Resident Evil 6

Never thought Capcom would manage to outdo themselves in terms of delivering a RE game that looks even less scary than RE5, but they succeeded with flying colors.

so you can finally move and shoot at the same time?

looks pretty good, and at least partially back to actual zombies instead of whatever the bad guys were in the last 2 games.

Looks interesting, I'm wondering if they're using MT Framework 2.0 for this game as it looks different. I also thought they'd wait until next generation to release this game.

Seems like the characters are much more agile this time. Graphics look great.

As for the story, Ada is in so I'm looking forward to it.

Watching the trailer makes me think of the combat from Bulletstorm (minus the combos) mixed in with some console melee mechanics. Combat is much more mobile and fluid. Sliding tackle and shooting while sliding. Cover mechanics.

Could still be creepy if done well. Gears 1 managed to be creepy and scary in places despite having relatively mobile combat.

I just hope they can manage to do proper horror and not the Dead Space method of blood everywhere = horror.

Regards,
SB

Count me in ! I have no hope of getting RE4 or the previous survival games again, but as an action game this looks slick and fun ! :) Hope its not a boriing grind like RE5.

Leon and Ashley are in, Raccoon City is in, the president is a Zombie ........lets shoot babay :cool: !

Development length:

About 2 years

Possible demo:

More information on a demo will be available in the coming months :)

Multiple playable characters:

There'll be multiple characters, each with their own unique perspective and involvement in the storyline!

Development team:

Very busy! Hundreds of people on the team to bring #RE6 to life!

Enemies:

And the zombies are a bit different to what you may be used to!

Gameplay:

will be a great mix of classic Resident Evil with survival horror moments!

SOme info from the devs.

I don't think adding better shooting controls and more agile characters kills the game.

Capcom can keep the survival-horror element by upping the challenge in more interesting ways.

What I would love to see in a RE game

- Stealth elements: you can sneek past zombies without getting caught
- Smarter A.I.: Stronger zombie-types can communicate with weaker ones for more strategy)
- Survival: Your character can bleed-out, attracting zombies to your hiding spot. It won't kill you, but will with little health and only heal-up by using items.

I don't think adding better shooting controls and more agile characters kills the game.

I agree ! RE5 could have been a horror game if it wanted to, but they kept the focus on being a co-op zombie shooter. Bring on a atmosphere that seeps into your nerves and lemme shoot like crazy ! It can still be horror, still be about survival and reward skill to the max !
I am not hoping for so much, but I think I will atleast get a horror shooter this time with fun shooting mechanics and good Boss fights ! A skipper can ask for that much , aye !:smile:

I couldn't be less impressed. Looks absolutely terrible.

Never thought Capcom would manage to outdo themselves in terms of delivering a RE game that looks even less scary than RE5, but they succeeded with flying colors.

Agreed. This is Gears of War with zombies. Actually, I'd say Gears of War had scarier monsters than this.

I think Capcom has the right philosophy.

Those crying for survival horror in this day and age with a RE game are fooling themselves. The hard truth is that zombies and monsters and such are no longer scary. The audience is a lot older now and thus has a lower propensity to be scared by traditional horror media ghouls and ghastlies.

What people would consider scary now is much more psychological horror, rather than simply a well designed monster, and RE has NEVER done that. The hard truth is that for RE games to still maintain their series continuity regarding the story etc, they HAVE to go the more action-horror route. It will keep them relevant and enjoyable to the majority of gamers that have outgrown their childhood fears of ghost, zombies, monsters and other such nasties.

I think Capcom has the right philosophy.

Those crying for survival horror in this day and age with a RE game are fooling themselves. The hard truth is that zombies and monsters and such are no longer scary. The audience is a lot older now and thus has a lower propensity to be scared by traditional horror media ghouls and ghastlies.

What people would consider scary now is much more psychological horror, rather than simply a well designed monster, and RE has NEVER done that. The hard truth is that for RE games to still maintain their series continuity regarding the story etc, they HAVE to go the more action-horror route. It will keep them relevant and enjoyable to the majority of gamers that have outgrown their childhood fears of ghost, zombies, monsters and other such nasties.

The original Resident Evil games werent scary in their time just because they had Zombies.
They felt like survival horror games because they did have the right atmosphere combined with the necessary difficulty, balance of skills, ammo and gameplay mechanics.

Resident Evil begun to lose the survival horror feel since Resident Evil 3 and it wasnt because we got used to zombies and monsters.
By the time they begun dropping evasive maneuvers, incredible SUPERHUMAN fighting skills, lots of ammunition, lots of health herbs, lots powerful weapons with lots of their ammunition scattered everywhere, they broke the feel of survival.

I almost finished Resi 4 in Professional Mode and finished Resi 5 in hard mode and none of them could even touch the survival horror feel in Dead Space 1 and 2 which isnt supposed to be that scary. That tells a lot about the direction Resident Evil games are taking.

They are survival horror games no more. They are just as survival horror as any shooter. Just replace robots, locusts, soldiers or whatever with zombies.
In Resi 5 Chris even had enough strength to push and punch a HUGE rock where he wanted to......on an uphill path!!
If you are Chuck Norris nothing can be scary.

We all have to just accept it now that Capcom is not making a Survival horro game with RE nowadays. The faster we accept it, the better. Shooters sell, and they are focussing on making a good co-op shooter. that sells twice the copies as you need a friend to co-op with.
Re5 was terrible when I played alone, and was enjoyable when played with a friend. RE6 will go the same route judging from the trailer. Lotsa crazy shooting/melees with a friend to laugh along with. if they can atleast manage a dark enough atmosphere this time around to provide a sense of tension, that will be seal the deal. I don't think they are aiming for anything more than that. Its a thriller now, not a horror series. We can either enjoy it as a thriller, which I couldn't with RE5 cos I was expecting a horror game, or just ignore it.
The situation cannot be helped. lets just hope they have a very slick co-op shooter here.

Have it from the horse's mouth :
"We've seen the popularity of Resident Evil increase massively as the series became more action oriented - Resident Evil 5 is the biggest seller in the series. So, it makes sense for us to follow this action area more fully."

He added of Operation Raccoon City: "The dream would be that the millions of Call of Duty fans that are enjoying these fast-paced online games are attracted to this Resident Evil."

More info here !

Have it from the horse's mouth :

"He added of Operation Raccoon City: "The dream would be that the millions of Call of Duty fans that are enjoying these fast-paced online games are attracted to this Resident Evil."

:rolleyes:

There isn't a facepalm big enough for this. I litterally rolled my eyes reading that.

When will games publishers and developers learn not to chase COD fans? Especially when you already have a franchise like RE that sells bucket loads off from its own fans alone.

THQ would have killed to have any one of its core game franchises sell as much as some of Capcom's best selling games. Yet Capcom, instead of realising they already have a winning formula with mass appeal, water down their games in an attempt to broaden the appeal of their games even further. If after selling 5mil+ RE5 wasn't a profitable game then Capcom is doing it wrong.

I don't care if it's a survival horror game, an action game, an rpg or a pet simulator. If a game is good, it's good and I'll play it. Resident Evil 4 and 5 were both great games.

The problem, for me at least, is that I can get my action fix a dozen times over from pretty much anyplace else already, and usually with way more interesting characters, stories and gameplay to boot.
The only way this new RE is gonna turn me into a believer is when Capcom realizes how mind-numbingly dumb and cheesy the series has become, fully embraces it and plays it all for laughs like the latest Saints Row did. Otherwise I'll just hop into the shoes of the infinitely more interesting Max Paynes and Nathan Drakes of the gaming world.

Back