ATI 9700 Demo Shots

Kristof

Regular
Supporter
balls.jpg

car.jpg

animusic.jpg

K~

The first pic looks extremely nice, almost pre-rendered. Nice glass refractions and what looks like an over-exposure or 'bloom' effect around the highlights.

I've actually seen the real, pre-rendered, version of the Animusic animation shown in the third pic. If the realtime, ATI demo is anything like the original, then it should be quite impressive.

The first shot looks like it was taken (or rerendered in real time) from Paul Debevec's Image Based Rendering site

http://www.debevec.org/RNL/

rnl_med.jpg

IBR uses light probing of real world scenes, and taking photos of real world scenes and mapping them onto geometry. The Matrix used this for the background in the famous "roof" scene and also for the virtual subway set when Neo went up against Agent Smith.

DemoCoder said:
The first shot looks like it was taken (or rerendered in real time) from Paul Debevec's Image Based Rendering site

http://www.debevec.org/RNL/

rnl_med.jpg

IBR uses light probing of real world scenes, and taking photos of real world scenes and mapping them onto geometry. The Matrix used this for the background in the famous "roof" scene and also for the virtual subway set when Neo went up against Agent Smith.

Your assumption is correct - it is a real-time remake of the image-based rendering described in that Siggraph paper.

If the actual animusic demo supports spatial representation of all the sound generation in that animation, I think that would be the best demo I've ever witnessed. :LOL: I think it would be a major relaxation tool to pan and zoom around and have the sound source acoustic modelling be represented in full 3D, and I think it would keep me happlily amused for a long time.

I'm not overly awed by the graphics rendering (though I do think it is impressive detail) since I enjoy that demo for just the organization.

Reatime 3D generated music.

At our studio (www.su-studio.com) we are going in a direction quite close to what animusic is doing. Reatime 3D generated music.
We are in Barcelona and we use Virtools.

Does anyone have a link to a demo of animusic's PipeDream in real time ?

we think it could make sence for us to let you guys (beyond3D freaks ;)
to be able to test some of our stuff, special since Virtools compositions run
very good with the web browser plugin player...
Do you think it would be a good idea ?

cheers
Makuta

Back