Headsets - best bang for buck?

Kaotik

Drunk Member
Legend
Supporter
Apparently my old trusty 12€ Logitech headset broke, probably rolled too many times over the cord with my chair or something.

So, I'm in a need of new headset then - of course another 12€ Logitech would work, just like the old did, but my GF would be probably much happier if my guilds VT conversations wouldn't fill the house every time I raid.

Which means getting a "proper headset" seems to be the answer for me right now - the question is - what would offer the best bang for buck so to say?

My absolute limit is around 50€, so best thing under that is what I'm looking for - considering I'm using integrated audio from my mobo, I'd assume USB-headset would offer superior quality?

I stress that this is only for gaming, including both game audio and VT conversations (and why not skype etc, but they're all more or less the same) - I listen my music and watch my movies/series using external speakers.

Major factor for any headphones, and thus headsets, for me is that they can't cause much sweating, they need to breathe - once I had some headphones which didn't breathe practicly at all, and due atopic excema and bit broken skin, ended up being in hospital for a week getting antibiotics straight to my vein to fight the infection they caused in my external ear.

Any ideas which headset would fit the bill best?

You cant beat the platronics for price. I have a similar pair and I am an exclusive headphone gamer and I game a hell of a lot (aka every waking hour)

Any other suggestions? Based on quick search, the brand isn't available in Finland though most are, and I'd like to avoid waiting for international snailmail to deliver it within few weeks

That's a good selection I've been thinking about the Sony x-bass ones and getting a desk mic, but couldn't find a half decent mic. sorry but i'm not aware of any Finland based retailers.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a good selection I've been thinking about the Sony x-bass ones and getting a desk mic, but couldn't find a half decent mic. sorry but i'm not aware of any Finland based retailers.

Well the availability here in Finland is pretty much the same as elsewhere, from the ones suggested here Platronics is the only one not available here for what I could find, so if it's sold somewhere in EU, it's most likely sold here too ;)

Desk mic is pretty much out of the question for me sadly, as the cat would keep flipping it over all the time during raids for sure :LOL:

Anyone got any comments on Creative Fatality vs Creative Tactic3D Alpha/Sigma?
The Tactic3D's would offer USB-connectivity, which should be pretty much impossible to be worse than mobo integrated realtek I have (and if it is, they still offer analog too)
Is there any real difference between 40 and 50mm neodymium magnet driver units?

Meh, screw sound ... most important thing for a headset is how comfortable it is.

For what it's worth, I have the standard Fatal1ty headset with velvet ear cups and I like em (can't stand leather).

Meh, screw sound ... most important thing for a headset is how comfortable it is.

For what it's worth, I have the standard Fatal1ty headset with velvet ear cups and I like em (can't stand leather).

How do you reckon the quality is with old integrated realtek (abit intel p35 mobo, so it's pretty old) with those, compared to for example what it would be with the tactic3d-thingy which comes with USB option (which enables the fancy thx trustudio which probably means nothing though)

also headset will multichannel.. like 4 channel also good for gaming. really make feel like cheating in close encounter. (can know where the enemy positionfro msound)

Back