News & Rumors: Xbox One (codename Durango)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it back to back with their presentation ? They may need more time for the presentation.

Edit: or perhaps need a different venue (longer timeslot) to discuss recently cinched deals ?

https://twitter.com/stevetilley/status/342316565053722626
They say it's due to some changes in execs' schedules "including some external industry and partner sessions."

https://twitter.com/stevetilley/status/342323091332034560
My Xbox presser tweet is blowing up, yikes. AFAIK all other ivus/sessions are intact. Just the post-presser roundtable is dropped.

Where were you, and the 500 others, in the 5 million net arguments I've been in where everybody says power doesn't matter lol? You guys sure pick your spots and then disappear at all other times...

Sorry to disappoint.

I'm not some Sony fanboy that is looking to kick MS when they are down. I've been on xbox since day one with the original Halo even with the doubts at e3 that the framerate might struggle. (I was actually a Halo fan first, wanted to get it for PC before MS bought Bungie and made it exclusive)

Just seeing where MS is taking Xbox is like seeing a girlfriend choose to do destructive things in her life which you know will ruin her. At some point, it sucks, but you say enough is enough and find greener pastures.

I hate to be leaving what I considered to be the best gaming platform the past two gens.

But this spec prior to any downgrade rumors was already meh to begin with.

I just see others fighting harder for my gaming dollar.

/offtopic reply

Last edited by a moderator:
What MS needs to do is to spend as much as they have to on low yield initial manufacturing and keep the clocks unchanged. Whatever the cost.

he's not 100%, i want to say there was something he was wrong on before in the past.

but he IS a legit Rangers-approved insider.

but he still left wiggle room on clocks which is super annoying at the least.

it's almost makes me wonder if the insiders know theres no downclocking but want to leave the impression there is to troll or fit in with the masses.

I have never seen him to be wrong. I been on here and gaf for a long time.

What MS needs to do is to spend as much as they have to on low yield initial manufacturing and keep the clocks unchanged. Whatever the cost.

I agree. Even if it means a very limited launch. Yields will improve over time, clocks can't.

Am I meant to take a guy seriously who writes like THAT??

This whole thing is getting blown out of proportion, until a credible website writes and article this is just more of the same. There has been nothing but wild speculation regarding the XB1 up to and including impact that the cloud is going to have. To some degree its understandable as the business model still needs to be flushed out and proven but the lengths people are willing to go to discredit the hardware and in other cases the duplicity some are going to hide weaknesses that are well known is pretty alarming. I am actually surprised that so many are taking GAF seriously after all the bad info that has come out of there.........

If the rumor turns out to be true its likely we'll simply see a supply constrained platform at launch. The 360 and PS3 are virtually tied for hardware sales so in the long run it doesn't matter that much. This is a marathon not a foot race.

Don't agree. Best thing Microsoft could do right now is announce at E3 that the Xbox One is actually their 360 Mini and announce a 3TF powerhouse of a console as their gaming machine.

The P2B will drive this into ground as deep as possible as a lot egos and careers are connected with this direction.

Who needs TFlops when you can be the Big Flop.

P.S. Neogaf is really creative in creating dissing slogans:)

I have never seen him to be wrong. I been on here and gaf for a long time.

he was wrong on something. for some reason a resident evil is popping in my head. like he said a certain re title was exclusive and it wasn't.

i'm not going to research it but i know he was wrong once. not very helpful i know lol.

i agree he's a legit insider.

Not sure how they'll engineer something like that in less then a year.

They could if they used 100% off-the-shelf components.
And I really mean off-the-shelf, like a mini-ITX board with a Trinity/Richland, 8GB DDR3 and a low-profile PCI-Express HD7850, all soldered.

It would be a kick-in-the-nuts for the prospects of making it cheaper in the long run, but it would be a bit beyond the PS4 on graphics capabilities and CPU power. On GPGPU it would probably stay behind because of a lackluster bandwidth between CPU and GPU.

I guess that if decreasing the clocks is in the table, it's because the initial low yields would result in a massive shortage of stock for too long, which would give the PS4 too much of a head-start.

I hope Xbone undergoes a downgrade. It would make for some great internet.

Great popcorn internets indeed, but terrible for a competition-driven market in the long run..

This whole thing is getting blown out of proportion, until a credible website writes and article this is just more of the same. There has been nothing but wild speculation regarding the XB1 up to and including impact that the cloud is going to have. To some degree its understandable as the business model still needs to be flushed out and proven but the lengths people are willing to go to discredit the hardware and in other cases the duplicity some are going to hide weaknesses that are well known is pretty alarming. I am actually surprised that so many are taking GAF seriously after all the bad info that has come out of there.........
The problem is when someone credible says it, xbox fans will try and discredit it anyway. Even if Major Nelson said it I doubt it would be believed.

It's unrealistic to gain more than a few million units of a headstart in the first year. And even the PS3 has managed to catch up to the X360.

Dropping the clock speeds on the other hand would be a setback for nearly a decade.

the fact cboat didn't confirm the downclock on gaf...

more or less makes it likely he didnt confirm it off gaf...because he probably said something similar to what he said on gaf in some irc channel, and they quickly ran with it.

throws the whole thing into question again imo. it's back to "thuway said"

and bruceleeeroy is said to only have sony contacts.

matt was ambigous as well. we have no confirmation from legit insiders.

Great popcorn internets indeed, but terrible for a competition-driven market in the long run..

No kidding. People forget that Sony used to be just as mean and monopolistic as Microsoft's Xbox Division has become.

But this is what happens, they have to fall on their face and break their noses in the process before they get message.

he was wrong on something. for some reason a resident evil is popping in my head. like he said a certain re title was exclusive and it wasn't.

According to GAF, Remember Me was going to be announced as exclusive at E3 2012. Might've just been a deal that fell apart at the last moment, though, his being wrong.

P.S. what's up with this thread's tags?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back