment. With Achievement Snap, you can track your achievement progress in real time without ever leaving the game. You can also ‘Get Help’ on any Achievements you’re struggling with. Xbox will scan the web for you and deliver relevant tips and strategy content right to your TV.
  • Double-tap to Snap. Double-tap the button on your controller to bring up Snap Center, where you can launch Achievements or any other snap-able app, without leaving your game. Already have an app snapped? Double-tap quickly switches between your game and the snapped app.
  • Choice of Spoken Language. Folks in New Zealand, Ireland and Austria, with this update in July, will be able to select voice control using the English or German voice models from other countries. And if you're an expat in an English-speaking country, you, too, can choose any of the other English language models that fit you.
  • Future Digital Bundles and Compilation Discs. We’re doing some work now so that publishers will have options for great digital bundle and disc compilation offerings in the future. As we test this feature, we’ll be seeing more flexible combinations of game titles and game content.
  • ‘Like’ Game DVR clips. We’re adding the ability to ‘Like’ all your favorite Game DVR clips as well as activity feed items in SmartGlass.

http://news.xbox.com/2014/06/xbox-one-july-update-preview

Tommy McClain

http://news.xbox.com/2014/06/xbox-one-xdk-qa

We have also optimized the entire system so that titles have access to 100% of the Xbox One GPU for increased resolution and graphical effects.

Developers can choose to disable Kinect depth and infrared sensing in different parts of their titles. The full Kinect experience including skeletal tracking is automatically re-enabled when the user switches back to Home (or other applications), even while in the middle of a game.

Platform level voice commands such as “Xbox On,” “Xbox, Record That,” and “Xbox, Go Home” will continue to work as they do today, as will any in-game speech commands or Snap mode. The Kinect (RGB color) camera will still continue to work, so your friends can watch you while you’re playing your favorite games. Snap mode for TV, Achievements and other features will continue to work.

So, as expected, the change should be pretty much transparent to the user. All of the system level stuff they'd expect to work while they're full-screen gaming will still work exactly the same way. If the game was not going to use those skeletal tracking features, you may as well free up those resources for the game. Probably should have worked like that in the first place.

I wonder if this is due to Google Glass not catching fire.
What do you mean by this? I'm not sure how a $1500 beta-testing product is supposed to set the world alight, and certainly wouldn't base my business strategies on the performance of some other company's crazy-expensive lifestyle product.

What do you mean by this? I'm not sure how a $1500 beta-testing product is supposed to set the world alight, and certainly wouldn't base my business strategies on the performance of some other company's crazy-expensive lifestyle product.
Maybe, not those glasses, but what about some jeans for AR?

Microsoft have invented the world's first ever wireless charging trousers.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/fun/new...soft-worn-by-george-lamb.html#~oHyY2NpwLYnTPS

tech-wireless-phone-charging-trousers-2.jpg

Microsoft: We have more money than we know what to do with :yep2:
Well, actually, that can be very useful, especially for certain jobs, like in wind farms, or when you are in isolated areas or need communication and battery... plus for industrial clothes.

I just hope that my Levis Strauss jeans don't begin to cost 10€ because of this 2 years from now though.

1. Epoxy an LG WCP-300 to a slim battery pack.
2. Put it in your pocket.
3. ???
4. PROFIT

Microsoft have invented the world's first ever wireless charging trousers.

I don't know how much this kinda of stuff will really matter anymore. My Nokia 1520 easily goes 2 days on one charge, I don't even bother charging it every night anymore because I know it will last anyways. Granted that's a 6" phone but with people rapidly gravitating to 5"+ phones it seems like all day battery life will be the norm soon, and even longer with newer hardware designs.

Sorry, is that literally just a battery in the trousers? Ergo, you have to charge the trousers? I assumed it was something like a kinetic energy recovery system using a bleeding-edge fabric, generating an electrical charge from ordinary movement. If it's just a battery in the trousers, WTF's the point? Buy a separate portable phone charger and use it with any trouser you own. Or no trousers at all. Bet they cost a stupid amount of money too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back