News & Rumors: Xbox One (codename Durango)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Entry level programmers are 59? What's at level 1 then?? Shoe shiner to the cleaning ladies?
Haha! I have no idea. 58 was STE, so testers who can't code. QA-types.

When I started at MS, levels started at 9 or 10, and that was entry level coder. Then in 2000 or so it got changed to the current numbers, with each of the previous levels being divided in two, and entry level coder being set at 59. Admins etc get lower levels, but I have no clue what the lowest level assigned is.

Haha! I have no idea. 58 was STE, so testers who can't code. QA-types.

When I started at MS, levels started at 9 or 10, and that was entry level coder. Then in 2000 or so it got changed to the current numbers, with each of the previous levels being divided in two, and entry level coder being set at 59. Admins etc get lower levels, but I have no clue what the lowest level assigned is.

Probably the furniture...!

Anybody using the digital game sharing function yet(where you swap your home console setting)? This will be great when when me & my best bud both get a Xbox One.

Tommy McClain

Anybody using the digital game sharing function yet(where you swap your home console setting)? This will be great when when me & my best bud both get a Xbox One.

Tommy McClain
I know it works great because some friends are using that method with great success. But I didn't yet.

In fact I have it in for digital sharing 'cos a random guy who said hello and became a friend on XBL asked me to share games right off the bat without me knowing him and him not knowing me.

This irritated me and told him I wasn't interested and did something I don't usually do if I add someone -I went from friend to the brand new non relationship status-.

Don't want to see people like that again. I told him that I'd have to give him my email account's password 'cos I have it associated to my XBL account and he replied that there would be nothing wrong with that, that it was only for sharing our digital games and once we set up our accounts, then I could change the password.

That's what got me upset the most, actually, the persistence when I told him I didn't know him and would never do that. Not to mention he had like 2 games -he was planning on getting trials- and I have 11 potential games I could share.

Too much of a real opportunist attitude for me. I don't rule out using that method in the future though, with someone I can trust like family our a friend I know is reliable or a partner.

Hmm interesting. I wasn't aware you have to exchange email/password. Thought it was still like the original setup where you just told the system which friends were a part of your family. If you still have to exchange email/password, then it's really not much different than the 360 method. Sounds like you just don't need to be logged in so that your friends can play your game.

Tommy McClain

Hmm interesting. I wasn't aware you have to exchange email/password. Thought it was still like the original setup where you just told the system which friends were a part of your family. If you still have to exchange email/password, then it's really not much different than the 360 method. Sounds like you just don't need to be logged in so that your friends can play your game.

Tommy McClain

I thought it was simply setting your friend's console as your home console and vice versa on your console?

I thought it was simply setting your friend's console as your home console and vice versa on your console?

So did I, but after some Youtube searching, it looks like you still need to log into your Live account on the other system. If you don't do it yourself, then you have to give them your Live account's email & password & vice versa. If you don't want them to be logged in while they play your game, then they have to make your console their home console & vice versa. Unfortunately you can only change your home console 3 times a year. But if you already have the other person's Live account why not just sign into that at the same time you sign into your own account & save changing your home console? Hopefully MS are bringing back their original vision. This placeholder isn't that great.

Tommy McClain

Maybe they're announcing a new Xbox!?
The console is fine as it is. Sure it could be a bit more powerful but other than that I am happy with it.

A XBL friend says that it's not surprising that Phil Spencer uses the original Xbox logo as his avatar in his twitter account.

For people who are classic Xbox fans like him, they believe that it's time to deliver new IPs and also retrieve stuff such as Conker, Voodoo Vince, Rallisport Challenge, Grabbed by the Ghoulies, or even bring back to life ideas such as Before Christ.

They think that Microsoft should start to look more to themselves and rule out anything that got them to mimic ideas that have been successful for the competition. That led us to Kinect, according to them.

I love Kinect but I understand that current of opinion.

If Microsoft want to look at themselves they have their original mascot, which was an actual girl -a very pretty one btw-, :) who showed up in the E3 2000.

Man, those were the days, money and money and more money in abundance. :smile2:

A large rig in the streets, and a Xbox logo and the girl Raven herself opening the box. You can see it here, Raven and the E3 2000 and the truck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQBCVwb6GCQ&t=21m20s

I want a girl like that as Raven back. :(

xDDD Yeah, he picked flying, got caught.

Xbox One will be released in Japan in September.

And the full list of Japanese developers has been revealed --even the illusive Nippon Ichi. Games, games, games!

• Arc System Works

• Artdink

• Access Games

• Atlus

• Intergrow

• Experience

• SNK Playmore

• Kadokawa Games

• Capcom

• GungHo Online Entertainment

• Qute

• Grounding

• G rev.

• Cave

• Genki

• Koei Tecmo Games

• Konami Digital Entertainment

• CyberConnect2

• Cyberstep

• Silicon Studio

• Zoo

• Square Enix

• Spike Chunsoft

• Sega

• Tango Gameworks

• Take Two Interactive Japan

• D3 Publisher

• Nippon Ichi Software

• Hamster

• Bandai Namco Games

• Bandai Namco Studio

• From Software

• Bethesda Softworks

• Marvelous AQL

• Mages

• Moss

• Yukes

• Ubisoft

• Land Ho

• Level-5

• Warner Entertainment Japan

http://www.shacknews.com/article/84194/xbox-ones-japanese-developers-revealed

Wow, featuring such storied Japanese studios as Bethesda, Take 2, Ubisoft and Warner Brothers and Bandai Namco listed twice! I have a feeling the actual intent of the list was lost in translation. I can only assume it's a list of companies planning to publish software for the Xbox One in Japan, including western companies with Japanese offices.

Wow, featuring such storied Japanese studios as Bethesda, Take 2, Ubisoft and Warner Brothers and Bandai Namco listed twice! I have a feeling the actual intent of the list was lost in translation. I can only assume it's a list of companies planning to publish software for the Xbox One in Japan, including western companies with Japanese offices.
The list is translated at least, and this is the original source, so they did a good job.

This is the list of games that will be released in Japan:

【参入企業一覧】 (2014年4月23日時点)
アークシステムワークス株式会社
株式会社アートディンク
株式会社アクセスゲームズ
株式会社アクワイア
株式会社アトラス
株式会社インターグロー
株式会社エクスペリエンス
株式会社SNKプレイモア
エレクトロニック・アーツ株式会社
株式会社角川ゲームス
株式会社カプコン
ガンホー・オンライン・エンターテイメント株式会社
有限会社キュート
グランディング株式会社
有限会社グレフ
株式会社クロン
株式会社ケイブ
元気株式会社
株式会社コーエーテクモゲームス
コードマスターズ株式会社
株式会社コナミデジタルエンタテインメント
株式会社サイバーコネクトツー
サイバーステップ株式会社
シリコンスタジオ株式会社
株式会社ズー
株式会社スクウェア・エニックス
株式会社スパイク・チュンソフト
株式会社セガ
Tango Gameworks
2K Games
テイクツー・インタラクティブ・ジャパン
株式会社ディースリー・パブリッシャー
有限会社トライアングル・サービス
株式会社日本一ソフトウェア
株式会社ハムスター
株式会社バンダイナムコゲームス
株式会社バンダイナムコスタジオ
株式会社ビジネスパートナー
株式会社フロム・ソフトウェア
ベセスダ・ソフトワークス
株式会社マーベラスAQL
株式会社MAGES.
株式会社モス
株式会社ユークス
ユービーアイソフト株式会社
株式会社ランド・ホー
株式会社レベルファイブ
ワーナー エンターテイメント ジャパン株式会社

【Xbox One 発表済みタイトル一覧】 (2014年4月23日時点)
(それぞれの発売日、価格等詳細については各社からの情報を参照ください。その他のタイトルについても順次各社より発表される予定です)
タイタンフォール(エレクトロニック・アーツ)
ドラゴンエイジ:インクイジション(エレクトロニック・アーツ)
ニード・フォー・スピード ライバルズ(エレクトロニック・アーツ)
バトルフィールド 4 (エレクトロニック・アーツ)
プラント vs. ゾンビ ガーデンウォーフェア(エレクトロニック・アーツ)
ストライダー飛竜(カプコン)
メタルギア ソリッド V グラウンド・ゼロズ(KONAMI)
メタルギア ソリッド V ファントムペイン(KONAMI)
キングダム ハーツIII(スクウェア・エニックス)
[吹き替え版]コール オブ デューティ ゴースト(スクウェア・エニックス)
シーフ(スクウェア・エニックス)
トゥームレイダー ディフィニティブエディション(スクウェア・エニックス)
ファイナルファンタジーXV(スクウェア・エニックス)
マーダード 魂の呼ぶ声(スクウェア・エニックス)
ウィッチャー3 ワイルドハント(スパイク・チュンソフト)
ウルフェンシュタイン:ザ ニューオーダー(ベセスダ・ソフトワークス)
サイコブレイク (ベセスダ・ソフトワークス)
Dead Rising 3(Microsoft)
Kinect スポーツ ライバルズ(Microsoft Studios)
Killer Instinct(Microsoft Studios)
Quantum Break(Microsoft Studios)
Crimson Dragon(Microsoft Studios)
Sunset Overdrive(Microsoft Studios)
Zoo Tycoon(Microsoft Studios)
D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die(Microsoft Studios)
Powerstar Golf(Microsoft Studios)
Project Spark(Microsoft Studios)
Halo on Xbox One (仮題)(Microsoft Studios)
Halo: Spartan Assault(Microsoft Studios)
Below(Microsoft Studios)
Forza Motorsport 5(Microsoft Studios)
Minecraft: Xbox One Edition(Microsoft Studios)
Max: The Curse of Brotherhood(Microsoft Studios)
Ryse: Son of Rome(Microsoft Studios)
LocoCycle(Microsoft Studios)
アサシン クリード4 ブラック フラッグ(ユービーアイソフト)
ウォッチドッグス(ユービーアイソフト)
ザ・クルー(ユービーアイソフト)
ワンダーフリック(レベルファイブ)
ダイイングライト(ワーナー エンタテイメント ジャパン)
バットマン:アーカム・ナイト(ワーナー エンタテイメント ジャパン)

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201404/23052119.html

The console is fine as it is. Sure it could be a bit more powerful but other than that I am happy with it.

A XBL friend says that it's not surprising that Phil Spencer uses the original Xbox logo as his avatar in his twitter account.

For people who are classic Xbox fans like him, they believe that it's time to deliver new IPs and also retrieve stuff such as Conker, Voodoo Vince, Rallisport Challenge, Grabbed by the Ghoulies, or even bring back to life ideas such as Before Christ.

They think that Microsoft should start to look more to themselves and rule out anything that got them to mimic ideas that have been successful for the competition. That led us to Kinect, according to them.

I love Kinect but I understand that current of opinion.

If Microsoft want to look at themselves they have their original mascot, which was an actual girl -a very pretty one btw-, :) who showed up in the E3 2000.

Man, those were the days, money and money and more money in abundance. :smile2:

A large rig in the streets, and a Xbox logo and the girl Raven herself opening the box. You can see it here, Raven and the E3 2000 and the truck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQBCVwb6GCQ&t=21m20s

I want a girl like that as Raven back. :(

Haha i remember that Robot video, done by Blur Studios, anything but realtime.. but boy, did they have selfconfidence and hardware to back it up :)

Haha i remember that Robot video, done by Blur Studios, anything but realtime.. but boy, did they have selfconfidence and hardware to back it up :)

I remember a video from the robot demo, it looks different than the pictures seen, looks more like "videogame" than CGI.

I guess there was a realtime demo, but I'm not sure at 100%.

I remember a video from the robot demo, it looks different than the pictures seen, looks more like "videogame" than CGI.

I guess there was a realtime demo, but I'm not sure at 100%.
I think tkf might have a point there. I mean, from my layman point of view the shadows are just way too good for the hardware of the time, so are the lights -it looks like modern global illumination- flashing red on the robot's arm and also those on stage lights are also really good.

I think tkf might have a point there. I mean, from my layman point of view the shadows are just way too good for the hardware of the time, so are the lights -it looks like modern global illumination- flashing red on the robot's arm and also those on stage lights are also really good.

But the scene is small, and practically only two objects. But it is true that shadows and lighting are too awesome, looks real time lighting, I guess it can't be done using DX8.

There's a part of me that wouldn't be that shocked if that was being rendered in real-time on an Xbox. The shadows are great with high-quality self-shadowing, but they're only being cast for two objects in a small area for a single light source (despite the set having tons of sources from many directions, which results in a cool but very incorrect look). There's like one dynamic light in the entire clip, and it's not obvious that it's doing anything all that fancy.

But that would be some crazy good sampling on the shadows, and the assets are very high-quality.

I dunno. At the very least you could probably get something looking "sort of close" on Xbox.

Last edited by a moderator:
It sounds plausible judging by your words, and as you say the trouble I have with it being real-time is that, what you call "crazy good sampling on the shadows", 'cos back then hardware ran shadows like crap, as they are usually very expensive, computationally wise.

On another note, surprising news. It will be fully featured in a free Xbox Live documentary:

It sounds plausible judging by your words, and as you say the trouble I have with it being real-time is that, what you call "crazy good sampling on the shadows", 'cos back then hardware ran shadows like crap, as they are usually very expensive, computationally wise.

On another note, surprising news. It will be fully featured in a free Xbox Live documentary:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGbLENif_eI">YouTube Link</a>

Back then blur studies was credited with doing the animation, on their own site of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back