Assassin's Creed 3

I haven't played AC:R yet so I can neither agree nor disagree with you.

I was just assuming that Desmond wouldn't be there though.

I couldn't see how a North American indian could possibly be related to Demond, hence the DNA memories link ;-)

I couldn't see how a North American indian could possibly be related to Demond, hence the DNA memories link ;-)
Well, you see, when two people really love each other...

On second though, maybe you it's best you ask your parents about this one. :p

console shots -directfeed
0793b8a9578d44cb5d3f706a5870c81e.jpg

f2f823bd14323df382eccb7b47f0ed5a.jpg

a7f5c9272f14bae40263e0f1a1b2b8d0.jpg

12dce1b460b53114fc599994d9d0c21d.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The way the dead gentleman is peeking into the frame in the second picture has a really Monty Python-esque quality to it.
Looks a bit shit otherwise, though.

This looks shit to you - on 7-years old hardware? Are we looking at the same pictures? Granted, they're compressed to hell, but the jump from the AC2 series' graphics is quite evident.

Their probably not the greatest showcase shots in the world so I'll reserve judgement but from those shots alone it doesn't look anywhere near the PC version of Revelations. I've no idea of the gap between PC and console Revelations though, maybe they should have released PC shots?

The way the dead gentleman is peeking into the frame in the second picture has a really Monty Python-esque quality to it.
Looks a bit shit otherwise, though.

Forgve me but how many games do you know with the same level of crowd in the picture with better graphic? I'm talking even on pc... appears pretty impressive to me, especially on the ps3 hardware where lack of the unified shader give more than a problem. I ever appreciate what ubi reach on sony console without almost zero comprimise compared to 360. One of the best example of multiplat job without any doubt, It's almost ironic to remember how was the first AC on the ps3 & how they are grown thanks their passion..

The images just look bad is all. Flat lighting, no sense of depth, bad textures (which I'm hoping are just a result of image compression here)
@assurdum: I don't give a damn about technical whiz-bang if the end result looks like crap. Never have. Never will.

@pjbliverpool: performance aside, the gap is in fact near non-existent. Compared to these 3 screens, Revelations looks loads better.

The images just look bad is all. Flat lighting, no sense of depth, bad textures (which I'm hoping are just a result of image compression here)
@assurdum: I don't give a damn about technical whiz-bang if the end result looks like crap. Never have. Never will.
@pjbliverpool: performance aside, the gap is in fact near non-existent. Compared to these 3 screens, Revelations looks loads better.

Forgive me again but the game use an evolution of the AC engine, how can to worsen compared to Revelations? :???: what did you said is completely unfaith & sounds like a nonsense to me, I can't see anything of worse even the last pictures leaked aren't exactly a good example of a flawless capture... I'll be waiting something of more 'concrete' to have so much reserve to the graphic of the game...

People think this looks amazing but criticize the crap out of Crysis 3? :p

Dont get me wrong, it looks good.

Don't get me wrong too, but I'm curious now: how many games with the same number of NPC's show better graphic even on a pc? People needs to stop to criticize the graphic without use the brain (I'm not refer to you). To me is really impressive, I noticed too how the vsync appears pretty stable & I know how big is that problem in the AC series especially on console.

I bought AC Revelations on PSN on Sunday, and I just can't get into it. The setting and the characters just aren't appealing, and what little story there is moves along at a leaden pace. Thanks to the game's utter failure to engage me with its presentation, all the mechanical flaws are really coming to the forefront. The combat is just fucking abysmal, and the context sensitive one-button-does-a-hundred-things-control system can be downright infuriating. I played the game for 90 minutes or so, and I can't remember the last time a game had such a negative impact on my disposition. I was comlpetely pissed afterwards.

I really hope ACIII will be more than a mere change in setting, because honestly, gameplay-wise the series is utter shit.

I bought AC Revelations on PSN on Sunday, and I just can't get into it. The setting and the characters just aren't appealing, and what little story there is moves along at a leaden pace. Thanks to the game's utter failure to engage me with its presentation, all the mechanical flaws are really coming to the forefront. The combat is just fucking abysmal, and the context sensitive one-button-does-a-hundred-things-control system can be downright infuriating. I played the game for 90 minutes or so, and I can't remember the last time a game had such a negative impact on my disposition. I was comlpetely pissed afterwards.

I really hope ACIII will be more than a mere change in setting, because honestly, gameplay-wise the series is utter shit.
Don't hold back, tell us what you _really_ feel...

I have to agree with you on the one-button controls, the number of times I've pulled someone off their horse while I was moving through a crowd trying not to be noticed is very annoying.

However, since I play games mainly for storyline, and the gameplay usually just gets in my way, it wasn't any different to the annoyances of every other game I've played. (Put it this way, I watched the Uncharted "movies" on youtube, so now I have no inclination to play the game, I got what I wanted out of it)

Why not just watch movies then? Usually 10 times better in terms of story (even the bad ones) and no bothersome gameplay between plot points.

Anyways, I guess I'm simply surprised about how much I dislike Revelations. I really liked ACII and Brotherhood, and I remember enjoying them not just for their stories. Maybe all the added pretty details which clutter Istanbul get in the way of the parcour stuff. AC's controls always caused me to do things I didn't really intend to do, but never to such an extent.
I also think that all the (mostly pointless) filler material Ubi kept injecting into the games over the years is really starting to dilute the core gameplay.

That Assassin's Creed Encyclopedia my co-worker got me from Ubi's E3 PK is awesome, by the way.

Why not just watch movies then? Usually 10 times better in terms of story (even the bad ones) and no bothersome gameplay between plot points.

Anyways, I guess I'm simply surprised about how much I dislike Revelations. I really liked ACII and Brotherhood, and I remember enjoying them not just for their stories. Maybe all the added pretty details which clutter Istanbul get in the way of the parcour stuff. AC's controls always caused me to do things I didn't really intend to do, but never to such an extent.
I also think that all the (mostly pointless) filler material Ubi kept injecting into the games over the years is really starting to dilute the core gameplay.

That Assassin's Creed Encyclopedia my co-worker got me from Ubi's E3 PK is awesome, by the way.
Why play D&D instead of just reading the DragonLance novels? Because I like the interactivity and being involved in the story. I'd have preferred to play the uncharted games, but don't have a PS3.

I agree about the filler, the tower defense minigame was highly annoying, and I _like_ tower defense. The AC3 guys say they've removed most of that stuff.

After watching the gameplay demo at E2 , my interest has gone back to zero. Its the same old AC :( . The trailers suggested a complete revamp, but replace buildings with trees and make th emonkey run around on them. Bah ! Its the same'ol same'ol !

Back