Atx case with vesa mount for monitor

fehu

Veteran
I want to build a compact and cheap desktop, so i looked for atx with vesa holes to mount the monitor and keep it compact and simple.
I found only mini itx cases utilizing mini itx boards and slim hdd and dvd drive, nice but too expensive.

In the end i'e found this from chieftec
http://www.xoxide.com/chieftec-bravo-case-vesa.html
yhst-39083765508394_2195_115637461

cheap simple and perfect, but is out of production and can't be found in europe :S
Do you know something similar that i can buy maybe online?

I evaluated this option too, but i have the fear that the lateral panel isn't rigid enough, or that the weight is too much on top-side making it fall on the keyboard :S

LCD panels usually don't weigh all that much, but if you still worry just stick some ballast in the bottom of the chassis to keep it from tipping over. The side panel can be reinforced with either large-diameter washers or a piece of sheet metal used as backing on the inside of the door panel if you got a drill with the appropriate diameter (just copy the mounting holes from the mount, it shouldn't be too hard.)

Instead of ballast I'd just bolt the whole case to a some kind of plate that extends out under the monitor. Something like this:
Code:
 ____
|    | |
|    |-|
|    | |
|    |
|____|
_|__|___
It would be a LOT more stable.

If it's an aluminum case you're going to need a fair bit of structural reinforcing for the sidepanel of the case.

If it's a steel sided case and the monitor is 20" or larger you'll probably still want some structural reinforcing. Although it might be OK-ish with LED backlit monitors. But you'd still want at least some reinforcing or the side panel will bulge over time.

Regards,
SB

thanks to all
i think that the case will be really light because i'm going for cheap mb and llano, so my worries
i still have to buy a case, and was looking for something with the solutions built in
I prefer something that just work instead to search weights and metal plates, so searched for the right case, but if i can't found i'll go for the diy way

I think the opposite an expnsive case would be light because it would be aluminium, a cheap case would be steel

Maybe you should try going the other way - attach a case to a monitor. If you find a nice ITX mobo, that should work much better. :)

that kind of box are nice, but i need a computer to do little photoshop editing, lot of dremweaver, and some .net programming
games are nice but not important, so i was looking for a llano board with 4GB of ram and a simple 3,5hdd
cheap and effective

i'll need to move the computer often in the house, so that kind of solution is perfect

Back