News & Rumors: Xbox One (codename Durango)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where do they criticise metacritic?
Because many scores are from random users who are haters of a certain system. If it only gathered and put together the reviews of different sites, it would be okay, but no.

http://thebetacritic.blogspot.com.es/2012/04/metacritic-is-joke.html

Interesting news:

Satya Nadella, new Microsoft's CEO says; "Don't underestimate Xbox One and Nokia". :smile2:

http://www.financialexpress.com/news/-nadella-don-t-understimate-xbox-one-nokia-devices-/1226548?=

Because many scores are from random users who are haters of a certain system. If it only gathered and put together the reviews of different sites, it would be okay, but no.

Are you sure you know how MetaCritic works? The main Metascore(100 scale) is all from critics' reviews, not users(random or otherwise). There is a totally separate Userscore(10 scale) that is from user reviews. Granted the Userscore is lower than the critics' on Ryse, but only 1 point if converted to a 100 scale score. Seems to me the critics & users pretty much agree. However, it's the Metascore, from critics, that gets publicized the most & not the Userscore from users.

Tommy McClain

I don't see any criticism of metacritic. All I see them saying is they were disappointed in the scores Ryse got, but they still think the people that bought it enjoyed it, based on amazon scores etc. I'm not sure I agree you can use amazon as a real indicator of quality, but I don't see any real criticism of metacritic.

Interesting news:

Satya Nadella, new Microsoft's CEO says; "Don't underestimate Xbox One and Nokia". :smile2:

http://www.financialexpress.com/news/-nadella-don-t-understimate-xbox-one-nokia-devices-/1226548?=

Nokia is going to make a sleek...sexy...shiny red Xbox One? What about that Yellow? I like bleeding edge tech, so some days I am bummed about the next-gen consoles, and sometimes I an enthralled. Today I am bummed again, because the article robbed me. LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
Xbox One users experiencing black-screen error following update

The Verge are reporting that the recent firmware update is causing the Xbox One to black screen under some circumstances. It can be negated with a full reset and Microsoft are aware of the problem.

Only to be expected with each generation of consoles being more complex than the last.

The Verge are reporting that the recent firmware update is causing the Xbox One to black screen under some circumstances. It can be negated with a full reset and Microsoft are aware of the problem.

Only to be expected with each generation of consoles being more complex than the last.

I had that while I was playing Titanfall. I thought it was a Titanfall beta problem.

BSOD returns :runaway:

It's really weird. The console is still running. You can chat with people, and your game is still running. You can hear the audio. There's just no video output. You can issue voice commands to get around in the system.

Hold the xbox button on the controller for 10 seconds for a hard reset.

Fate is sometime a bitch, that one is quite mean as the efforts they put in making sure the RroD won't happen again are pretty obvious.
They will fix that but they did not need that type of advertisement now... They may be in panic mode to rush an update to that point, their track record with the 360 is almost (completely?) pristine :rolleyes:

Fate is sometime a bitch, that one is quite mean as the efforts they put in making sure the RroD won't happen again are pretty obvious.
They will fix that but they did not need that type of advertisement now... They may be in panic mode to rush an update to that point, their track record with the 360 is almost (completely?) pristine :rolleyes:

It doesn't happen frequently. It's nothing like RROD. You restart and it's gone. I had it happen once and in a very long session of play the next day it did not happen again. Not saying it's nothing, but a lot of people haven't had the issue, and those that have it's been a one-off, from what I've heard. I'll post if it happens again to me.

Matthew x1493

It doesn't happen frequently. It's nothing like RROD. You restart and it's gone. I had it happen once and in a very long session of play the next day it did not happen again. Not saying it's nothing, but a lot of people haven't had the issue, and those that have it's been a one-off, from what I've heard. I'll post if it happens again to me.

Matthew x1493
Thanks for the extra details though I understood the issue properly in the first place, it is a bug only a bug.
I was overly melodramatic about it ;) Though they don't need to attract that type of attention now and they should have paid more attention before release that update, it makes it smell like they have rushed it and are acting a bit in panic mode. That what I meant with my previous post, not that it is a new rrod.

Last edited by a moderator:

When I read this i was like, nah can't be happening or it has to be a very small sample. Because the xb1 owners on this board would have mentioned it before verge could have reported it.

Well I guess this could be a rumor or something

yADIFWw.png

Watch Dogs and Witcher 3...

Take with salt (especially given pre release status) but, the GAF rumor ponies have actually been somewhat accurate on resolution claims.

When I read this i was like, nah can't be happening or it has to be a very small sample. Because the xb1 owners on this board would have mentioned it before verge could have reported it.

Funny thing is i have had it happy to me while playing Tomb Raider DE but that was a week before the update. It happened once. I have a different bug on my system right now where my gamer pic is different at boot up where the Xbox says Hi (gamertag) than it is on my home screen and settings app. Ive tried changing it a couple times but its still different.
No big deal though.

I think at this point is reasonable to expect X1 games will be 720p or 900p for the most part. We sort of knew that would be the case when we saw the specs, and now it's being confirmed. I'm not sure Resolutiongate is warranted anymore. It's not really a surprise or a breaking story. It's just how it is. Not sure why anyone would think the Witcher or Watchdogs would be 1080p on X1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back