NVIDIA Tegra Architecture

Here's an interesting design win:

http://www.gizchina.com/2014/05/15/breaking-xiaomi-launch-nvidia-tegra-k1-xiaomi-tablet/

Xiaomi make good-quality products and this looks like an excellent tablet for the price, providing the usual overseas mark-up isn't too bad. Battery life sounds especially good.
huge HUge HUGE design win for TK1. At this price, with these specs, and with Xiaomi hype train, nvidia is going to sell millions of SoCs.
Waiting to see next quarter Tegra turnover...

Too bad it's a 4:3 tablet taking the train of ipad mini's screen.
Had it been the same screen as LG's 8.3 inch G Pad, I'd been all over it.

Too bad it's a 4:3 tablet taking the train of ipad mini's screen.
Had it been the same screen as LG's 8.3 inch G Pad, I'd been all over it.

I am looking out for a 9-10" tablet as we speak; the ratio is the last thing that would had spoiled it for me. Give me a 9.7" gorilla glass K1 Xiaomi tablet and I'll preorder it even at 250 instantly :rolleyes:

I am looking out for a 9-10" tablet as we speak; the ratio is the last thing that would had spoiled it for me. Give me a 9.7" gorilla glass K1 Xiaomi tablet and I'll preorder it even at 250 instantly :rolleyes:
The cheapest 7.9 costs $250, you are looking at a minimum of $300 at 10 inches.

What exactly is keeping you from buying an Asus TF701, Xperia Tablet Z 2 or a Samsung Galaxy Tablet Pro 10.1?
They're all great 10.1" tablets.

Let's face it, if they could take just a few percent of the iPad market away from Apple, they would stand to make lots and lots of money, so that particular focus isn't too surprising!

Yes, but Xiaomi has an outstanding marketshare in China (Xiaomi eats apple for breakfast in chinese marketshare) and they're already recognized as a large brand.

They'll need to come up with an identity if they're ever willing to go worldwide.
Being an awkward apple satire shouldn't be enough in the long run.

Pretty much all other tablets excel in craptasticness. There's no point in devaluing your flagship new product with excellent specs by comparing it against a sea of also-rans.

What exactly is keeping you from buying an Asus TF701, Xperia Tablet Z 2 or a Samsung Galaxy Tablet Pro 10.1?
They're all great 10.1" tablets.

Because if I buy something NOW I won't settle for yesteryears technology, especially if I am aiming for a 2048*1536 resolution.

The cheapest 7.9 costs $250, you are looking at a minimum of $300 at 10 inches.

Euros are a wee bit more worth than dallars :p

While true, you have VAT.

In my neck of woods if I order in China directly I can skip even shipping costs if I can wait 3-4 weeks and I don't pay a single dime in taxes or customs. So if a chinese online retailer will price a MiPad at say 170-180 Euros for the tablet that's all I'm going to pay for it. The point was that with ~250 I meant Euros and not $.

I really want either a 9.7 or 10.1" tablet though; hello is Zopo or Lenovo out there listening?....:p

Interesting thing about today Xiaomi MiPad launch is not only the fact that it comes with by far the highest performance numbers but also at an incredible low price point (for the specs).
I wonder how it will influence other contenders. Like S800/801 is the de facto standard in high-end smartphones, I expect TK1 to become the new standard in high-end tablets (with or without i500 modem). In fact, it will be very difficult for other players to come up with a much slower product at higher price...
I will not be surprise to find a K1 SoC inside next Nexus tablet (8 or 10") and in next Surface refresh. And what about other vendors like HTC, Acer, LG that have been previous Nvidia customers ? will they launch TK1 tablets too ?

Back