News & Rumors: Xbox One (codename Durango)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't help but lean a little at corners playing FPSs. It could give me a better view now as well as making me look silly.

I've been asking for that sort of natural motion control since this gen started. Sixaxis and PSEye (even Live Camera whatever it was) provided al sorts of possibilities that went ignored. Head tracking could have been standard this gen and enriched many games. Perhaps with Kinect as standard, devs will start to experiment and hopefully get good solutions that become commonly adopted.

I can't help but lean a little at corners playing FPSs. It could give me a better view now as well as making me look silly.
There are other interesting gameplay mechanics being developed.

Stealth, too, is going to play a larger role in Dead Rising 3.

Capcom added an option for the Kinect to add to the stealth element of the game and now zombies can hear you through Kinect.

So if you want to avoid the zombies, don't yell at Kinect and remain silent:

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/06/11/dead-rising-3-kinect-and-smartglass-integration-detailed/

/your mum could call you to have dinner for instance and alert zombies, but yeah... :smile:

That would be cool. Whistling to attract attention in stealth games, until someone noisy comes through and blows your cover.

The guy in the Wired Kinect demo suggested winking at merchants in an RPG to get better deals. Both cameras should be able to read facial expressions to some useful degree in good light.

That would be cool. Whistling to attract attention in stealth games, until someone noisy comes through and blows your cover.

The guy in the Wired Kinect demo suggested winking at merchants in an RPG to get better deals. Both cameras should be able to read facial expressions to some useful degree in good light.
LOL, those ideas sound so great, I have to share. They can be nothing or everything. I can imagine people winking to increase their Speechcraft in Skyrim. :smile:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd....0x480/295646_486991154699335_1552581316_n.jpg

winking-dog.jpg

Nope, I wasn't banned for that. I was temporarily banned till after E3 for, I suppose, being a bit too overzealous in my belief that the Xbox One's policies weren't quite as life altering and disastrous as some thought.

So I was literally banned for "Spinning too hard." :/ I learned my lesson, though. I'll just say my piece and then move on. Engaging with people on such a touchy subject that gets people so angry and animated, especially when I'm probably on the wrong side of the issue, is probably asking for trouble clearly. So people saw me get banned and instantly jumped to the conclusion that I must have been banned because I'm some "shill" that works for MS, which I'm not. But when you don't agree with people on a specific subject, that's what happens.

The subject of what I said about there being no downclock isn't what got me banned. It was the entirely different subject of the Xbox One's policies and being perceived as spinning, even though I was just giving my personal opinion on the matter. My ban only lasts till after E3. I have concerns like others, but I don't think the policies would change very much about the way I do things day to day. I regularly had nice things to say about the Wii-U and PS4 on GAF, so I wasn't exactly trolling any specific consoles. It just rubbed some folks the wrong way that I held some of the opinions that I did, and more or less maintained a positive outlook on the Xbox One. I don't really blame the mods, but more so people accusing anybody that has a different view of somehow working for Microsoft. :)

I do blame the mods at neogaf. If you are on the wrong side to any heated thread you will be banned and this is unacceptable to me. It can be worse than many of the worst forums (I will not name them, just use your imagination) on the Internet.

I wasn't banned for any of this. :) I just read and watch how the ignorance spreads. Even if you try to use a little rationality you will lose.

Queue up the next great net controversy:
Thanks a lot Microsoft, now when my XBox One can't connect after 24 hours, I lose the ability to walk.

Somewhat more seriously, I guess some of us grizzled gamers will have to unlearn our years of making ourselves not lean when going into turns.

I hope they add one more bonus feature for Kinect: the ability to raise your hand to shield your eyes from the insanely over the top lens flare and sun effects that bright out half the screen in every "OMG look at our realistic graphics" shot.

LOL :)

I hope they add one more bonus feature for Kinect: the ability to raise your hand to shield your eyes from the insanely over the top lens flare and sun effects that bright out half the screen in every "OMG look at our realistic graphics" shot.

It confounds me that there are folk within Turn10 that actually think the light shafts are good. :|

Lol, take a look to Rise of the Nightmare, a current gen kinect game. It have some cool kinect implementations.

It confounds me that there are folk within Turn10 that actually think the light shafts are good. :|
They seem to love it, to be more precise.

As for the gameplay implementations 3dilettante mentioned, it just adds to what bkilian said about the console doing things that you can't even find on a PC no matter how powerful it is.

The retailer GAME is going to open a Xbox One only store in London, and they describe as a "one of a kind concept store".

Very surprising if you ask me.

Does this open up the possibility of a partnership where Game can sell digital goods too? Taking into account that Xone's content is only digital I wonder if that is the case.

It certainly gives me hope that physical stores will never disappear and I can keep making *friends* there and seeing people buying games and stuff in the stores. :eek:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-06-18-game-opening-xbox-only-store-in-london

When I am racing in real life, I just change to a darker shield so I don't have to deal with it. But with Forza I have to deal with it. :LOL:

From that standpoint I wish they would stop doing that!

I get a lot of glare with my actual eyes. And looking up at a bright sky will cause a sneeze.

Turn 10 don't go far enough. Make me sneeze.

The retailer GAME is going to open a Xbox One only store in London, and they describe as a "one of a kind concept store".

Very surprising if you ask me.
No wonder the company went into administration last year, they clearly don't have a clue.

Unless XB1 has some seriously sweet retailer margins, I can only assume this is an MS supported project. Creating a store for one product doesn't make great retail sense to me - you'd want to cater to both as long as both are active in the market.

Maybe MS is giving $50 of that $100 price premium to retailers. That would certainly make them pimp Xbox One more.

True.

It might have worked back in the late 90's early 2000's, but these days, internet knowledge spreads quickly and products tend to sell on their own merit. Still, I guess it is using the one advantage MS still holds: $

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back