News & Rumors: Xbox One (codename Durango)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing is if the source gets enough of these wrong and the rumors themselves lack any news worthiness, people are naturally going to look upon the source with suspicion.

And if the case is that the source of the rumours get to much wrong then there is only speculation left, which won't last long here if there is proof to the contrary.

Cboat is spend here I think.

>>Fifa 14 free with pre-ordered Xbox One (Only in Europe)

Smart deal, FIFA is now a lot bigger franchise than Madden I'm sure this will please a lot of Europeans though is this only available in the countries that it launches in?

I think the rule more or less is that we're not supposed to debate the validity of the actual source, just the rumors that the source claims right?
Yep. Discussing the sources leads us to noisy, pointless discussions where the rumours are ignored the people supplying them are the matter of interest. That's not console gaming discussion, but gossip and bickering. When 50% of the posts on the forum are about how biased and prejudiced x/y/z are, you end up with a social commetary forum, not a console gaming and tech forum. ;)

The reputation of Cboat or GAF or Pastebin or Digital Foundry is a tired topic. When we're out of silly season and it's just every now and then a source comes up, like SemiAccurate, and people start discussing how wrong they are, we can accommodate that, but until then I feel the current policy has done wonders to keep noise down and conversation on the actual content.

Smart deal....is this only available in the countries that it launches in?
This deal is for Europe 2013 launch countries (pre-orders) and "while stock lasts". So rest (Scandinavia etc...) 2014 Europe 2nd tier countries don't get it or get something else.

This deal is for Europe 2013 launch countries (pre-orders) and "while stock lasts". So rest (Scandinavia etc...) 2014 Europe 2nd tier countries don't get it or get something else.

Sort of. No official launches in those countries, but anyone in Europe (at least the EU?) would have no problems getting it. A few years back it seemed almost everyone in the EU on these forums got their consoles and games from the UK online stores as they had the best prices at the time, IIRC.

Regards,
SB

Smart deal, FIFA is now a lot bigger franchise than Madden I'm sure this will please a lot of Europeans though is this only available in the countries that it launches in?
Judging by Amazon.co.uk, it seems to be "Day One" editions only. The Standard Xbox One pre-order doesn't show Fifa.

gamersyde looks to have high def versions of some of these trailers/gameplay. at least titanfall and bf4 for two. this goes for all consoles.

as the versions on youtube seem to be pretty crap quality, highly recommended.

One assumes that's it. FIFA as a standard pack-in probably isn't bad (plus some exclusive DLC), although not as impressive as some were maybe expecting. Given the big positive features for the US market, the lack of anything comparable for other markets is disappointing, although perhaps to be expected. It's hard to think of a Euro-centric killer feature; certainly not one that is easily applicable across borders. Maybe they should have revealed a Eurovision Song Contest exclusive experience including Kinect game and special coverage?
FIFA is a blockbuster here in Europe, and most people love footy games. I pre-ordered my console more than a month ago and I am getting more and more for my money. I think this is brilliant news, maybe not enough for everyone to forget the PR disaster which happened months ago, but still great....

I reserved it at GAME and now I am getting two games for free at launch. The aforementioned FIFA 14 and either Ryse or Forza 5. :eek:

edge gamescom writeup

http://www.edge-online.com/features...-sharpens-microsofts-focus-on-the-mainstream/

Microsoft’s mercifully concise media presentation at Gamescom this morning displayed plenty of the attitude that has defined the console’s public outings to date, no matter how much the platform holder has changed its mind since May 21.

It remains a mainstream entertainment box, and aligning itself so closely with videogame colossi FIFA and Call Of Duty is Microsoft’s smartest move yet in a pre-launch campaign fraught with blunders.

In terms of mainstream player power, it’s difficult to imagine a better one-two punch. The news that every European Xbox One pre-order will now come with a free copy of FIFA 14 is sensational, and the Call Of Duty: Ghosts bundle – allied with a string of timed, exclusive content drops – cements the Xbox brand’s close affiliation with the industry’s biggest shooter.

If it's just a bundle like it is in Europe, it will help with sales, but not significantly so IMO. Unless it's considerably cheaper than buying them separately.

A few years back it seemed almost everyone in the EU on these forums got their consoles and games from the UK online stores as they had the best prices at the time, IIRC.

That's true, but only for games. The consoles weren't/aren't that cheap in the UK and you have to deal with different electric sockets also. Amazon.uk usually discounts games quite quickly, which makes it a desirable place to get them.

It sounds like it's a basically a deal to push their preorder numbers up in Europe. Though it might be an expensive deal at that.

What venues are happening between now and November where MS could announce the launch date of the XBO? Are we just in press release territory now?

I wish they just show up on stores shelves in early Nov with no announcement. I just want to see what happens to the internet if that occurs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back