News & Rumors: Xbox One (codename Durango)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay. That's what I thought. What's the interest in a $150 Surface tablet then when there are many, many tablets out there already at every conceivable price? I don't understand Ranger's point there.

Okay. That's what I thought. What's the interest in a $150 Surface tablet then when there are many, many tablets out there already at every conceivable price? I don't understand Ranger's point there.

There are games like Spartan assault that are avalible only on windows.

Besides office even on rt is still better than the majority of office like apps on other tablets (including the verisons ms put out )

There are games like Spartan assault that are avalible only on windows.

Besides office even on rt is still better than the majority of office like apps on other tablets (including the verisons ms put out )
I'm not asking why anyone might want an RT tablet. I'm asking why a $150 RT tablet would be sweet for Smartglass but a $150 Android tablet won't be. It's certainly not due to Smartglass being RT only.

Limited edition Titanfall controller...

http://majornelson.com/2014/01/15/controller-post/

en-INTL-L-XboxOne-Wireless-Controller-J72-00001-RM2-mnco.jpg

en-INTL-L-XboxOne-Wireless-Controller-J72-00001-RM3-mnco.jpg

That looks amazing.

Looks to be 64.99 MSRP though, ridiculous. Maybe it will be the usual $10+ cheaper if it ever hits Amazon?

I'm not asking why anyone might want an RT tablet. I'm asking why a $150 RT tablet would be sweet for Smartglass but a $150 Android tablet won't be. It's certainly not due to Smartglass being RT only.

Main reason for me is price...second reason is similar apps that will be available on XBO and Surface tablets and Windows 8.

Limited edition Titanfall controller...

That design has a District 9 feel to it...pretty cool.

The controller reminds of a lot of things, none of which is Titanfall, but looks amazing. Just the excuse I needed to get a second controller :p

I thought I answered but I guess I wasn't clear. When I bought Spartan for the surface I got it for the xbox one at 50% off. I'm sure moving forward there will be more deals like that or even just buy once run on anything

I thought I answered but I guess I wasn't clear. When I bought Spartan for the surface I got it for the xbox one at 50% off. I'm sure moving forward there will be more deals like that or even just buy once run on anything
Okay. So for the Xbox ecosystem there are benefits in using Windows tablets which aren't necessarily tied to Smartglass (that was the confusing comment as I thoguht Smartglass was universal) but which would make a Windows tablet a better partner for an Xbox user than iOS or Android.

Okay. So for the Xbox ecosystem there are benefits in using Windows tablets which aren't necessarily tied to Smartglass (that was the confusing comment as I thoguht Smartglass was universal) but which would make a Windows tablet a better partner for an Xbox user than iOS or Android.

A unified app/video/music store. RT based apps running natively on XB1.

There were some small differences between the different platforms on the 360 Smartglass app. However, not sure about the XB1 version. MS hasn't updated their comparison matrix since 2012 however...

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/smartglass/feature-comparison

There you will see that iOS & Android versions didn't have support for Requests, Game Collection, sending Beacons, Leaderboards & a few other odds & ends.

Is it likely that they have feature parity on the XB1 app? Maybe, but I wouldn't be surprised if Windows & Windows Phones have access to stuff that iOS & Android don't.

Tommy McClain

Sorry if it was confusing. Yes there are benefits . I also just use xbox video and music since it's available on all my stuff

God I wish they made the glossy finish out of gorilla glass or something. I wiped my Xbox One once with a micro-fiber cloth and there's scratches everywhere. :(

If the white Xbox One was available to the public I would have bought that instead. It looks a lot better too imo. I should have just used a spray to clear the dust.

I've seen Gorilla glass get scratched with the usual microscratches. My Galaxy Note screen got tore up by the hard, plastic eraser on my Samsung official S-Pen accessory. I don't rate anything scratch proof and consider the marketing of Gorilla Glass as conventionally misleading. Gorilla glass is also fragile and would damage far worse from a knock than more resilient plastic.

If you want scratch free, change your cleaning method. The dust likely had hard particles that you wiped into the plastic. I'm not that obsessive anymore (conditioned by scratches everywhere no matter how much care one takes!) that I'll avoid scratches, but you can find softer ways to remove surface dust before using a microfibre cloth and maybe cleaning solution to remove greasy fingerprints and the like.

Zavvi have dropped the price of the xbone by £20. Why they have hasn't been answered yet. Probably have too much stock?

Sent from my Xperia Z using Forum Runner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back