Santa brought me...(yes, Santa does exist, you deniers!)

WaltC

Veteran
(In dollars...and unless otherwise noted, sale prices)

From Steam:

Skyrim: $40.19

Deus Ex: GOTY Edition $6.49

Max Payne Bundle (1&2) $7.49

Fallout New Vegas $4.99

Unreal Gold $2.49

Two Worlds II $19.99

From GoG:

Baldur's Gate Original Saga $9.99

Lands of Lore Bundle 1&2 $5.99

Might and Magic 7 $5.99

Might and Magic 8 $5.99

Might and Magic 9 $5.99

Might and Magic 6-pack bundle $9.99

NeverWinterNights-Diamond bundle $9.99

The JourneyMan: Project 2 $5.99

The Longest Journey $9.99

Sacred Gold $9.99

StoneKeep $5.99

Syberia $9.99

Syberia 2 $9.99

=$73.91 -Gog Sale = $52.87 final price (any math mistakes are entirely my own)

Very happy with these deals! Especially the $40.19 price for Skyrim--didn't expect a fall off the $59.95 retail price for quite some time to come. Many of these games, if not all of them, were games I had owned but which I lost in a fire in my games' room that knocked out literally a couple of hundred old, original CD-rom games ! I am rebuilding those of the old collection that I recall having enjoyed, and this time am doing it from cloud services so that pesky things like fires can't knock out my entire collection any more.

Longest Journey, Syberia 1 & 2, although I enjoyed them, are mainly for the wife, who enjoyed them even more.

There are new D3d10 renderers available for Deus Ex & Unreal Gold--new textures for Deus Ex are knockouts! Also already had Rune which I've rediscovered with the D3d10 renderer, as well as Unreal Tournament.

I lost all my old M&M games in the fire--so I had to get them back, of course. All these games are a gas, really.

Just thought I'd share some Christmas cheer for the new year!

It was that gaming gods that bestowed such large slices of goodness upon you - praise them...
santa indeed, pah....

mmm Might and Magic 1-9 sounds mighty tasty. I can't fathom the amount of hours I spent in those games. Possibly my favorite CRPG series ever, at least on par with SSI, Bards Tales and Wizardry's.

What you bought:
- bla bla bla bla etc. etc.

What you'll actually play 99% of the time:
- Skyrim

It's still great that you get to own those games again, though :)

Very nice list!

Old games have special appeal, especially good ones like Might&Magic or Baldur's :D

Remember owning huge Baldurs box. It contained 7 or more discs plus lots of extras, maps, manuals.

It was that gaming gods that bestowed such large slices of goodness upon you - praise them...
santa indeed, pah....

Yea-how perceptive is thine heart! I was but innocently, joyfully praising the gaming Pantheon as is want for all of us to do when out of a dark thunderhead Santa appeared and his madcap visage, his countenance of Angry Santa, blotted out yon sky as he screamed with the Voice of the quaking Earth: "BEGONE, INTERLOPERS, TRICKSTERS, PARALEGALS & PARASITES! THIS DAY IS MINE and YE SHALL NOT PROFANE IT! YE....SHALL...NOT...PASS_S_S_S_SS_S!" Whereupon that gaming Pantheon, precious to all of us and then some, was hurled to the outer reaches of DOOM county in the blink of an eye! Yea, that day and for that day alone, Santa reigned supreme among all the Lords of Cosmos. Ticket sales for the event this year were very good, or so have I heard...

mmm Might and Magic 1-9 sounds mighty tasty. I can't fathom the amount of hours I spent in those games. Possibly my favorite CRPG series ever, at least on par with SSI, Bards Tales and Wizardry's.

Ah, when the Earth was new!...Memories like these are hard to describe and properly pass along--unless you are talking to someone else who experienced them just like you did...;) The new pups may find our devotion to these archaic titles strange and inexplicable--but should they dare to step into these worlds they will surely be ensnared as we were, wouldn't you agree?

I keep looking for Wizardry 8--I lost that one, too--have you by chance seen it still in publication somewhere?

@ToTTenTranz & Lightman...

Skyrim is great and I'm really enjoying it--but don't be so hasty to write off some of these earlier games. With the Mod community working with texture packs and other improvements--many of these old games play like new ones. Deus Ex: GOTY with the D3d10 renderer & the incredible new S3TC textures for the game that the D3d10 renderer natively supports--is, to me, like an entirely new game that even the newer version of Deus Ex (great game!) could take some pointers from. For me--half the fun is in setting up the mods and texture packs and new configs! I love to tinker.

Merry Christmas, guys, and happy gaming! (Did I just say "happy gaming"? It *is* the egg nogg--I *knew* it! Was that Testosterone they put into it this year, or Tetrahydrocannabinol?)

Back