Starting a new job at Imagination/PowerVR

Arun

Unknown.
Legend
I'm excited to have very recently (aka one week ago on Monday!) started work at Imagination Technologies (PowerVR) under the official title of Business Development Engineer, thus making Rys one step closer to his lifelong dream of hiring everyone at Beyond3D to work at Imagination. I'm working in the Competitive & Performance Analysis team under Rys (managed by Kristof who is hopefully still familiar name to quite a few of you) and alongside Rodéric. Now that I think about it I'm not 100% sure I can even publicly say I work in C&PA, but it should be blindingly obvious and since all of my bosses are [strike]belong to us[/strike] off to Spain to be surrounded by mobile internet devices, I'm sure there's no way this information will ever travel 1500km to reach them, so I should be safe.

It's been a very fun ride at Beyond3D but actually the ride isn't over yet! I'll still be writing articles on subjects unrelated to PowerVR technology at Beyond3D as time allows, including one article on the future of handheld CPUs & heterogeneous multiprocessing - it's basically done, and I'm just waiting for all the craziness of Mobile World Congress to be over before putting it in the CMS and publishing it. There's also another NDAed article which is now completely out of my hands but will hopefully be published eventually. And obviously the site is still in very good hands under Alex Voicu who I'll be glad to continue supporting alongside the rest of the Beyond3D team in any way I can. And obviously I'd very much like to thank them for supporting me over the years as well.

I will also continue posting on the forums although obviously I will only be speaking for myself. I should still be careful about what I say though - for example, I may or may not be legally unable to either confirm or deny whether any confidential information was implied in some of these messages between Imagination employees: http://forum.beyond3d.com/showthread.php?t=61279 ;) And while I'm very confident in our technology, I should also say (as someone who also interviewed at a competitor and strongly considered accepting their offer) that this is a competitive market where lots of really smart engineers from a lot of different companies are designing many interesting products - otherwise I couldn't possibly get paid for doing this kind of job! So there's no need to be a PowerVR fanboy on this forum just because me and Rys work at IMG, it's much more useful to us if you engage in deep and unbiased analysis so that we can steal it for our own purposes (i.e. enjoy reading it and being indirectly influenced by it - just like everyone else who loves the Beyond3D forums)

And I really should thank everyone at Beyond3D not just for being a great and absurdly knowledgeable community, but also for coping with me when I started posting here nearly ten(!) years ago. I don't think there could have been any better place for me to start learning about 3D Graphics architectures back then, or even today for that matter. And I hope that continues to be the case for a very long time.

Congrats!

Rys is the Oprah of Beyond3d. "You get a job, you get a job; everybody gets a job!"

Never mind Rys - doesn't anyone want to work in PR? I've had an open hire since November.

David Harold
Imagination

I'm getting the impression there's a lot of you guys analyzing performance, but John and Simon get stuck doing all the work designing the chips. :smile:

Seriously though, good luck. It's like a second Renaissance in graphics with all of the competitors these days.

I will also continue posting on the forums although obviously I will only be speaking for myself. I should still be careful about what I say though - for example, I may or may not be legally unable to either confirm or deny whether any confidential information was implied in some of these messages between Imagination employees: http://forum.beyond3d.com/showthread.php?t=61279 ;)
Ssshhh. There is no such thing as pie/cake club. You run the risk of being battered.

So there's no need to be a PowerVR fanboy on this forum just because me and Rys work at IMG, it's much more useful to us if you engage in deep and unbiased analysis so that we can steal it for our own purposes (i.e. enjoy reading it and being indirectly influenced by it - just like everyone else who loves the Beyond3D forums).

Here's the deal: if the financial situation in this neck of woods gets times worse than it is, keep some low level spot free for me. That way I'll be forced to shut up anyway :p

Finally I really should thank a lot of people individually, but I'm hopeless at this stuff, so I'd like to non-individually apologise to everyone I should have individually thanked - you know who you are, or at least I hope you do! And I really should thank everyone at Beyond3D not just for being a great and absurdly knowledgeable community, but also for coping with me when I started posting here nearly ten(!) years ago. I don't think there could have been any better place for me to start learning about 3D Graphics architectures back then, or even today for that matter. And I hope that continues to be the case for a very long time.

I didn't know that IMG has red carpets. I guess your pet should be offended for not thanking it, but on a serious note congratulations man you really deserve it.

Nice one, been to the kings Langley headquarters a few times, looks like a wonderful place to work, with many highly enthuased personal and in HY you have an inspirational leader with amazing forward vision for where the market is going, and where it needs to go.

Kinda jealous

Wow - late to the party again, but nonetheless: Congrats Arun! The competition will have an even harder time now trying to hide their secret-sauced fairy dust from you guys. :)

Back