2.2 - 2.6GHz Celeron

sir doris

Regular
Anyone know of any reviews of these processors or have any first hand experience? how they compare with Athlon XP 2000+, etc.? Anand nor Tom seem to have anything on them.

Thx.

For gaming uses, stay away. I saw Celeron overclocked to ~3GHz get beaten by Athlon XP1800+ and P4 1.8GHz in some of game tests.

Ahh... the fallacy of clock speed.

Stay away from celeron period. Pick up a low end p4 if you absolutely must have intel. Otherwise, for the same price as that celeron, you can pick up an AXP of some sort (a 2500 barton is $90 at newegg) that will far and above outperform it.

EDIT: I realize this post sounds like I'm an AMD f@nboy. (wtf? that word is filtered?)

Thanks for the response, my bro is thinking of upgrading his thunderbird and looking at the prices it's Athlon XP (2200+) or Celeron. There are plenty of reviews of the XP but nothing on the latest Celerons, but I'll tell him to steer well clear :D Was kinda hoping that the latest Celeries (based on the Northwood core?) would pull something out the bag.. ah well.

Thanks again.

no they are basicly the same as the old Willamete Celerons. same cache, same FSB... :(

but the Prescott Celerons should be faster. they should get 256 KB Cache and a 133 MHz FSB, so they should be as fast as the old Willamete P4s

Back