News & Rumors: Xbox One (codename Durango)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So they updated it with live tv ? last I had looked nothing would do it. Will it play my recorded drm'd content from cable companies ?

XBMC gotham (13.1) now has full built-in support for ServerWMC as well, which is a utility that sits on the HTPC and provides the backend livetv support. I switched to this on the weekend instead of WMC and it works great so far. It can't do DRM channels but then again nothing can apart from WMC. Thankfully the only copy-once channels on my Comcast is the actual pay channels like HBO etc. Some cable providers actually copy-once a lot of their channels.

I'm one step closer to not using WMC at all (since I don't really care that much about pay channels). Just trying to figure out how to serve my HDHomeRun device. My main HTPC has the Ceton but I use the HDHomeRun for all my other HTPC clients and do all my recording on the Ceton. I don't want to have to stream all live TV from the HTPC which I believe is what I'd have to do with ServerWMC/XBMC unless I run that same utility on each PC as well.

XBMC gotham (13.1) now has full built-in support for ServerWMC as well, which is a utility that sits on the HTPC and provides the backend livetv support. I switched to this on the weekend instead of WMC and it works great so far. It can't do DRM channels but then again nothing can apart from WMC. Thankfully the only copy-once channels on my Comcast is the actual pay channels like HBO etc. Some cable providers actually copy-once a lot of their channels.

I'm one step closer to not using WMC at all (since I don't really care that much about pay channels). Just trying to figure out how to serve my HDHomeRun device. My main HTPC has the Ceton but I use the HDHomeRun for all my other HTPC clients and do all my recording on the Ceton. I don't want to have to stream all live TV from the HTPC which I believe is what I'd have to do with ServerWMC/XBMC unless I run that same utility on each PC as well.

It's a shame ServerWMC can't do DRM channels. :(

I just switched over to MediaBrowser 3. Their Web interface into it is slick. The best feature I use is setting the Xbox One as the default "Play To" destination. I watched a MKV BluRay rip this way and it was pretty flawless.

I really wish SiliconDust would release the HDHR4 with transcoding to x.264 with CableCard support already. They've been dragging their feet on that hardware forever. Then all of us wouldn't need WMC at all, not even to record since you're not recording the exact raw stream. You'd just need a server software piece to schedule the x264 stream recording.

I did vote for WMC for Xbox One as well. The link is in my signature too. It's a real shame that Microsoft doesn't see the value in continuing on with WMC.

What do you think about E3 conference? I'm a Little bit disappointed, not megaton, but I'm happy because there are some 2014 games.

Unfortunately, it was completely lackluster, partly because of NTKRNL leaks but mostly because nothing much exciting was there. Only cool thing there, Ridley scott halo show, was glossed over.

It was a solid B, definitely the weakest show since OG xbox days.

Unfortunately, it was completely lackluster, partly because of NTKRNL leaks but mostly because nothing much exciting was there. Only cool thing there, Ridley scott halo show, was glossed over.

It was a solid B, definitely the weakest show since OG xbox days.

It was a very safe conference I think, the megatons at least for us were mostly known or speculated. I am sure for many it was a mega show, but so far none of the shows have me paying close attention. Partly because I think we will get better coverage of what was shown outside of the show, and once the demo impressions start to flow in tomorrow.

the current consoles are basicly twins much more so than last generation. I don't see any big drops this year from an team , we are like an hour into sony's and nothing big was announced so far either.

Maybe Nintendo will have some cool stuff looking into their 3rd year.

In comparison to the other major press conference, I'll have to rate MS's a perfect 10.

In comparison to the other major press conference, I'll have to rate MS's a perfect 10.

It was probably the least boring to be honest, I need to fully watch EA but somethings I look forward to seeing more of (ouch did I say that about EA?).

Microsoft want your feedback and suggestions on the Xbox One! They created a webpage just for that.

http://xbox.uservoice.com/

They are listening to the user and Phil Spencer's approach and style is becoming more and more obvious. He's got a way with users.

I wrote 4 suggestions already, I think at least one or two of them are pretty fine. :)

Microsoft want your feedback and suggestions on the Xbox One! They created a webpage just for that.

http://xbox.uservoice.com/

They are listening to the user and Phil Spencer's approach and style is becoming more and more obvious. He's got a way with users.

I wrote 4 suggestions already, I think at least one or two of them are pretty fine. :)

MS said they made this site because searching through forums for user wants is tedious, and also they believe most people only read forums rather than post to them...

I have to wonder though if the amount of people that will search out the Xbox user voice thing will be any more representative. If not less.

That said, seems like a good thing.

MS said they made this site because searching through forums for user wants is tedious, and also they believe most people only read forums rather than post to them...

I have to wonder though if the amount of people that will search out the Xbox user voice thing will be any more representative. If not less.

That said, seems like a good thing.
As of late, I've had that thought every time as I thought about voice commands and the like. It's been true, too, that once Kinect isn't mandatory the message is clear for people.

Still, one of my 5 suggestions had to do with that -not the one I considered the most brilliant I had to share, but still...-, although it's obviously not the most popular thing now, the experience could be fun for Kinect/non Kinect users alike.

On a different note, I wonder if this means that Xbox One is going to supports mods in the future.

1r5jk8.png

As of late, I've had that thought every time as I thought about voice commands and the like. It's been true, too, that once Kinect isn't mandatory the message is clear for people.

Still, one of my 5 suggestions had to do with that -not the one I considered the most brilliant I had to share, but still...-, although it's obviously not the most popular thing now, the experience could be fun for Kinect/non Kinect users alike.

On a different note, I wonder if this means that Xbox One is going to supports mods in the future.

1r5jk8.png

I guess they was talking about PC version.

Saw this on GAF, so far the top 20 wants on the new Xbox User Voice site

1. Pre-order/Pre-load digitally - 5,164 Votes
2. Backwards Compatibility with Xbox 360 - 4,479 Votes
3. Lower price of Digital Copies of Xbox One Titles - 3,304 Votes
4. "Low Battery" Notification for controllers. - 3,224 Votes
5. Xbox Music in Background - 2,395 Votes
6. Pre order bonuses for digital games - 2,344 Votes
7. Discount On Digital Games - 2,287 Votes
8. Background image on the dashboard - 2,005 Votes
9. Personalize Home Screen Background - 1,994 Votes
10. Cortana on xbox - 1,963 Votes
11. Reboot Banjo-Kazooie, Conker and Viva Pinata - 1,898 Votes
12. More Benefits purchasing DIGITAL over Retail Copy - 1,864
13. Free Movies With Gold - 1,828 Votes
14. Add an Upcomming Game Calendar App - 1,735 Votes
15. Better UI customization for users. - 1,729 Votes
16. Better integrated DLNA Support - 1,625 Votes
17. Mass delete recorded clips - 1,532 Votes
18. Description of Updates - 1,488 Votes
19. Bring back 1 vs. 100! - 1,487 Votes
20. Access to FULL XBOX STORE from smartglass - 1,460 Votes

Dont see anything too glaring there. Also several things seem to be just "give us more stuff for free/less". Which is a natural. Some sound interesting though.

It's interesting that #2 is backward compatibility with the 360 even though we know for a confirmed fact that No One Wants That (tm). Very strange.

It's interesting that several million XB1 owners bought their XB1 (and same for PS4 owners) without BC even though we know for a confirmed fact that No One Buys a Console Without BC.

There's a whole thread on BC and how it's valued but isn't the deciding factor to buy a next-gen console. Maybe you should read it to familiarise yourself with the actual, typical console gamers' POV?

It's interesting that several million XB1 owners bought their XB1 (and same for PS4 owners) without BC even though we know for a confirmed fact that No One Buys a Console Without BC.

There's a whole thread on BC and how it's valued but isn't the deciding factor to buy a next-gen console. Maybe you should read it to familiarise yourself with the actual, typical console gamers' POV?
Well people bought their consoles with lots of features missing anyways ;)

People buy what is available to them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back