News & Rumors: Xbox One (codename Durango)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That would be weird, since nobody does that.

The figures of a 7790(1,8 billion?)+ESRAM(1?)+Jaguar(0,8?) dont fit alone.Maybe the sound chip is near one billion?.Anyway after the teraflops claims of previous gen i could believe they are capable of anything for marketing purpouses.

Kinect and standard hard disk drives ruined Xbox.

All the bloatware to help justify the inclusion of both.

PS4 has bandwidth, performance, and low operating operating system footprint.

They must be including even the ddr3 memory transistors.
The numbers looks a bit on the high side but not unreasonable, if the 32MB ESRAM really is composed of some of standard 6T sram. That alone would be good for 1.5B transistors, the graphics part should be around 2B, which leaves another 1.5B for CPU and whatever else they've thrown in there. For comparison Tahiti isn't that much less (4.5B) though I guess the die would be quite large still (nothing packs as densely as sram but cpu should be less dense as gpu etc.).

The developer from Forza said the Operating System takes really small footprint considering all it does.. better wait before you claim such a thing.

The ESRAM is probably over 2, maybe even close to 2.4B. The 1.6B would only be the actual RAM cells, you still need the overhead to access each of them, that overhead can be another 40-50%.

I would also guess for a chip that large, there's a good deal of redundancy to increase yields, and I bet they're counting those transistors.

The developer from Forza said the Operating System takes really small footprint considering all it does.. better wait before you claim such a thing.

The fact it's mostly irrelevant to a gamer means its memory that could be used for something worthwhile, I don't know, like games.

OTOH, the most powerful machine has never won!

Specs is really somehow a dick-measuring contest.

PS4 seems to be more specialized for gaming whereas Xbox One is more general. One of these has a brighter future than the other...

There are still too many unknowns. MS seems to have lots of games coming and we still dont know the impact or the assistance of the whole cloud computing thing.

The Wired article appears to be a PR piece but I am curious about the 40nm versus 28nm that is being reported there and Engadget... any thoughts?

Also what about the 5B transistor count? Its been reported a couple of places that at the Major Nelson Reveal Recap that someone said the GPU could process 768 simultaneous operations which is inline with the leaks. Where could those 5B transistors allocated?

So it seems like most of the rumors from well sourced places were true. All the BS rumors look to be BS. Kind of disappointing, I was hoping for something that was truly a surprise. I guess the size and look of the box is a surprise considering how VCR shaped and glossy it is.

OTOH, the most powerful machine has never won!

Specs is really somehow a dick-measuring contest.

PS4 seems to be more specialized for gaming whereas Xbox One is more general. One of these has a brighter future than the other...

There are still too many unknowns. MS seems to have lots of games coming and we still dont know the impact or the assistance of the whole cloud computing thing.

Well.Digital foundry comparissons will be quite boring this gen at least.But one thing we have to take into account is that in Europe (not UK at least) the tv services and the remaining of the non gaming MS strategy doesnt matter a shit.

I thought I was doing something good for GAF and for some of you guys on B3D if you were reading it, I guess the plan was to feed me false info to get me banned. You never can trust anybody these days. If anyone on GAF wants to know, that's the true story. I'm done.

Sorry to hear that Reiko. Are you perma banned?

Sorry to hear that Reiko. Are you perma banned?

Yeah. GAF has a great community, for the limited time I was there I've met some great people. It won't be the same not cracking jokes with you guys in the OT anymore.

Thanks for the fun times. I figured it would never last.

Yeah. GAF has a great community, for the limited time I was there I've met some great people. It won't be the same not cracking jokes with you guys in the OT anymore.

Thanks for the fun times. I figured it would never last.

Again very sorry to hear that. You will be missed. It looks like someone set you up.

Again very sorry to hear that. You will be missed. It looks like someone set you up.

Could you PM Respawn? Tell him I never meant to mislead anyone. I thought I was sharing genuine information.

Also PM Y2Kev. Tell him it's been fun. Thanks for the good times on GAF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back