News & Rumors: Xbox One (codename Durango)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything, everything bkilian said starts to make sense now. He pieced the puzzle together at his own pace and it's more or less what we expected. My hats off to him for such honesty.
To be honest, the only two pieces of information I knew related to this was "Always connected", and "Games install from disc". All my posts related to this really were just my opinions and thoughts on how the system could work.

I've just thought of an awesome new web-based business model: Become an "authorized retailer", and then allow users to sell their discs directly to other users. Essentially become the private market. Take a small percentage to facilitate, and take care of the licensing issues for individuals. You could even incorporate the "for fee" developers by disclosing the fee to the selling user, and reduce their payment by that amount.

You can loan a game to 1 of your friends, so long as they have been on your Live friends list for 30 days, and then you cannot have the game back or loan it to anyone else.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Who is to say you won't be able to still somehow sell on Amazon? It would be smart of Amazon to tie in the MS system to this, however it ends up working.

GAF meltdown is comical, looks like most of would be banned.

By far I don't like that systems like this are needed, but I understand the reality of business. I think the "hybrid" solution would be the best middle ground. I can see some games requiring a connection, so that could be frustrating to customers that don't read the box.

I am happy for same day DD on both consoles, I imagine based on the X1 allowing an easy way to move around the house without a disc is a huge bonus in my use case.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

Online check in every 24 hours is the deal breaker for me. I just do not like that AT ALL.

GAF is going ban crazy for anybody agreeing otherwise. Childish, but understandable.

For agreeing otherwise? So they're banning people for ...

Honestly, my opinion is that people with crappy Internet connections can get fucked. Sorry. If every game had an online requirement, I'd be totally ok with that. When I go places that don't have quality Internet, I won't play games. In fact, usually if I'm going somewhere, bringing my console with me would be a sign of a game addiction. There are other things in life for the times you don't have Internet.

I can see having some minor gripes with the licensing. Really, it's not particularly unfair. Only problem I have is the private person-to-person game sales being restricted because of the "30 day friend" requirement. It isn't a dealbreaker though. I'll just have to consider that my return on a game I'm finished with might be a bit lower than it was before.

Btw, I think Cboat is on a team that works on Dead Rising 3.

I hate to infest this thread with too much rumor mongering but since he's being discussed in here right now, just noticed this post about CBOAT

Here is a compilation of stuff CBOAT leaked and is completely confirmed at this point. It doesn't stop at Microsoft. He has crazy good connections:

-some 360 tech details
-full list of GTA San Andreas voice actors
-Dead Space 3 having a coop feature
-leaked Remember Me (still a Sony exclusive at that point)
-TitanFall by Respawn is a timed exclusive, but is getting a PC port
-EA dropped their online pass, because MS is restricting used games themselves
-Battlefield 4 is not a timed exclusive for Xbox One

Unconfirmed stuff:

-Dead Rising 3 exists and is a console exclusive (rumoured to be MS)
-Black Tusk's new IP for Xbox One is way behind in development
-Mass Effect, Dragon Age are not timed exclusives for Xbox One

It seems to be a lot of EA and MS in there, *shrug*

Maybe he shot down the esram yield issues as false because the gpu downclock had resolved the problems with yield.

This is such an elaborate stretch *rolleyes*

I mean, it's technically possible, but by far the easiest explanation of Major Nelsons tweet, the Occam's Razor one, is there are no ESRAM issues and no downclock. You have to stretch to get other things out of it.

Also even thuway is slightly walking back the downclock now. Saying thing like it's an option, nothing is set in stone for sure so you never know but as of now it's downclocked, etc etc. He's still claiming downclock but he's leaving himself out language for sure.

It'll be sad when inevitably nothing happens to him for being blatantly wrong about this when others where banned for much less.

For agreeing otherwise? So they're banning people for ...

Honestly, my opinion is that people with crappy Internet connections can get fucked. Sorry. If every game had an online requirement, I'd be totally ok with that. When I go places that don't have quality Internet, I won't play games. In fact, usually if I'm going somewhere, bringing my console with me would be a sign of a game addiction. There are other things in life for the times you don't have Internet.

I thank you for bringing this to light. As a grown man I have never traveled with my console. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

I take it as you can only loan a game out once, but the game is still yours to play regardless. If my gamertag was not already online all day, I might log on at a friends and let them play under my account instead of loaning it.

You're free to believe whatever you want, but do the rest of us a favor and keep what you believe under your tinfoil hat.
Seems to me that there is enough evidence to say that it is at least possibly true, therefore we should be free to discuss it. Who would we be doing a favor by not discussing it?

The thing is Proelite gets his info 2nd or 3rd hand from within MS, not from third party devs.

I don't know where the other insiders get their info from but it could well be that the GAF insiders have info from within MS even devs don't know as of yet.

It was a similar case with the 8GB GDDR5 for PS4 rumours where devs didn't know but GAF insiders were in the loop?

Under the "news, not rumors" section, Major Nelson just posted this hot across the twitter wire 1 minute ago:

http://majornelson.com/2013/06/06/details-on-xbox-one-connectivity-licensing-and-privacy-features/

So basically used games and passing on of games is likely to be the same for ALL consoles since it is entirely up to the publishers.

None of it is benefiting Microsoft or being driven by Microsoft. Hence it isn't going to be limited to Microsoft.

It's interesting to note that it's quite possible that despite the internet uproar, Microsoft has been working on the side of gamer's all along. I'm quite sure Publishers would have preferred to not have the 10 family member thing. I'm sure they would have preferred not to have even one loaning of a game. Etc.

And that the internet uproar gave them more leverage against the Publishers to make the whole thing more user friendly.

Regards,
SB

There is a hell of a big difference between revealing the 8GB in Feb, and not revealing a 30% downclock 2 or 3 months before game teams aiming at launch will have to submit.
I'd be stunned IF it is happening and devs weren't aware at this point.

It'll be sad when inevitably nothing happens to him for being blatantly wrong when others where banned for much less.

Given thuway was the first to give us the exact memory bandwidths, ESRAM amount and system reservation - I think he can be allowed to get one thing wrong.

Unlike say Reiko he has done us speculators a huge favour by leaking valuable information in the past.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cboat used to leak the complete sales data for npd. Like I said before I been on both forums a long time and this would be the first wrong thing he put out there.

The real question is you have yield problem what would be the best way to fix it.

I take it as you can only loan a game out once, but the game is still yours to play regardless. If my gamertag was not already online all day, I might log on at a friends and let them play under my account instead of loaning it.

My impression was this was a form of gifting. Essentially transferring the license to them, clearly something you can only do once. It is not clear whether that friend can then gift it to someone else?!

Also for the family share deal, how is this enforced to be only family members? Surely the number 10 isn't designed to just accommodate those with 8 children?!

Do the family members accounts have to be linked to the purchaser's account somehow?!

Cboat used to leak the complete sales data for npd. Like I said before I been on both forums a long time and this would be the first wrong thing he put out there.

The real question is you have yield problem what would be the best way to fix it.

Nope. He said Dead Rising 3 was going to be revealed and an MS exclusive a looong time ago I think. Probably even he said it would be at last E3 I think? Still hasnt happened if it will.

That was his major snafu AFAIK.

I was trying to remember if he was a NPD leaker and thought he was...good to see it confirmed and my brain isn't totally retarded. I seem to remember those times.

Triple OS and 24h check means to me that piracy is defeated forever on xbox.. This and cloud can make xbox the lead platform of development, in my honest opinion
It's a smart move from Microsoft

Nd. A lot of android devices doesn't need external apps to share internet connection, just go into setting and put tethering on.
I use it often on my nexus

Given thuway was the first to give us the exact system bandwidths, ESRAM amount and system reservation - I think he can be allowed to get one thing wrong.

Unlike say Reiko he has done us speculators a huge favour by leaking valuable information in the past.

I would like to thank the jackass for PMing me that garbage.

But thanks for the troll.

He did get the cloud service part right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back