News & Rumors: Xbox One (codename Durango)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like this, Microsoft is really doing good stuff with these updates.. awesome

Lack of external storage is without any doubt the weakness of ps3 and ps4. Do we know if the xb1 storage is on a usb3 port like the PS4 is?

These countries are getting One Guide: Canada, UK, France, Germany, Spain and Italy. Update also removes the app paywall.

Microsoft is killing it with the frequent software updates. It'll be interesting to see if they can keep it going. Seems like they've gotten close to covering the most requested features, or features promised from launch.

These countries are getting One Guide: Canada, UK, France, Germany, Spain and Italy. Update also removes the app paywall.

OneGuide for the UK is easy. Eastenders, Top Gear, Coronation Street, Top Gear, Downton Abbey, Top Gear. Basically every channel 24/7.

I don't think it's that clear cut. Sounds like they're doing concept designs, which could be long or short term.

They probably are at the early stages of the next Xbox. We know from Cerny's 50 min presentation at Gamelabs last year Sony started preliminary work on PS4, beginning with a post mortem of PS3, immediate after PS3 went on sale. Sony are probably doing the same.

PS3 allows everything bar games on external HDDs and PS4 allows you to export any captured media to be exported...so 'limited' is probably a better word.

I guess i should have said , "external storage for games" then, it still sucks though. Even on the old PS3 500GB ended up getting eating way to fast. Kudos to Microsoft for showing the way.

I don't think the PS3 let me use external storage for any content from PlayStation Store, games or media. I had a bunch of movies downloaded from Xbox Video on a 360 jump drive that I could take around which was "neat" at the time since my buddy had pretty lowly internet bandwidth then. Is "sneaker net" still a thing?

More storage than you would ever need. Now we just need some ssd tests.
What I'm really concerned about here is that games are like 7-8 larger in size than they were, maybe 16TB is enough, but not that unfathomable.

I don't know if I will ever have on the Xbox One as many games as I had on the X360, which rounded at somewhere around 200 in total, but I have 16 for now and the free space in my HD was like 57GB days ago, although I began to uninstall some of them.

Just had a message from Xbox.com. The June update will be going to early access participants in the next few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back