News & Rumors: Xbox One (codename Durango)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a comprehensive list of the games that are known will be released on the console.

Human Element (2015)
Tom Clancy's Rainbow 6: Patriots (2013)
Watch Dogs (2013)
Star Wars 1313 (2013)
Destiny (2013)
Beyond Good and Evil 2 (launch date yet to be revealed)
Dragon Age III: Inquisition (2014)
Cyberpunk 2077 (2015)
The Witcher 3 (2014)
Whore of the Orient (unknown release date)
Thief (2014)
Battlefield 4 -not known launch date for now-
Assassin's Creed 4 -same as the previous game-

Hmmmmmm, four launch games. It doesn't sound bad.

http://www.oxm.co.uk/51167/features...n-one-place/?cid=OTC-RSS&attr=OXM-General-RSS

Only the price;) No one is interested in the kinect (every game for this device is a sales flop) and the same goes for W8.For me is "jump out" after 10 years of xbox too underpowered.

BS from your side.

Plenty of Kinect games has sold very good.

Also, if you look at their design you can guess that ita cost far less to do a well selling Kinect Game than a well selling Hardcore Game.

And if no one was interested in Kinect, why the good sales?

I think this is one of the more awesome overlooked aspects of Durango. It sounds like a huge performance boon all around, and done in a virtually painless fashion.

Finally all the talk of mandatory HDD increasing performance, that didn't really happen this gen, should.

This and it eliminates the need to duplicate data on the BD itself saving a bit of work for the dev team. Ideally this means more useable disc space for assets, if 50gb becomes not enough in the future.

Interesting. This also means that, depending on your internet bandwidth, you can buy a digital game and start playing it almost immediately while the rest of the game downloads in the background. I think this means that games will be released simultaneously in digital and physical copy. I really can't wait for next gen to arrive.

BS from your side.

Plenty of Kinect games has sold very good.

Also, if you look at their design you can guess that ita cost far less to do a well selling Kinect Game than a well selling Hardcore Game.

And if no one was interested in Kinect, why the good sales?

Only Dance Central e kinect sport(that comes bundled with the device) have good sales.The rest were flops.Last of this flop Fable the Journey;)
Imho MS bet everything on the price 299/349 $ the kinect is not a selling point for users core that led to the success the xbox.

Interesting. This also means that, depending on your internet bandwidth, you can buy a digital game and start playing it almost immediately while the rest of the game downloads in the background. I think this means that games will be released simultaneously in digital and physical copy. I really can't wait for next gen to arrive.

I don't think this will be possible unless MS has some Onlive type tech we haven't heard about.

It should work as recent blizzards starcraft2,WoW installers. After downloading miniumum data required to play you are able to do that while rest is downloading in the background. Personally i like it more then current solution installing whole dvd/BD to hdd before playing.
I cant undersatnd whole rage on forums about that. I think its good idea.
Aslo downloading patches etc while "always on" sounds cool to. When i come back from work i will have already latest patches new mapps and son on installed just grab a beer and play. I like!

It should work as recent blizzards starcraft2,WoW installers. After downloading miniumum data required to play you are able to do that while rest is downloading in the background. Personally i like it more then current solution installing whole dvd/BD to hdd before playing.
I cant undersatnd whole rage on forums about that. I think its good idea.
Aslo downloading patches etc while "always on" sounds cool to. When i come back from work i will have already latest patches new mapps and son on installed just grab a beer and play. I like!

Some people are interpreting "always on, always connected" to mean the console cannot be used offline at all, which I think is an error in reading comprehension. It could end up being that way, but that isn't implied in that quotation.

It would definitely be nice if game devs can push game updates so you come home to the latest and greatest without having to update anything before you play. This is especially true of larger updates.

I think this is one of the more awesome overlooked aspects of Durango. It sounds like a huge performance boon all around, and done in a virtually painless fashion.

Finally all the talk of mandatory HDD increasing performance, that didn't really happen this gen, should.

I wonder how happy people will be if the disc is no longer useful and able to be resold or lent to a friend. ;)

While MS was talking about integrating next box with other deivces like phones and win8 and so on , it would be nice if you could have full controll over what is happening on your box . For example while you are on vacation or away from home game X is 50% cheaper or something like that you just clik on phone buy and download and bam installed.
Also pre ordering games would be nice to, the moment game is realased you are able to play.

And what I think is escaping most people about Kinect is that Microsoft requiring it for the use of the console doesn't mean they are going to force the thing down your throat in every single game that you might play, but simply that they want it to be a core part of the user experience of their next console.

I'm sure if it doesn't interest you any, you can by all means stick to exclusive use of the controller.

Even though there are certainly instances where it will be used for games, I think Kinect will mostly be used as a popular consumer device. Something that you use more often to control and navigate your way around your new Xbox and possibly even your television programming in cool or interesting ways than you are busy using it to play every game that gets released.

Kinect as a device guaranteed to be more widely adopted by consumers can be quite big and is something I can easily see catching on. Just because they require Kinect be connected for the console to work doesn't mean that it's purpose is to somehow allow Microsoft to spy on you in your boxers, or to somehow kill the use of controllers in our games. I can see it being used to instantly recognize and then sign in specific users, for example, without their having to go through a list to find their name and sign in. This would obviously be less necessary on a console where only a single person uses it, but I think you all get the idea. And I think it would be nice to instantly go to certain menus of interest by telling the Xbox to go to that specific menu rather than physically wading through a list of menu options before I get to what I'm actually interested in. Is this necessary? Probably not, but it would be nice.

Last edited by a moderator:
VGLeaks just dropped us another gift: http://www.vgleaks.com/durango-xdk/

That last screen (if true) confirms a few things:

8) There will be changes to the controller to make it appeal to the noncore gamer (we have no idea what that means, but lets not assume the worst).

Discuss!

I dont read the last bullet as changes to appeal to the non-core gamer at all. In fact, ergonomics and latency reduction are, to me at least, upgrades targeted directly at the core gamer. Casuals really don't care about either of those things as they are equally average with a controller regardless of its ergonomics, while the power user perceives (or realizes) an advantage when using a more ergonomic one.

Also the last item says "simplified system interactions", which is probably more around the guide button or scrolling through the content panes, etc. I don't see any of this as moving more towards a wiimote but building on the existing design from a feel and performance standpoint. This is decidedly "core gamer" and good news for those who like the current controller.

Only Dance Central e kinect sport(that comes bundled with the device) have good sales.The rest were flops.Last of this flop Fable the Journey;)
Imho MS bet everything on the price 299/349 $ the kinect is not a selling point for users core that led to the success the xbox.

- Kinect: Disneyland Adventures
- Kinect Sports: Season Two
- Kinect Sports
- Kinectimals
- Kinect Star Wars
- Kinect Joy Ride
- Dance Central
- Dance Central 2
- Just Dance 3
- Zumba Fitness

All of the 100% Kinect games that sold over 1 milion units on a userbase less then 20 million (Bases that Kinect has sold around 20 million).

And as I said - the production cost for Kinect games is most likley waaaaay less than normal hardcore games. So break-even can be reach much faster.

There is much crap, sure. But there are equally bad games on the hardcore side. But based on that Kinect arrived late and is not mandatory I would say that is fairly succesfull based on units sold and also games sold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back