News & Rumors: Xbox One (codename Durango)

Status
Not open for further replies.
New article with another supposed source. This one says upclock yay 12GB RAM nay.

http://www.examiner.com/article/xbo...gher-clock-speed-but-doubtful-on-increase-ram

Source doesn't make much sense, in one breath the RAM is too slow to make use of 12GB except in 2nd screen gaming, in the next Respawn was pushing for more RAM for Titanfall.

Not sure what makes this shadowy websites source more legitimate than say, Interference's, but ok. I guess this one is acceptable to post on Neogaf (despite just playing off rumors that originated here) :LOL:

Examiner article is questionable:
The increase has been a reality since before the reveal, as they have "been reacting to Sony ever since the first leaks of both systems." The news of this bump in clock speed was announced to first parties only

For one, as per the document DF got the info from their ESRAM article from, MS explicitly states of the ESRAM bandwidth calculation of 128 bytes x 800 mhz = 102.4 GB/s that 'this is still the case'. And this was far after the May reveal, where they supposedly had already decided on the increase.

Perusing the Examiner's older rumours doesn't seem to indicate they have any kind of track record either.

personally lost all respect in DF when they published the wii-u specs and how they have no idea what they are talking about regarding hardware of the xbox one or ps4.

I don't know what they said about the Wii U specs, but that ESRAM article has all the info from a post made by MS to devs on their Developer Central dev resource.

personally lost all respect in DF when they published the wii-u specs and how they have no idea what they are talking about regarding hardware of the xbox one or ps4.
Well some of their works is still of high quality but it shows that they had to make trade off to generate clicks...
I was floored when they quoted Bkilian whithout asking him his permission when Granmaster was posting here not that long ago. Though forum are public but still...

I think it is not their job to "promote" GPUs either from AMD or Nvidia especially as they did not leverage their tool chain to scrutinize frame rate fluctuations.

Anyway, I've the weird feeling that they are quite often recycling rumors from other sites and forum and pretend that they have their own sources. So far they got nothing we haven't heard of before. On the contrary to websites like VGleak, kotaku or Edge that had info about the ps4 ram bump.

Imo wrt to RAM 12GB is extremely wasteful , 4GB or more for the OS? At this point I hope more and more disruption come on way or another, how are they going to get those systems prices down anytime soon? That is a mystery to me at this point.
I hope they don't do it, if it 6GB vs 7GB available for games MSFT will be fine, I would think that an overclock would be more useful (both CPU and GPU) though it is not a game changer.

I feel that gen less and less, analysts sales expectation for both systems are lower than what the ps360 achieved at launch. Nobody want to discuss it but I wonder about the impact of the pay wall wrt online gaming on the masses, and so on.

I think that neither MSFT and Sony put them selves in a good position to an aggressive move from a new actor, the most threatening being Google for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Examiner article is questionable:

For one, as per the document DF got the info from their ESRAM article from, MS explicitly states of the ESRAM bandwidth calculation of 128 bytes x 800 mhz = 102.4 GB/s that 'this is still the case'. And this was far after the May reveal, where they supposedly had already decided on the increase.

Perusing the Examiner's older rumours doesn't seem to indicate they have any kind of track record either.

I don't know what they said about the Wii U specs, but that ESRAM article has all the info from a post made by MS to devs on their Developer Central dev resource.

Odd they state Respawn has been pushing for more RAM too "clear and vocal", when they certainly havent publicly. A google search for Respawn 5GB RAM turned up zero public complaints.

I couldn't gain any sense of "examiner.com"'s real credibility, it seems like more an aggregation site. But at least it doesn't seem that particular author is prone to posting nonsense http://www.examiner.com/video-game-industry-in-long-island/nicholas-gigante

the yield problems there was exactly zero hard evidence for.

about as much as currently for an upclock, i suppose.

Yield problems were a rumor that started on neogaf, spread around the internet, only to return there as a plausible fact. No basis for that rumor at all.

But we should link to made up things in other threads on other forums ? What made up things should we believe.

All the bad ones for Xbox,. of course! :rolleyes:

The Examiner guy's source is not in any way linked to B3D that I know of.

I also happen to know of interference and eastmen's sources, and they're at least decent (especially the former). Overall there are now three separate sources (counting examiner guy's source) that at least seem to hint something is bubbling (and both interference and examiner initially disbelieved, these are hardly Xbots, but were surprised when their contacts came back that the rumors had some apparent validity). I wouldn't necessarily bet against 8GB/800/1.6, still though. Which, is better than a downclock.

It's July 10. The end of these rumors and confirmed final specs (at least through leaks), can only come down to time, and we should certainly know by November, which is 4 months, not really that long.

All the bad ones for Xbox,. of course! :rolleyes:

The Examiner guy's source is not in any way linked to B3D that I know of.

I also happen to know of interference and eastmen's sources, and they're at least decent (especially the former). Overall there are now three separate sources (counting examiner guy) that at least seem to hint something is bubbling. I wouldn't necessarily bet against 8GB/800/1.6, still though. Which, is better than a downclock.

It's July 10. The end of these rumors and confirmed final specs (at least through leaks), can only come down to time, and we should certainly know by November, which is 4 months, not really that long.

I wouldn't put so much stock in it. You saw what happened to me when that one NeoGAF user PM'd me info that wasn't even true. I didn't even ask for that info.

Best to just let things go.

Did you even read Examiner article? *facepalm*

he didn't believe the original rumor, but was shocked when he contacted his developer source about it who supposedly confirmed the upclock part (but knew nothing of any memory increase). He also was aware and had written about of the previous downclock rumors.

BTW, you probably know of interference's source, and it's probably pretty good.

But, interference only mentioned MS sent out a SURVEY, nothing more.

All this endless talk about rumors , upgrades etc. just confirms that people are not satisfied with the specs.
Microsoft should have done better , sadly they dropped the ball .

Can we just stick to rumors and news NOT originated on B3D and leave personal cross-forums issues outside...or it's too much to ask!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back