I Am Alive - Live/PSN

Scott_Arm

Legend
Hadn't heard of this one, but it looks pretty cool. Uncharted style climbing. Post-apocalyptic survival game. As you climb or move, you lose stamina. Once your stamina depletes your health begins to drop which you have to replinish with food or water. Climbing segments require planning and pacing so that you do not run out of health and plummet to your death. The same would apply to being chased, I suppose. Limited weapons, supplies and food. Seems like it may be worthy of some points off my new points card.

This one was announced a loooong time ago. Wonder what happened during development. Jade was working on it at the time, but she moved onto heading the next Splinter Cell game at their new studio IIRC.

It seems to have lost a lot of colour since the beginning. :p I may give the trial a whirl at some point, but the art style is really bugging me.

It was in development by Darkworks and published by Ubisoft. Darkworks decided to start working on it, so Ubisoft handed it off to their Shanghai studio. In 2010 the project was basically scrapped and restarted.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Am_Alive#Development

Seems like a tumultuous development, but the previews sound interesting and the gameplay preview vids look pretty cool. I'm not sure if I'm a fan of the near black and white look, but I don't mind so much.

It'll also be interesting to see how it differs from The Last Of Us. This one obviously doesn't have mutants or anything, but in terms of survival aspects they seem like they might be going for similar things.

I'm just sad that the PC version got canned. :( Was originally quite interested in the title. And suppose still interested to an extent. Maybe I'll try the demo when it's available. I just realized I haven't turn on my X360 (or any other console) for almost a year now.

Regards,
SB

I make threads for other games, but the general rule is that I make threads for games that no one gives a shit about except for me.

I just purchased this game for 1200 MS points, which is a bargain. The game looks really nice even though it almost has no color. It is fun and addicting to play too. It's kinda like a combination of Assasin's Creed + Alan Wake + Tomb Raider in a post apocolyptic setting. It's not a short game either.

Came out at a REALLY bad time with Mass Effect 3, but I still have interest. Reviews are very good, from the places I tend to hold in higher regard, so I'll download it when I've finished Mass Effect 3.

I just purchased this game for 1200 MS points, which is a bargain. The game looks really nice even though it almost has no color. It is fun and addicting to play too. It's kinda like a combination of Assasin's Creed + Alan Wake + Tomb Raider in a post apocolyptic setting. It's not a short game either.

thanks for the heads up...I was waiting for the PS3 version but that looks a while off...then again, I do have loads stacked up to play. Anyway, I downloaded the demo so will give it a try :)

I've heard very mixed reviews on this, but the Eurogamer review was pretty positive, 8/10 iirc.

This is coming to PSN on 4th April - 20% off for PS+ subs.

I tried it on XBLA and thought it was OK...I liked the idea just think it lacked polish (but then I guess it is a ~£10 game). This certainly looks like it'll be worth getting to fill in the gap before Last of us comes out...

Back