News & Rumors: Xbox One (codename Durango)

Status
Not open for further replies.
But, the reality is that it seems that most people used Kinect for the voice controls. Which is interesting because Chucklehead stated that very thing is the main reason they removed Kinect - because of voice localization and their inability to get those voice controls to work in other regions.
:???: Are you saying some regions are only going to get the Kinect-free version because MS couldn't get voice control working for them?

I am surprised MS is pushing these games, when they are so far off. It seemed last gen to me like Sony would typically show stuff way far out, and MS would be way more conservative there, and not show stuff until like 6-8 months from release.

So like I said, it's odd to me they're pimping H5, even a little, when it's fall 15. Perhaps another Phil Spencer policy change.

I am surprised MS is pushing these games, when they are so far off. It seemed last gen to me like Sony would typically show stuff way far out, and MS would be way more conservative there, and not show stuff until like 6-8 months from release.

So like I said, it's odd to me they're pimping H5, even a little, when it's fall 15. Perhaps another Phil Spencer policy change.

I think its Microsoft trying to control the news cycle between now and E3. Small bits of positive news to build the conversation around the platform leading up to what they must feel will be a big show in June.

Even though the kinectless SKU was met with mixed reactions they added a "no paywall for apps/XBO games with gold" chaser so net/net it was a positive news day.

Can MS afford to wait until end 2015 for Halo? If the sales don't pick up I consider Halo their (last) turn around chance but in 1.5 years the point of no return might have already been passed.

These Xbox threads are getting pretty entertaining. So many meltdowns.

There's nothing abnormal about a game being shown over a year out from release. It's pretty much normal. Rockstar tends to announce around this time but keep footage and gameplay under wraps until closer to release. Not many companies do. This Halo announce looks like business as usual to me. I'm sure they're trying to build positive press going into E3, but that probably would have happened Kinect-news or not.

I suspect MS will come with a VR/AR surprise at E3. Eurogamer brought up the old prototype slides. I doubts its something MS has abandoned.

If that excites and requires a kinect its gonna pull people back to it

Rumor is that Halo 5 is a semi-open world game, taking place on
the Ark
. This means they also have to reinvent multiplayer, and all this on a new engine aiming for 60fps (another major change for the multi gameplay)

They need the time for that.

Considering all of the next gen games being pushed back I think folks expect that either it will take a while or it is gonna get pushed in any case.

Halo 4 was announced a year and months before launch, the same for Ryse.

Aside Halo 5, most may announcements are for this year, including Sunset Overdrive.

The external hard drive support "soon" (from a X1 dev in reddit):

1gggt0u.jpg

I suspect MS will come with a VR/AR surprise at E3. Eurogamer brought up the old prototype slides. I doubts its something MS has abandoned.

If that excites and requires a kinect its gonna pull people back to it
That would be amazing, if MS announces VR we might get a VR revolution after all. It's the only platform without announcement yet, and Occulus said they don't care about consoles. It has to happen everywhere at the same time. so that third parties can make games cross-platform for PC, PS4, XB1.

I have doubts about kinect because lag is supposed to be the worst enemy of VR. All currently announced VR products have 240Hz to 1000Hz acquisition, and Kinect is 30Hz. If your hands move with a lag in the game compared to your brain (kinesthetic awareness), the brain will go "barf".

That would be amazing, if MS announces VR we might get a VR revolution after all. It's the only platform without announcement yet, and Occulus said they don't care about consoles. It has to happen everywhere at the same time. so that third parties can make games cross-platform for PC, PS4, XB1.

I have doubts about kinect because lag is supposed to be the worst enemy of VR. All currently announced VR products have 240Hz to 1000Hz acquisition, and Kinect is 30Hz. If your hands move with a lag in the game compared to your brain (kinesthetic awareness), the brain will go "barf".

is the IR camera in the Kinect only capable of 30hz ? I thought it was much higher than that . I thought the 1080p camera was limited to 30hz .

I would assume the IR in the Kinect would be more than enough to track a head set like crystal cove or morphus is doing

is the IR camera in the Kinect only capable of 30hz ? I thought it was much higher than that . I thought the 1080p camera was limited to 30hz .

I would assume the IR in the Kinect would be more than enough to track a head set like crystal cove or morphus is doing

In a presentation of Kinect Sports Rivals in Spain, people from Microsoft said Kinect can work @60fps, but I don't know if it is only for ToF camera or RGB too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back