News & Rumors: Xbox One (codename Durango)

Status
Not open for further replies.
in reality I'sure about nothing and what I continue to say is to wait the 21 before claim anything. but you, interference and Cjail are obsessed repeating that xbox is 1.2 GF and inferior to PS4.

who seems fair, who seems unfair?

blizzard and ubisoft are not credible source for you, but you two want to make people think that you both know things for sure.

Yeah, you're more credible than blizzard and ubisoft employers when talking of internal informations. Sure.

Wow, wow wait.
I never said Xbox was inferior, actually I defended its design since I come here.
Check this post I made.

And I only said that we should just stick to DF and VGleaks because they are reliable and their info have been confirmed.
Nobody has confirmed the other rumors.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm not sure, I do remember that I didn't initially think the subscription model was a good option - maybe because it was $15 rather than $10 a month.

If its $15 that's a ripoff, $160 more than buying it outright.

I'd think MS would be better off going with the $10 subscription so a lot of people take it up - their real plan for the sub might be to make money when the subscription expires in 2 years and the Live membership autorenewal bills the credit card associated with the console for another year of Live at full price, since they'd know most people wouldn't realise or bother to turn off the autorenewal.

The bloody thing even got me once; the only reason I didn't pay was because I had lost my credit card in the interim so it had been cancelled and didn't work. Though that only caused them to ban me from Live and when I tried calling up to renew my membership using a (much cheaper) prepaid card, they refused to unban me until I paid the full amount originally billed. I only got them to accept the prepaid card after kicking up a fuss.

It is only $160 more if you never intended on purchasing Live therefore making your cost only $499. However, if you did purchase two years of Live your cost now goes to $619 making the subsidized model only $40 more expensive at $659.

Tomorrow is either going to be momentous in it's defiance of all sane reason, or momentous in its lack of anything interesting.
I'm swedish, we don't believe in stark extremes; we're the country of "lagom", and "middle milk". I want to believe the xbox reveal lands somewhere inbetween insanity and boredom, after all we will get to see the controller (if we didn't it would be truly insane, yes), we will very likely get to see the casing too considering MS taunted sony for not showing theirs back in february.

There may be a moderate bump in specs - I would vote for slightly cranked clock speed myself if anything is changed at all, 12GB RAM is just too far out there as an idea, and GDDR5, 64MB on-die SRAM, and 20 CUs as has been raved would be utter madness and pretty much simply impossible, considering beta kits didn't have any of that and the total lack of credible leaks pointing in this direction.

So it's gonna be a good show, methinks. Anyone has a CET timestamp for when it kicks off? My dad's coming for a visit so I just may miss the live broadcast. Maybe just as well, if the live stream will be as glitchy as the PS4 stream was reported to be by some.

It is only $160 more if you never intended on purchasing Live therefore making your cost only $499. However, if you did purchase two years of Live your cost now goes to $619 making the subsidized model only $40 more expensive at $659.

Ok, it's not exactly a rip-off, but I pay around $40 a year for Xbox Live so, for me at least, it'll still be $70-80 more expensive than buying it outright

Ok, it's not exactly a rip-off, but I pay around $40 a year for Xbox Live so, for me at least, it'll still be $70-80 more expensive than buying it outright

I know a bunch of people get deals I'm just not one of them. I buy all my points from the console (which I guess is going away soon) and my subs. Keep in mind though that I had an Gold Family account so all of these are much cheaper for me since those ran $100/year.

Also, since I'm a multi-console (though same manufacturer) household the subscription model makes it easy for me to spend more on games now than just hardware. What has me paused on number of systems or a system at all is the plan for me buying one single-player only game and the ability to use it on each of the consoles along with what happens to the literal thousands and thousands I've spent in the 360 eco-system as I'd prefer to hand-down the two 360's we have. Maybe one could stay but I'm limited in space on my home theatre rack.

Keep in mind that any time you finance something, you always pay more whether its a car, a house, or a loan for school. Unless you can pay for something all at once, interest will find you and take money out of your wallet.

But it's not a ripoff, just that if you are impatient, you will always pay more in the long run. Such is life.

"Illumiroom" must be one of the dumbest ideas in gaming I've ever seen, together with the nintendo virtual boy and a precious few others. Expensive, distracting, power-hogging and simply pointless, there's no redeeming qualities about that junk whatsoever.

There might be no spec reveals whatsoever...

I know what you're saying Shifty but it just doesn't sound like they're going to be hiding the specs. In fact it sounds like they can't wait to share the whole story about their hardware and how it was made.

Greenberg further explained that the reason Microsoft chose to invite media to its headquarters for the announcement was so that they could get an "inside look" into how the platform came to life, directly from the developers who designed it.

"People are going to get a great inside look at really the making of the new platform and the team that's brought it to life. To be honest, it's really about the team, the people here," Greenberg said. "That's why we're inviting people to campus. We're going to bring them behind the scenes a little bit. We've never done this before and it's really exciting to be able to do that. It's a lot of laying the foundation. Just a couple weeks later we go to E3."

http://m.gamespot.com/news/microsoft-promises-tons-of-xbox-exclusives-6408572/

Interesting if it´s true.

Anyway, Thurrot seems patcher this days, contradicting himself:

-Online required, then no
-10$ or 15$, now it´s been scraped

Didn´t see its value outside USA, no way consoles can be compared to smartphones :devilish:

I don't get exclusive deals, just shop around online or wait til they have their promotional Gold membership sales on Xbox Live and extend my subscription.

According to Tom Warren though, the $15 monthly subscription is a family deal:
https://twitter.com/tomwarren/status/330328191078121473

So that improves the value somewhat.

If a family gold membership is normally $100 a year then the sub offers allows you to amortize a portion of the hardware cost over two years while obtaining the hardware at a discount.

$499 + $200 (2 years of family gold membership) > $299 + $360 (sub cost for 2 years at $15 a month).

The full priced sku is only cheaper for those that don't want a gold member or only a single user gold membership.

Very strange...$499 for a 1.23 TF console made no sense.

Sony is in no position to absorb heavy losses so Microsoft is going to undercut them perhaps. Microsoft will probably be a $100 cheaper.

If a family gold membership is normally $100 a year then the sub offers allows you to amortize a portion of the hardware cost over two years while obtaining the hardware at a discount.

$499 + $200 (2 years of family gold membership) > $299 + $360 (sub cost for 2 years at $15 a month).

The full priced sku is only cheaper for those that don't want a gold member or only a single user gold membership.

Sorry to throw a monkey wrench in the works, but in the US you only receive a 12 month warranty. With a subsidized plan you would receive a 24 month warranty. If I remember right an additional 12 month warranty directly from Microsoft was $40.

Tommy McClain

"Illumiroom" must be one of the dumbest ideas in gaming I've ever seen, together with the nintendo virtual boy and a precious few others. Expensive, distracting, power-hogging and simply pointless, there's no redeeming qualities about that junk whatsoever.

I guess that explains the the tent. They will Illumiroom up the whole place.

Sony is in no position to absorb heavy losses so Microsoft is going to undercut them perhaps. Microsoft will probably be a $100 cheaper.

Neither side wants to take heavy losses, they both played that game already this gen. MS should imo come in cheaper. But who knows what their true BOM is with a Kinect 2.0 included.

Last edited by a moderator:

I wonder if this recent change of strategy (giving past leaks some credibility), now allowing used games, online strict policy, scraping subsidized model, means as well upped specs :?:

Well, just 24h for the truth (if Bauer doesn´t break into the tent before :LOL:)

I strongly agree that if the specs and price macth the leaks, it´ll be an easy round for Sony this time

You need to learn to separate how you value a particular product from how the market might potentially value that product. I, too, see no real value in illumiroom as the potential cost of the feature doesnt really justify the feature for me. However if for some reason MS is able to profitably sell millions of units to a subset of the overall usersbase than for MS it's win.

A SDTV projector can probably be sold for less than the price of Kinect when it was launched.

Let's be honest , even if it's $100 cheaper , would you bother ?
(assuming the rumors are true).

Sorry to throw a monkey wrench in the works, but in the US you only receive a 12 month warranty. With a subsidized plan you would receive a 24 month warranty. If I remember right an additional 12 month warranty directly from Microsoft was $40.

Tommy McClain

Then it means the sub plan is even cheaper and the only difference between a sub purchase and a full price 360 with two years of single user gold and an extra year of warranty is $0. Basically you save nothing while not being able to accommodate additional users.

The $500 seems more suited for those who do not plan to make use of a gold membership and aren't affected by the potential prospect of their console failing within two years but outside the warranty period.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back