News & Rumors: Xbox One (codename Durango)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given the similarities with pc CPU and gpu, wouldn't they be porting the pc engine to xbo instead of the 360 one? The xbo is x86 and gcn, why port a PowerPC/xenos engine to xbo?

Guess I was trying to make an excuse for them in my head. I would like more info on what they have done so far with their engines, Frostbite is not off to a great start. I guess we need the disclaimer of - *launch games are not a good example of future titles.

If we look to Ryse or KZ:SF we see that things will be much different. My biggest fear is multiplats holding each other back, and only seeing 1st party shine. I doubt that though, once the big engines are optimized for both things should be much better. Fun to compare things, but we are looking at launch games.

[YT]TJUKN99fW_k[/YT]

That is a very interesting comparison. Some things in the 360 version look really good like the characters but some things look not so good like the ocean waves. Ironically I personally like the 360 version of the smoke from the burning ship at the end of the video as it seems to have better coloring.

It looks slick and certainly better -more fluid- than its Xbox 360's counterpart, which has been getting slower as time went on --perhaps it is just me, but I don't think so.

On another note, what ERP mentions is very interesting. A different take on the possible reasons causing games like CoD to run at an "unexpected" resolution.

I do wonder though why a few developers insist on saying that both machines are about the same.

Even if the GPU to satisfy our 2D and 3D desires is based upon the Bonaire, which is a mid entry GPU, the Bonaire itself is a pretty decent GPU which can run quite a few games at 1080p.

News:

Edge has been kind towards the Xbox One as of late and wrote an article saying why they consider the Xbox One the superior multimedia box. (for me DLNA support is important, for instance, I use it a lot between my PC and my TV)

http://www.edge-online.com/features...softs-console-is-the-superior-multimedia-box/

Titanfall developer explains why the game is an Xbox One exclusive and says that the Xbox One is a powerful system.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/titanfall-developers-spell-out-benefits-of-xbox-one-cloud/

It looks slick and certainly better -more fluid- than its Xbox 360's counterpart, which has been getting slower as time went on --perhaps it is just me, but I don't think so.

Penello said that it is an old build:

This is an old XDK build. Not up to date. Game doesn't get squeezed like that and it's super slow. Current builds WAY faster.

I do wonder though why a few developers insist on saying that both machines are about the same.
My take on this is - they ment ease of programing, not quality of results. Faster memory and more GPU power cannot NOT make a difference - as we now begin to see from actual games.

Anyway, the difference is just when you compare the two sistems, since to my eye the BF4 on Xbone look indeed very good, ad least from the footage taken by DF.

Penello said that it is an old build:
Compared to my Xbox 360 it seems really, really like light years ahead, speed-wise, so it wouldn't bother me much if that was the actual speed in the final build of the OS...

That's one of the things that makes me [sic] in my pants.

Yes, I don't know if its due to the cache or the fact that I only have 12,5GB worth of free space in my Xbox 360's HD out of 250GB... but the Xbox One's OS is really really slick judging by the video.

My take on this is - they ment ease of programing, not quality of results. Faster memory and more GPU power cannot NOT make a difference - as we now begin to see from actual games.

Anyway, the difference is just when you compare the two sistems, since to my eye the BF4 on Xbone look indeed very good, ad least from the footage taken by DF.
In a sense I am just happy to know that both machines are different.

However, if they are going to decrease the number of pixels on multiplatform games when creating the Xbox One version, I hope that developers take advantage of that and add more quality per pixel rather than just more pixels.

I wish they emphasise the quality of pixels as a way of expressing their ideas and technologies in a different manner.

However, if they are going to decrease the number of pixels on multiplatform games when creating the Xbox One version, I hope that developers take advantage of that and add more quality per pixel rather than just more pixels.

I wish they emphasise the quality of pixels as a way of expressing their ideas and technologies in a different manner.

Better: Why not to take advantage of the strengths of the platform? Cloud computing, Kinect, Smartglass, the new rumble in the controller, etc.

Better: Why not to take advantage of the strengths of the platform? Cloud computing, Kinect, Smartglass, the new rumble in the controller, etc.
I think there are more strengths to it than that. I mean, those are obvious, but subtle architectural strengths might exist too --each platform usually has its own fortes.

On the bright side, perhaps we are going to see new interesting approaches in the future in the way they are going to take advantage of the system.

I think there are more strengths to it than that. I mean, those are obvious, but subtle architectural strengths might exist too --each platform usually has its own fortes.

On the bright side, perhaps we are going to see new interesting approaches in the future in the way they are going to take advantage of the system.

agreed

Its far too soon to assume that xbox can not keep up.

That is a very interesting comparison. Some things in the 360 version look really good like the characters but some things look not so good like the ocean waves. Ironically I personally like the 360 version of the smoke from the burning ship at the end of the video as it seems to have better coloring.

Funny that again x1 version has edge enhancement and rgb range is bit different compared to xbox360 version. So they are somewhat closer each other if you adjust x360 image to "x1 specs"

The os is extremely fast changing local content , its the online stuff that gets tricky . Using bing was prob not the best demo usage of snap. They should have used the music player to play tracks on the hardrive. That shit is almost instant in my experience and I was using a build at least a month old but most likely older since it was right about a month ago I was playing with the unit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back