Motorstorm RC (PS3 and Vita)

"(yes Antan, I'm pretty sure you're coming to get me ) "

Who me?! i really have no idea what your talking about........*cough....

And not just for you from the looks of my friends list. :D

I now have 15 other people on the score list (you're not on it yet I think) and I think that's a record for me. The lowest player is ranked 109853, so that means there are at least 110k downloads for this game, which seems pretty decent, and the Vita version being free the US for the time being, likely to grow a bit more. I hope the game keeps on doing well also in the paying areas ;) ...

I am still fairly comfortably in the lead of veryone, which is also a first. And it's quite cool to be somewhere in the top 200 for a game that has 100.000 people listed, although it doesn't really mean that much either.

I also got two direct challenges (as in challenge messages) from people on my friends list challenging me to beat specific races, which I didn't even know was possible.

mate, your times are insane! I thought I was doing fairly well - top of my friends - but I'm miles behind you!

Odd tho, you may have said - are you PS3 only? I don't get your times on my PSV - only the PS3!?

Installed the patch and then after having chased times for a while Ihad my first ever Vita lockup, had to hard reset. Tsssk.

Installed the patch and then after having chased times for a while Ihad my first ever Vita lockup, had to hard reset. Tsssk.

I'll grab the update aswell. FYI all my times are on Vita. Not actually dloaded the PS3 version yet.

lol, I've been busting a gut to get artic edge races down to 10 seconds thinking there must be a bug (as I have all the others set this one is stuck at just over 11) - not only that but I'm ranked 618 or something so I'm like - WTH!?

Anyway, the target is only 12 secs so I can relax...I'm really close to 40 sec overall now, can't wait for the extra track DLC - day one without a doubt!

I've also been playing this quite a bit on Vita and challenging Arwin's times. I don't think I have many more of you on PSN so feel free to add me: catisfit.

I really like the game, my only issue with it is the Wall Brawl trophy - you have to beat 10 times through the Pitwall (i.e. PSN times list). This would be ace if it listed all the tracks which your friends were ahead of you on, but for me it lists the aliens at the top of the leaderboard which I have no hope of beating - I am now ranked #9 in the world on Wave Breaker trying to beat one of these times and I'm still 0.7s slower than it! Basically I have absolutely no hope of beating any of these times and therefore of getting the Platinum. Had I deliberately posted a slow time then I could have done it easily...

If I beat one of your times now it should show up with some priority, so we should be able to work this out. I had a similar issue and just sent a friend request to someone close to me on the leaderboards. He accepted and beat two of my times within 30 mins and I took them back and presto, the plat was mine.

Arwin, how come my ranking is still below yours even though im ahead of your times? FYI, i've only done 2 of the Apocalypse races, do i need to do them all before my actual ranking is calculated? Or are there other factors which affect rankings?

Arwin, how come my ranking is still below yours even though im ahead of your times? FYI, i've only done 2 of the Apocalypse races, do i need to do them all before my actual ranking is calculated? Or are there other factors which affect rankings?

I find there's a bit of a delay. Though I think yesterday night I did pass you again. You were like one second below me and I shaved off two seconds of a race chasing catisfit's time ...

Catisfit is now like a minute faster than me though so looks like I can kiss my friend's leadership status goodbye until I kick him off my friend's list. ;) (which I won't of course)

ok mate, well as of yesterday you were only ahead in one race out of them all, so i'll have to have a looksy!

ok mate, well as of yesterday you were only ahead in one race out of them all, so i'll have to have a looksy!

Pants, so I added you guys and now I'm gonna be 3rd in the friends list (when Antan accepts)! lol

I don't know how much more time I can shave off the times, I'm also now worries about getting the pitwall trophy - I'm concentrating on that but I rarely get a time to beat that I can get close to :(

(P.S. I have more than 2 friends with MS RC! ;))

EDIT - Arwin/Antan/anyone who loves this - look up Generally (http://gene-rally.com/) it's a great free(ware) PC game that plays very much like this - completely customisable tho fixed to one screen. You can set it up so a track can take a couple of mins to race around so you can imagine the mods that have been happening (full F1 season to a quick race similar in play to MS RC) - there's 1000s of tracks - give it a try

Last edited by a moderator:
Pants, so I added you guys and now I'm gonna be 3rd in the friends list (when Antan accepts)! lol

I don't know how much more time I can shave off the times, I'm also now worries about getting the pitwall trophy - I'm concentrating on that but I rarely get a time to beat that I can get close to :(

(P.S. I have more than 2 friends with MS RC! ;))

EDIT - Arwin/Antan/anyone who loves this - look up Generally (http://gene-rally.com/) it's a great free(ware) PC game that plays very much like this - completely customisable tho fixed to one screen. You can set it up so a track can take a couple of mins to race around so you can imagine the mods that have been happening (full F1 season to a quick race similar in play to MS RC) - there's 1000s of tracks - give it a try

No friends request yet Gaz....

I've also been playing this quite a bit on Vita and challenging Arwin's times. I don't think I have many more of you on PSN so feel free to add me: catisfit.

I really like the game, my only issue with it is the Wall Brawl trophy - you have to beat 10 times through the Pitwall (i.e. PSN times list). This would be ace if it listed all the tracks which your friends were ahead of you on, but for me it lists the aliens at the top of the leaderboard which I have no hope of beating - I am now ranked #9 in the world on Wave Breaker trying to beat one of these times and I'm still 0.7s slower than it! Basically I have absolutely no hope of beating any of these times and therefore of getting the Platinum. Had I deliberately posted a slow time then I could have done it easily...

I think I caught one or two of your times ... See if they show up? I had lots of friends times now on my leaderboards.

Also, I was driving when someone on my list was also setting times, and sometimes that new time would pop up 'live' in the bottom right corner, with some sound effect. Distracted me a little at first, pretty cool anyway.

Pro-Am DLC already this week apparently!

EDIT:

Featuring an all-new Festival set in an impressive skatepark with 16 challenging events, 4 new tracks, 8 new vehicles and 4 PlayStation Trophies to collect!

The "Pro-Am" Expansion Pack will be available to download from PlayStation®Store this week for £2.49/€2.99/$2.99 "pay once get both" dual purchase on PlayStation®3 & PlayStation®Vita.

The best DLC would be a Third Person camera like in ReVolt ! :D

That's an interesting point, but they'll probably need to design a few special tracks for that.

EDIT: They could use a Virtua Tennis style fps camera from the perspective of the 'driver' (as in the guy standing beside the track holding the remote) that you can move around to follow the car ... :D Could be pretty cool actually, even if it isn't how I'd want to play the game most of the time, it'd still be great fun. Could also make for an interesting 'link' mode between the Vita and PS3 versions.

The best DLC would be a Third Person camera like in ReVolt ! :D

That's an interesting point, but they'll probably need to design a few special tracks for that.

EDIT: They could use a Virtua Tennis style fps camera from the perspective of the 'driver' (as in the guy standing beside the track holding the remote) that you can move around to follow the car ... Could be pretty cool actually, even if it isn't how I'd want to play the game most of the time, it'd still be great fun. Could also make for an interesting 'link' mode between the Vita and PS3 versions.

It's also fun to watch a few real RC vids on youtube. All the types you find in the game can be found there basically (and vice versa). Cool stuff. This one looks a little like the DLC in terms of track difficulty (not in terms of polish). All of them give me a good impression that Motorstorm RC is quite (very actually) realistic.

Back