News & Rumors: Xbox One (codename Durango)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. Yes there is. But not to the general internet forumites and twitterati out there. He would have been better off not saying anything at all.

I think there is a huge and obvious difference in what he said and your spin, obvious to anyone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol, I suppose the edited version if my post works well enough... not as technically accurate but gets the point across with minimum fluff!

Sigh, mini Vita TV is making me cry for the lack of the 360/XB1 extender with remote play. Why oh why did MS not have that ready at launch.

Xbone is Kinect. So an extender would need a second one as a mandatory bundle.

There were rumors of something (mics,etc) being inside the main box itself, wonder if that was the mini as it is absent from X1.

Edit: I noticed that Nelson said he was under NDA, so it will be interesting to see what that is and when he can talk. The reason I bring it up, is we have poor messaging overall from MS, and now he says that, so it makes you wonder in general what they are doing.

There were rumors of something (mics,etc) being inside the main box itself, wonder if that was the mini as it is absent from X1.

Edit: I noticed that Nelson said he was under NDA, so it will be interesting to see what that is and when he can talk. The reason I bring it up, is we have poor messaging overall from MS, and now he says that, so it makes you wonder in general what they are doing.

Well if they've got something as all inclusive as Sony are putting forward now then they are leaving it very late to actually make anyone care about it in any meaningful way come launch.

I can imagine that the back tracking done over DRM, always online, digital media etc would have quite an impact on how the system software managed such solutions. Perhaps they are just running late or they are betting the farm on the current Xbone TV capabilities. Which would be a little bizarre as they're only really valid in the US.

I can imagine that the back tracking done over DRM, always online, digital media etc would have quite an impact on how the system software managed such solutions. Perhaps they are just running late or they are betting the farm on the current Xbone TV capabilities. Which would be a little bizarre as they're only really valid in the US.
People keep saying that but it's not really true. the TV capabilities may be reduced elsewhere, but they aren't invalid (potentially; we haven't seen them in operation). If you can control your TV, get a guide up, and access streaming services like BBC iPlayer from XB1, it's providing TV capabilities.

the enhanced programming guide and associated features only works in the US. Simply plugging in an hdmi cable and using whatever features the source device offers shouldn't be though

At minimum it's an extra slick smartTV hub, with voice universal remote where voice is supported. You can plug anything with HDMI into the HDMI-in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back