News & Rumors: Xbox One (codename Durango)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not like there is a lack of perceived bimbos in Japan....

BTW, which game is the music from?

Thing about Japan is that the "AV dolls" don't have the big eye "Anime" look. They just look like normal people. Anyway the music is from PSO on Dreamcast.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unity Pro for what platforms? Would that $1500 cover release on every platform (assuming you have suitable SDKs)?
sorry missed your post, Im not 100% sure if it covers all platforms, I think you will obviously need to get a devkit etc for each platform whatever cost that is?
after all if it was free then you would have the following scenerio

person - I want to release my game for xbone/ps4/360/ps3
MS/sony - give us 10k
person - oh I'll use unity (though only partly)
MS/sony - oh ok then give us nothing

Yeah, that's why I said assuming you have the SDKs. If you have the SDKs, is there an additional license for Unity to release on console platforms, or is that all included in the one pro license? I assume its all inclusive, but I dunno if Sony and MS (used to) charge middleware vendors a fee or something crazy.

The UI looks really good. It'll be interesting to see what changes and features they bring over the generation. Really impressive.

I did that workout for a couple of months, it was my follow up to P90x. Insanity is indeed...insane lol, but very satisfying to do. That Kinect fitness app could be huge to the right market, kind of like the mania that followed Wii Fit. It's funny watching the video lol, the poor guy can't even handle the warmup!

Insanity is a nice workout but hardly as insane as they hype it to be! You just get used to it after a while. I always had to complement it with something else during a typical workout - usually weights. Insanity became my warmup before weights - not every day of course.
And it's really not something you can do in your living room, at least if you live in a block of flats with people downstairs. Too much noise.

Here's a LONG write up from The Verge on Xbox & TV...

http://www.theverge.com/2013/11/8/5075216/xbox-one-tv-microsofts-plan-to-take-over-the-living-room

Also Microsoft has announced it Xbox One "partners" for their 13 launch markets....

Australia
  • Crackle
  • Machinima
  • MUZU TV
  • Network Ten’s tenplay
  • Quickflix
  • SBS On Demand
  • TED
  • Twitch

Austria
  • Eurosport
  • Machinima
  • MUZU TV
  • TED
  • Twitch

Brazil
  • Crackle
  • Machinima
  • Muu
  • Netflix
  • Saraiva Player
  • Sky Online
  • SporTV
  • TED
  • Telecine
  • Twitch
  • Vivo Play

Canada
  • CinemaNow
  • Crackle
  • Machinima
  • MUZU TV
  • Netflix
  • Rogers Anyplace TV
  • Sportsnet
  • TED
  • The NFL on Xbox One
  • Twitch

France
  • 6Play
  • Canal+/CanalSat
  • France 2,3,4,5
  • La TV d’Orange
  • Machinima
  • MUZU TV
  • MyTF1
  • MYTF1VOD
  • SFR TV
  • TED
  • Twitch

Germany
  • Amazon\LOVEFiLM
  • Eurosport
  • Machinima
  • MUZU TV
  • TED
  • Twitch
  • Watchever
  • Zattoo

Ireland
  • Eurosport
  • Machinima
  • MUZU TV
  • Netflix
  • TED
  • Twitch

Italy
  • Eurosport
  • Machinima
  • MUZU TV
  • Premium Play
  • TED
  • Twitch

Mexico
  • Clarovideo
  • Crackle
  • Machinima
  • Netflix
  • TED
  • Televisa
  • The NFL on Xbox One
  • TV Azteca
  • Twitch
  • Veo

New Zealand
  • Machinima
  • MUZU TV
  • Quickflix
  • TED
  • Twitch

Spain
  • Eurosport
  • Gol Televisión
  • Machinima
  • MUZU TV
  • RTVE
  • TED
  • Twitch
  • Wuaki.tv
  • Zattoo

United Kingdom
  • 4oD
  • Amazon\LOVEFiLM
  • blinkbox
  • Crackle
  • Demand 5
  • Eurosport
  • Machinima
  • MUZU TV
  • Netflix
  • NOW TV
  • TED
  • Twitch
  • Wuaki.tv

United States
  • Amazon Instant Video
  • Crackle
  • CWTV
  • ESPN
  • FOX NOW
  • FXNOW
  • HBO GO (coming soon)
  • Hulu Plus
  • Machinima
  • MUZU TV
  • Netflix
  • Redbox Instant by Verizon
  • Target Ticket
  • TED
  • The NFL on Xbox One
  • Twitch
  • Univision Deportes
  • Verizon FiOS TV
  • VUDU

http://news.xbox.com/2013/11/xbox-one-partners-unveiled

Tommy McClain

I found the following part interesting:

"So we built an environment that’s about embracing change, and I find that very exciting." That even extends to things like 4K video, which Multerer says the Xbox One technically supports. "In the future there will be better hardware that supports it better, and we’ll move along with that."

Sounds like they are prepared to change the Xbox One's hardware during its lifetime?

That's very very impressive. The Kinect camera is an impressive piece of kit. It's also nice how the camera follows you around the room when using Skype.

This can be certainly a major step in gaming if used right. I also loved the slick interface for Followers and what your friends are doing.

Miksu, I've got the feeling they are talking about other hardware, like TVs and the like.

I love the Skype part where the camera follows you around as you move, that's badass. The ability to not miss Skype calls is also really tempting I have to say, I miss calls from my niece now sometimes if my laptop isn't on, at least this way using the hdmi in we can still get calls if the tv is on since we can route Directv through the xb1. Very cool and quite a tempting feature to have. The video narration on recorded clips is cool as well, I imagine boyfriends and girlfriends having good fun with that one :)

Insanity is a nice workout but hardly as insane as they hype it to be! You just get used to it after a while. I always had to complement it with something else during a typical workout - usually weights. Insanity became my warmup before weights - not every day of course.

Month one wasn't bad, but month two was nuts! Were you able to do month two without having to takes some rests? I couldn't, some of the routines in month two were just too tough, even the guys in the videos took breaks!

That's very very impressive. The Kinect camera is an impressive piece of kit. It's also nice how the camera follows you around the room when using Skype.

This can be certainly a major step in gaming if used right. I also loved the slick interface for Followers and what your friends are doing.

Miksu, I've got the feeling they are talking about other hardware, like TVs and the like.

The Kinect is impressive but I always cant help but feel that it is an impressive feature that I wont be using much. I dont feel like talking to my console all the time to do stuff. Also I find it stupid that every time I have to say "XBOX this", "XBOX that". Actually I d prefer it more if the controller had a button that would inform the console every time I held it that I am telling it to do something. So instead of saying "XBOX go to Netflix", I d just press it and say "Netflix"
The most interesting part is the ability to switch between users, their stuff and apps seamlessly and resume back. So I am wondering if we 2 users can switch to their game states without intefering with each other. I.e User 1 plays Halo and pauses and leavs, then User 2 plays Halo or Forza 5 on the same console on his own profile, and then User 1 retuens picks up from wherever he left his game state.Also if this can indeed be supported how many users can it support this way?

MS did well to implement all these apps for movies etc so fast. Thats an area where Sony is left behind by a huge gap, something I wasnt expecting considering that the PS3 already has so many apps for movie watching and the likes

Dan Greenawalt explained how they achieved 1080p and 60 frames per second in Forza 5. :smile:

He says that you must customise your engine in order to make use of the Xbox One capabilities, and it is a very capable console, according to him.

I kinda liked the shoe example.

http://www.microsofttranslator.com/...ue-forza-5-funcione-a-1080p-y-a-60-imagenes-/

A few days ago we had the opportunity to speak with Dan Greenawalt, the head of the Forza Motorsport series, who told us many details about Forza Motorsport 5, the title that will debut on the upcoming Xbox One.

One of the most surprising aspects of the game, apart from others difficult to transmit without playing it, is the visual quality that has reached. Asked Greenawalt have been able to get the game run at 1080 p and 60 frames per second looking better than other less lustrous titles.

"I don't know why other developers have failed it. We started working on the engine of Forza 5 three years ago, and is made for Xbox One. Xbox One is a very powerful console, you just develop the engine as well," he explains.

"If you personalise your engine, you can do whatever you want. That's why you customise things, isn't it? "

"If you make a shoe and you want it to fit everyone in this world, obviously it won't work, but if you measure the foot first, you can make a measured shoe that will fit"

"That is what we have done in this case, something that fits the Xbox One. "

We believe that there is power to spare in the console, and what will happen, according to progresses the console cycle, is that we will discover new ways to optimize to extract more power, trucando hardware, to put it in some way", concluded Greenawalt.

The Kinect is impressive but I always cant help but feel that it is an impressive feature that I wont be using much.

That's cool, it just may not be the console for you and that's ok, different strokes for different folks. For me Kinect is all I'm really interested in with the new consoles.

The tv control shown at the end of the video was cool but it looked like it was for Comcast. Have Microsoft said if DirecTV support would be there as well, so that it would know what channels are where, get correct guide data and so on?

That's cool, it just may not be the console for you and that's ok, different strokes for different folks. For me Kinect is all I'm really interested in with the new consoles.

The tv control shown at the end of the video was cool but it looked like it was for Comcast. Have Microsoft said if DirecTV support would be there as well, so that it would know what channels are where, get correct guide data and so on?

I haven't heard specifically, about DirectTV, but MS can buy the guide data from a number of providers, without involving the individual companies and in fact most likely already do (probably more than once....)

So around the E3 time frame, there was a lot of noise about how Xbox One incorporates like 3 operating systems,” he told the Report. “And technically, that is true. We have a hypervisor at the very bottom of our stack that was written by Dave Cutler and I don’t know if the name Dave Cutler means anything to you, he’s the guy who wrote VMS and wrote the Windows NT kernel.” “So the dude… he’s legendary in the industry. He knows his core operating system shit like no one else. Dave wrote our hypervisor. We have two LS virtual machines. One that handles the dedicated game, and one that handles the round-robinning of all the apps. Those are completely separated,” Henshaw continued. “Your game always has a fixed view of the world of hardware resource, it’s running any hypervised dedicated VM. And that was why there’s always one that’s hot at a time. The apps run in a much more Windows 8-like round robin VM. So you'll always have 2, 3,4, 5 of those hot, depending on what they do. Those are managed separately and they can be reset separately.”

“Generally that whole VM reboots whenever you start a new game. It’s cleaned by virtue of watching a new title,” Henshaw said. “And the apps that we are flipping through so quickly and doing all this stuff, they have automatic clean up that happens in that VM and that whole VM can be restarted without ever affecting the game.”

http://www.penny-arcade.com/report/article/the-xbox-ones-ui-may-have-sold-me-on-the-kinect-pack-in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back