News & Rumors: Xbox One (codename Durango)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since there is not going to be a stream of Microsoft's Gamescom conference, should I just refresh IGN or Gamespot to get some news? Their press conference should be starting in like 30 mins.

Since there is not going to be a stream of Microsoft's Gamescom conference, should I just refresh IGN or Gamespot to get some news? Their press conference should be starting in like 30 mins.

Last I heard there wasn't going to be a press conference, just some press meetings/demos, that you'll then see news trickling from via regular press/sites.

So far they've announced Fable Legends, Dedicated servers in CoD: Ghosts, A CoD hardware bundle, pre-orders will come with a free copy of FIFA (in Europe at least) and FIFA Ultimate Team Legends is Xbox Exclusive.

Presentation is over. I can see why they didn't stream it. That turned out to be pretty short. So here is the breakdown of what was announced:

- Fable: Legends
- The Division exclusive content
- Xbox One: indies can self-publish without fees
- Fifa 14 free with pre-ordered Xbox One (Only in Europe)
- FIFA 14 Ultimate Team Legends exclusively for Xbox 360 and Xbox One. More details here.
- Call of Duty: Ghosts Xbox One bundle + dedicated servers
- Ubisoft's new fighter for the Kinect = The Figher Within
- Mojang's Cobalt for Xbox 360 and Xbox One

And that's about it I suppose. Ign got some hands-on with Ryse at Gamescom and went in detail about the combat and posted some new images. An announcement of a new Crackdown would have been nice. :cry: lol

Sadly they didn't say how many units of FIFA14 will be free. Nice move from MS they've increased the value of the box in a brilliant way. However i do think they overstimate the power of FIFA as a system seller, most of FIFA players will stick to their PS3/360 for some time.

oI3wUem.png

The big news here is dedicated servers for cod and hopefully all big fps .......next up halo .........I love big team objective or battle in halowith friends but sadly even on halo 4 its a lag fest in around one in three or four games .
At last they are spending Xbox live subs on something what should improve our enjoyment of online gaming even if its just no more losing a party member in lobby .
Something that often happens in cod you get in a game and half your party ends up in another game .....I've lost count of the amount of times this happens exspecialy the first few weeks after launch .
If they can clear up these little annoying things by using didicated servers I'll be happy and so will my gaming buddies .:)

So what was the big reveal? I thought they were going to announce something major for Europe or was it the FIFA deal they were talking about?

So what was the big reveal? I thought they were going to announce something major for Europe or was it the FIFA deal they were talking about?
One assumes that's it. FIFA as a standard pack-in probably isn't bad (plus some exclusive DLC), although not as impressive as some were maybe expecting. Given the big positive features for the US market, the lack of anything comparable for other markets is disappointing, although perhaps to be expected. It's hard to think of a Euro-centric killer feature; certainly not one that is easily applicable across borders. Maybe they should have revealed a Eurovision Song Contest exclusive experience including Kinect game and special coverage?

One assumes that's it. FIFA as a standard pack-in probably isn't bad (plus some exclusive DLC), although not as impressive as some were maybe expecting. Given the big positive features for the US market, the lack of anything comparable for other markets is disappointing, although perhaps to be expected. It's hard to think of a Euro-centric killer feature; certainly not one that is easily applicable across borders. Maybe they should have revealed a Eurovision Song Contest exclusive experience including Kinect game and special coverage?

It does feel a little rarefied at the moment. The biggest concern would be that the addition of games in the pack is of little impact if the opposition launch earlier and have access to the same games but earlier. It's like adding apples to your product when everyone has access to an orchard anyway.

precious little new footage so far too...

it's amazing how much next gen footage is being hoarded since e3. there's 3 friggen months to go! these companies must think it's diamonds.

i have to say what little is being shown is bringing back the old diminishing returns vibe a bit...

Crazy we still don't have a release date. I need to research when xbox and 360 release dates were announced. Has the One hit the FCC yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back